View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2024, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
A much newer developments. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have the impression Cleveland and Lorain/Elyria are connected by continuous urban development since the 1950's. With Akron, since the 1960's or so.

But ok: go to a detailed map and explain to me what objectively separates Los Angeles and San Bernardino UAs. I'm genuinely curious. Disclaimer: it's a several miles long border, randomly taking curves hear and there (county borders?) with very dense suburban development of both sides.
Others have said it, and I agree. They (the 3cs) are all in the same tier while having different feelings on the ground. Even if you add Akron to Cleveland's MSA, it's still in the same tier as Columbus and Cincinnati. The slight differences in population mean little to nothing in the lived experience of the residents of these metro areas. The arguing over who is bigger is silly.

Yes, NEO needs to be fixed from a definition standpoint. Right now, I'm at work in the Akron Urban Area and live in the Akron Uban Area. My coworker in the office beside me lives in the Akron Urban Area and lives in the Cleveland Metro Area simultaneously. In contrast, other coworkers live in the Akron Urban Area and live in the Canton Metro Area simultaneously. That being said, I agree entirely that they are all separate Urban areas. Having family in Lorain/Elyria, I agree with that separation as well. The countless times I've stayed in Lorain County, I've never felt like I was staying in Cleveland; it felt like its own adjacent area to Cleveland.

Last edited by westak; Mar 7, 2024 at 7:00 PM.