View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2008, 4:58 PM
Dartmouth Girl

I was out at the airport this morning, they are making a lot of headway in construction of the parking structure, and I believe they were out marking survey information for the beginnings of the hotel???

I was also looking to speak to somebody higher up at the airport about the "official" construction status and some of the other stuff I know some of us are interested in (the facade of the front of the terminal building, the domestic check in area etc etc), but unfortunately I wasn't able to find anyone (it was rather busy!!) However I will be sending an email in just a little bit to them on behalf of myself, all of you guys here on SSP, and Haligonians for Development as well, we'll see what inside info we can get

It seemed as well that they are making really good progress on the road "situation" out there, I think at the pace they are going, the new terminal roads should be done by the end of the summer? (the email I'm sure will give us an answer on that)

Don't forget they have a live cam of the construction site out there, be sure to check it out:

http://www.building-up.ca/Site/Live_...ction_Cam.html

and I guess just as a forewarning to anyone travelling out there, allot a little extra time with the mess that the terminal access roads are in now, parking bla bla bla AND on top of that they've got the 102 torn up all around the airport exits....