SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Never Built & Visionary Projects (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=342)
-   -   NEW YORK | One Madison Avenue | 937 FT / 285.6 M | 74 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137870)

THE BIG APPLE Oct 2, 2012 7:30 PM

I think the city classifies this as cancelled, but I can see in their minds and how they think and I'm sure they think it's a stale proposal (not that I do, I love it).

Crawford Oct 2, 2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE (Post 5852709)
I think the city classifies this as cancelled, but I can see in their minds and how they think and I'm sure they think it's a stale proposal (not that I do, I love it).

There's no such classification as "cancelled" for the NYC DOB.

There's also no such classification as "proposed", "u/c" or pretty much any of the SSP designations.

Crawford Oct 2, 2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pico44 (Post 5852174)
As much as I miss RW around these parts, I'm not sure I believe this rumor he's started. It would be incredible if it actually happened.

RW is an attorney who works with developers, I believe.

He was 100% correct re. all his inside info for 432 Park, long before the info was made public.

I would probably trust his inside info, considering he has been proven correct in the past.

Dac150 Oct 2, 2012 11:55 PM

I tend to believe what RW has to say - he's proven to be credible. With that I look forward to some activity here, whether the original design resurfaces or not.

NYguy Oct 3, 2012 12:50 AM

Keep in mind that this was a development for a later time, unlike most other proposals that have intended completion dates. It was always up in the air as to both design and when it would be built. Also, it has never gone through public review.

THE BIG APPLE Oct 3, 2012 1:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawford (Post 5852971)
There's no such classification as "cancelled" for the NYC DOB.

There's also no such classification as "proposed", "u/c" or pretty much any of the SSP designations.

Mostly everything gets approved by the city. Tower Verre was a stale proposal for the city (unless 200 ft got chopped off). Cancelled while not a NYC DOB term is used if a building gets approved by the DOB and then stays unfinished and is considered cancelled (Metlife North) or when a building fails to get financing and is cancelled. Proposed is something waiting to get the green light, OR go through the back door (432 Park Ave not having to get approval (as of right)). U/C IS a NYC DOB term as it's just common and basic knowledge that when something is being built it's U/C. Right now One Madison Ave would be proposed.

Zapatan Oct 24, 2012 11:39 PM

Sorry to bump the thread but is there any chance of this building getting built? I'm crazy about it

yankeesfan1000 Oct 24, 2012 11:47 PM

We had this discussion 3 weeks ago in this thread, and you even posted right in the middle of it. If there's news it will be posted, otherwise reread the conversation you took part in three weeks ago where the very question you're asking was addressed. Come on.

Zapatan Oct 25, 2012 1:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 (Post 5878672)
We had this discussion 3 weeks ago in this thread, and you even posted right in the middle of it. If there's news it will be posted, otherwise reread the conversation you took part in three weeks ago where the very question you're asking was addressed. Come on.

yeesh calm down... It's not really clear if it's canceled or not was basically what I was saying/asking.

DURKEY427 Oct 27, 2012 4:48 PM

Whats the DOB ?

hunser Oct 27, 2012 5:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DURKEY427 (Post 5881949)
Whats the DOB ?

Department of Buildings New York: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/html/home/home.shtml

DURKEY427 Oct 27, 2012 9:03 PM

^ Thank you i thought it would be something like that

NYguy Jun 3, 2013 9:32 PM

Missed this little bit of news...

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/04/...holliday-says/

April 24, 2013
By Hiten Samtani

Quote:

SL Green’s president Andrew Mathias addressed the company’s growing residential portfolio, and singled out 1 Madison Avenue, which the company acquired in 2005, as a potential conversion project in the company’s portfolio. The site has 450,000 square feet of undeveloped air rights, Mathias said, and a lease with Credit Suisse that expires in 2020.

“It’s very feasible, very desirable,” Mathias said.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1368...pt?part=single

Quote:

David Toti - Cantor Fitzgerald & Co., Research Division

...my last question, given that your increased involvement in residential in recent years, do you think there are any opportunities in your portfolio, anything you may have especially coupled with your increasing development interest as well?

Andrew W. Mathias - President

Well, I think the most prominent is One Madison where we have 450,000 square feet of undeveloped air rights there and the lease with Credit Suisse that rolls in 2020. We did explore potential development there prior to 2008 and it's very feasible and very desirable. And that's certainly one that could get revisited in the future.

Crawford Jun 3, 2013 10:30 PM

I really hope this one happens soon.

Combine this 940 ft. tower with the upcoming 800 ft. tower at 22nd/PAS, and you really get a new skyline cluster, and push the Midtown skyline southward.

This area has become one of my favorite in Manhattan. I really enjoy the Madison Square Park area has become, with Eataly, the rotating artwork in the park itself, and all the great restaurants. Wish I could afford to live right here!

NYguy Jun 3, 2013 11:07 PM

I really hope this development moves forward also, though its not clear if the Libeskind design would be revived. With the way things are moving in Manhattan, I could see them pushing for something even higher, especially if that 800 ft tower gets built.

babybackribs2314 Jun 4, 2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawford (Post 6151717)

Combine this 940 ft. tower with the upcoming 800 ft. tower at 22nd/PAS, and you really get a new skyline cluster, and push the Midtown skyline southward.

This area has become one of my favorite in Manhattan. I really enjoy the Madison Square Park area has become, with Eataly, the rotating artwork in the park itself, and all the great restaurants. Wish I could afford to live right here!

Strongly agree--the change around Madison Square Park over the last five years alone has been astounding. Broadway was literally wig shops and fake perfume stores, for block after block.

Two hotels will also be rising a few blocks to the northwest, and there's also the vertical expansion at the building on the corner of 5th & 25th (I believe? the exact address escaped me ATM). Crazy how the area is booming.

yankeesfan1000 Jun 4, 2013 2:24 AM

^ 10 Madison Square West is what you're referring to, and steel has gone vertical on the top of the existing building. The Met Life Tower is also being converted into a hotel if I'm not mistaken. I've heard Credit Suisse's offices here are gorgeous, so a full blown conversion of all their buildings, assuming they move, into a hotel and condos would not be surprising.

Duck From NY Jun 5, 2013 5:57 AM

Hope they keep the original design. It's one of my very favorite proposals.

jd3189 Jun 14, 2013 7:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawford (Post 6151717)

That could be enough to bring the Metlife North Building to its complete height if there's enough air rights or demand. I'm just dreaming of more potential.

Pete8680 Oct 11, 2014 3:27 AM

This one i call "meh"

If it gets built good. If its not, lets all move on.