View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk_ayu View Post
More than thousands of immigrants from Hong Kong have left Australia and moved back to Hong Kong. They are mostly professionals.
Interesting comment, though i'm wondering if you could provide some justification - preferably from a governmental website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk_ayu View Post
Government should think of how to keep the immigrants particularly the professionals, not just simply bring them in. Once the immigrants realise that Australia is not what they imagined at first, they go.
I work in the medical field, which i presume you would define as professional, and those that i work with did not move here without deep consideration into the positives and negatives. The majority i know visited australia for a decent period before decision to immigrate was made. Honestly i don't think i've come across a migrant, recent or otherwise, who has found australian very different to their expectations and/or is desperate to leave. International immigration is continuing at a rate approximately double that of emmigration, so it can't be all bad.