View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2024, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Yeah, it was great basketball and the fans that showed up were loud but asking for $60 a day (cheapest seats) for teams that no one in the area would really be familiar with is a lot. You have 8800 seats to play with, why not price it in half and try to get 3000-4000 fans per day for a better environment. There was hardly any groups except one minor basketball team. Work with local schools to fill up a couple student sections for $5-10 a ticket, perhaps have a incentive for who can get more tickets sold. If you market these sections differently no one will bat an eye about pricing being different.

Also bringing in a band to create a more college sports atmosphere would be cool. I'm sure they did some analysis to figure out their initial pricing but I hope there is adjustments. it really is a unique event for the area.
Was the attendance really that bad? That’s too bad.

I priced it out, and it made more sense to fly down to Orlando on Saint John’s cheap Flair flight and see an NBA game than spend all that money to drive to Moncton from SJ to see some random div 1 college ball. At one point last season, the Memphis Grizzlies had tickets for less than $10 to see an NBA game

If they want to make this an annual thing, they better lower the prices and prioritize attendance and concession sales. The VIP packages they were selling were ridiculous.