View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2006, 8:02 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Well, not really. I just wondered if there was anything going on there.

In other news:

Well, after a good while of waiting, I finally got the e-mail I've been waiting for.

Here was my e-mail to Arcwheeler:

Sent: Fri 9/15/2006 5:58 PM
To: John Voneiff
Subject: hi

Hi John,
Hope you're having a good day.
I just read the news on the land Acquisition of 414 Light Street in Baltimore.
That's great news.
Can we expect an update on the project? New renderings?
Hope to hear something soon.

Thanks for your time.

Steve Wyatt
----------------------

After a long wait I finally got his answer:

Steve,

As you know, ARCWheeler has closed on 414 Light Street. It will be operated as a parking lot, managed by Central Parking, until we finished our pre-construction work and complete the UDARP and approval possesses. Expect construction to begin in about 14-16 month toward a completion in early 2011. The mixed-use make-up of the building is not finalized. It will have about 75,000 SF of Retail, 2 great restaurants, a gourmet food store, a destination spa and workout facility, an approximate 225 key well known brand hotel, some small office-residential suites, about 50 lofts in the building's plinth - 4-6 stories up, approximately 125 residential condominiums and either office for a blue-chip tenant or luxury apartments plus about 1000 parking stalls. The building will exceed 700 feet but be below 800 feet. Views from 500 feet are approximately 15 miles in any direction. Any of the mixed use components might change over the next six-months. The Design Architect is Robert A.M. Stern, STV is the likely Architect of Record and Whiting-Turner Contracting Company will be the builder. The project is estimated to be 1,000,000 +/- SF plus parking.

Best

John

John Voneiff
ARCWheeler

-------------------

Well, we wanted specifics. Other than updated renderings, I'd say this bit of information is pretty specific and should answer allot of our questions.

Thank you, John.