View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2023, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
It’s absolutely pathetic that it has taken Canada this long to recognize that this hospital incident was Hamas. The initial reaction from the government was very much one of blame. Trudeau outright said the attack was illegal and a war crime. I don’t recall him saying “we ummm will errrr umm wait ummm until we ummm have more ummm information” before making those comments.
Actually what he said was:
“Civilian life must always be protected and international and humanitarian law must always be respected. We are working closely with allies to determine exactly what happened,”

"Canada is taking the necessary steps to look at everything before drawing conclusions on what happened."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
To me it seems more like pandering to a particular demographic. If they are seen as too critical of Palestine then it will backfire on them at election time with the Muslim voters. Could also be they are worried it could escalate protests and fuel more antisemitism if they condemn those Palestinians, somehow I don’t think the liberals care too much about the Jews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
On the one hand Canada nominally supports Israel and on the other hand the foreign affairs minister jumps to strongly insinuating that they're committing war crimes before the facts are confirmed.

Israel is committing war crimes, that is clear. I think Canada is trying to be even-handed and diplomatic.