View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 11:45 PM
TIGERS NATIONAL CHAMPS

LaVie

I-12/O’Neal development plan set for meeting

AP Business
Business Today Newsletter

Published: Nov 29, 2007

A mixed-use development anchored by a movie studio near Interstate 12 and O’Neal Lane and originally touted at $1.6 billion will go before the city-parish Planning and Zoning Commission on Dec. 10.

La Vie, on 995 acres bounded by I-12, O’Neal, S. Harrell’s Ferry and the Amite River, is the newest project from developer R.W. Day.

It would have 875 single-family lots on 145 acres, or 15 percent of the site, and 650 residential units on 97 acres, or about 10 percent of the site, according to plans filed with the planning commission.

The development would also have 3 million square feet of commercial space on 184 acres, or about 19 percent of the property.

Word of the project first broke at the Red Stick Animation Festival this spring, when Chuck Bush, owner of the production company, Resurgent Entertainment, said he would locate his offices there.

The plans provide no details on the studio, but Bush has said it would include sound stages and a film and video production training facility.

Day will have to submit further details on the project if the requested zoning change from rural to planned unit development is granted by the commission next month and the Metro Council on Jan. 16.

The plans indicate access to the project will come from O’Neal Lane at Medical Center Drive and a planned extension of S. Harrell’s Ferry. It also mentions the possibility of a new exit off of I-12, just east of the O’Neal
interchange.

link to extensive presentation of this massive development>>>>>>>>>.
http://www.rwdayonline.com/uploads/R...esentation.swf