View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal View Post
how can it be only 8 floors max when those apartment towers next to it are all much taller than 8 floors? and i'm not going by those complex calculations - they're confusing. i'm going by envisioning the taipei 101 tower only (not that big base with the mall) and fitting it into D3 space and it looks like it fits perfectly.

look how skinny and tall this tower is in ny. if they can build a tower like this, why cant they build it in D3 which is a bigger piece of land?

Of course, it will not be only 8 floors high.
In my example, the floor space for each storey is 5312m2 beacue I build a boxy building.
The total area you allow to build is 41423 m2, so 41423/5312 is about 8.
It is the lowest heigh for the development.
If you only use 500m2 to build a tower and you use all building bulk ratio for this building, it will be 82, 83 floors high.
Does it make sense?

Anyway, I just want to show that the building bulk ratio is too low compare with Taipei 101. (390% vs 1260%) And also the land, the land of Taipei 101 is about 3 times bigger than D3. (10662.7m2 vs 30772m2) There are limitations for D3.
So I think it is impossible to build a skyscraper that is suitable Taipei 101.
=========================================================

The building you post, the building bulk ratio posiible will be more than 4000%. The floor space for each floor is equal to the area of structure. And it has 40 floors so the building builk ratio will be 4000%. If use D3's ratio is will only 3.9 floors. It is impossible to ocuur in Taiwan.

For many Taiwanese enthusiasts, we envy many western cities can build something like a very tall building in a very small piece of land.

Last edited by williamchung taiwan; Apr 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM.