View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2024, 12:02 AM

The eastern section of Green Road,which abutts much of the McDonald's outlet, is part of Dartmouth Common and therefore cannot be developed for any purpose other than as public space. (See section 66 of the HRM Charter.)
The remainder of Green Rd to Wyse Rd is a public road.
In other news, I suggest people read the the article in the Globe and Mail today where Mayor Chow relates how downtown Toronto office workers are spending days working at home and days working in the downtown towers. The monetary gain to employees results in a loss to downtown snack/coffee shops

Quote " Downtown office vacancies. The rate right now is 17.4%—

It’s connected with congestion. Because people are saying, “We don’t want to travel.” So, I’ve met with four bank CEOs now, and one more to come. They’re all saying that, at most, it’s three days a week. I said, “How do I get it to four days? And five days?”

You want people here five days a week.

I want them to be here at least four days, if not five. And they said, “It’s not possible.” I said, “We need to figure out a way to have more people coming.” So, they are working with the city, looking at congestion, looking at revitalizing the downtown, because the small businesses that rely on the office people coming back are not doing very well. The food court is empty. "
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...ty-in-decline/

Could this be the start of more people working several days at home and not downtown ?

Last edited by Colin May; Apr 24, 2024 at 12:19 AM.