View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2024, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir_Noir View Post
Yes the aerials do look a good match. I'm putting my money on the Lonsdale.

mil.library.ucsb.edu

Whoever took the picture was on Wilshire looking across at an angle to the Lonsdale (blue box) on Serrano.

The insurance company office in the picture was for National American Insurance to the rear of 3701 Wilshire.

The directory capture was snipped from two pages and abbreviates the Lonsdale listing. The Lonsdale had sixty apartments.

I think the Los Angeles Wallpaper & Paint Co. were located across Wilshire in the red circle.
Based on the aerials I think you are probably right. I found the one you posted as well as some others, and all were frustratingly inconclusive but the low building next door, additional apartment to the north, and parking lot including orientation of the spots, all match. I can't identify the rooftop sign on any of the aerials but it's too slight for that most likely. In at least one aerial I can see that the corners of the building have higher walls, but the palm trees in the photo block all of the corners to be able to confirm that design element, which is infuriating!