View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2006, 6:09 PM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhuhwhy
At least we know these designs age well though. I think the design of the station is more important than the train when all is said and done. There needs to be more signs like in London that tell you when the next train is coming. How many stations in Chicago have that?

I agree. I go back and forth on if I prefer the stainless steal look or if I would like the CTA to go down the route of a Madrid or even a D.C. look. Both have their aethestic pros and cons. The one major con I have against the current look is that it reminds me too much of NYC. It seems to say if it is good enough for NYC then its good enough for us. But it does age well, doesn't get especially dirty, and can look sleak at times. Also I think the inside of the new cars are more important. Look insde Londons lines (only seen in photos) and they look very nice and sophisticated.

But as said before I think the stations are most important. And I hate to say it but many if not most of Chi's stations are just in abysmal shape. If you want to change perceptions that rapid tranist is not just for the poor then you need to change the atmosphere and conditions that it looks like it does.