View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 5, 2009, 6:21 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
This gang war is getting out of control, guess it just comes with the territory now that we are getting to be a big city. I really hope they dont start bombing each other like the bikers in Montreal did in he 90s.
I was talking to one of the other dads on my daughter's hockey team the other day. His friend is in the RCMP gang analysis unit and says Calgary 'ain't seen nothing yet' in terms of gang violence. In his words he says that the current gang war is between a couple of small time gangs and it pretty minor. Currently they are sticking pretty much to killing each other. They (the cops) big worry is that sooner or later it will escalate. Apparently the big time gangs are the Hell's Angels, the Russian gangs, and the Jamaican gangs. Once they get involved it will get very messy. The Jamaicans are apparently noted for decapitating their victims and leaving them in public places. The Russians are just plain physically viscous, and the Hell's Angels just make people disappear without a trace. Once we start seeing this youwill know things have escalated.

Albert Einstein