View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2024, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcats View Post
Thank you for letting me know how dumb I am. I just live up here...I will now push everything out of my mind - when I observe something in my daily living. No, I don't think there should be 8 lanes - since you can read my mind - you should know I think there should be 12 lanes. I think you are reading something there - that isn't there. Go ahead - advocate for a full-service resort up here. I'm not going to fight it. If one gets built - I'm sure to go visit it. Do you know a developer - or, developers - that have attempted to build one up here and has been shot down by locals? Flagstaff would be great - because of 1-40 and I-17 meet there. - it gets a lot of cross-country traffic. Bearizona and that new outdoor roller coaster - both in Williams - right off of I-40 are fun. I have not been there in the winter. Not sure if the roller coaster is opened in the winter.

Regarding traffic lane widening: My experience...my observation...when an extra lane was added in the L.A. area - it took years to add one lane. When it was finished - the traffic was just as heavy as it was seven years earlier. In that seven years it took to add one lane- more people showed up. Arizona is growing so fast - not sure how much the added lane will help when finished - probably, 10 years after completion - they will be pushing to add another lane.

Interestingly, that freeway - 202 built around South Mountain - my understanding was that it was built by the private sector - completed a year ahead of schedule and under budget.
They are adding more than 1 lane each direction.

All freeways are built by the private sector in AZ. 202 was procured uniquely in a manner than encouraged them to complete on time.