View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Again.....

I'm going to repeat my grievance - Serious proposals only please.

This is the second set of fancy renderings of what could be the future of the Sox when we haven't even come to a conclusion of what's to be of the initial pitch to get the Sox to go to 78.

We saw this splash of renderings from Arlington Heights showing a mixed-use development surrounding a future Bears stadium. Arlington Park was demolished.... Then the Bears bitched about taxes.... started touting plans to stay in the city...... There's been tons of headlines about a new stadium adjacent to the existing Soldier Field...... Now all of the sudden the Bears are trying to get a win over AH with taxes.

Like I said - I can't take any of these renderings seriously because we get a new headline three seconds after this stating team X has plans Y now. I'm not saying developers/architects/etc can't release these plans, but let's be a bit real on what exactly is going to go through to completion.
This appears to be a concept by non-stakeholders. It’s visionary. Hence the title “what if”. But still a valuable tool that can influence decision making and alternative perspectives.

The 78 needs to work. The Sox want to capture an additional fanbase who will find this location extraordinarily convenient and logistically workable in a busy schedule…whether you live in the city or suburbs.