View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2006, 7:16 PM
Veni Vidi Vici

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb
What's wrong with you? The Euro zone is not reduced to France, Italy or Germany.
But in post 81 I specifically referred to "the major Eurozone economies" (ie Germany, France, and Italy) and gave their annual growth forecast as in the range 2 to 2.5%. I was right. That was not a lie (as you accused me in post 82). It was factually correct aside from Italy which is forecast for slower growth at 1.7% in 2006.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb
It's a fact that the US economy is slowing down, and the economy of the Euro Zone is gaining momentum. If you don't like the world "booming", that's your problem. What's important is the current growth rate with respect to the potential growth rate. The Euro Zone is doing more than OK.
Like I said before the improvement is encouraging given the years of stagnation beforehand - a modest recovery - but I don't think it's enough to be called a "boom". What about the fact that other developed economies such as Britain, United States, Canada, Australia, and Japan are all growing faster? Are they all "booming" too? And gloating over the US does seem a little premature given that the US is forecast for 3.3% growth in 2006 - significantly more than the Eurozone.

Last edited by Mercutio; Nov 22, 2006 at 7:28 PM.