View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 5, 2007, 2:07 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegger5 View Post
How could you forget Old Dutch Chips! Born and raised in Winnipeg. Huge plant and HO in Inkster Park.. They also have plants in Calgary and Minneapolis..

Also, Bee-Maid Honey and a ton of clothing manufacturers that make original clothing and many that make clothing for all the big jean names like GAP, Levis etc.
Yes you are so right.... I forgot about Old Dutch. I am pretty sure there head office is still on Inkster.

others would be:

Warehouse One
Nutty Club
Western Glove
Clean Bee
Lakeside Hospitality
Salsbury House
Western Canada Lotteries
APTN

As far as Calgary goes... more and more non-oil companies are looking to move out of town, as local office and industrial space is extremely expensive and staffing has become a major concern to many.

For the record I am also a big Edmoton fan. It is a beautiful city. I have spend many evenings dining at the Sawmill, which is a very sucessful local restaurant chain. It also has one of my favorite drives, cruising down old groat road always makes me smile. There is no ill-will... each city is a separate entity and have individual characteristics which makes them special.

I would say I am a fan of all of Western Canadian cities, but am also extremely aware that each is different. No city has every characteristic .. and sometimes that is mistaken for weakness or criticism. I like to see that as the distinct charm which diffrentiates each. Who want every city to me the same .. not me.

Last edited by newflyer; Apr 7, 2007 at 1:07 AM.