SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   NEW YORK | 111 W 57th St | 1,428 FT | 85 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198228)

TBone7281 Mar 16, 2017 10:16 AM

I haven't been following very closely... I knew it was going to stand out due to it's lack of girth, but I guess i didn't realize how nice the facade was going to be. Looking forward to seeing this. :cheers:

TonyNYC Mar 16, 2017 12:01 PM

NYguy;7741765]I wonder if this tower will eventually overtake 53W53 before that one tops out...



111 W 57th is closing in.. it's gonna be a race to 1050FT! Just an amazing time here in NYC .. seeing all these Supertalls racing to the sky all over the city!!

NYguy Mar 16, 2017 4:58 PM

^ It is an amazing time. Watching these two high quality towers alone go up together is more than we could ask for, but we've got others to go along with it. Truly the best time to be a skyscraper fan and watcher in NY.

NYguy Mar 22, 2017 2:35 AM

MARCH 21, 2017


1.
http://m2.i.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/...321_213729.jpg


2.
http://m3.i.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/...321_213828.jpg


3.
http://m4.i.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/...321_213857.jpg


4.
http://m5.i.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/...321_213918.jpg


5.
http://m6.i.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/...321_214003.jpg


6.
http://m7.i.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/...321_214028.jpg


7.
http://m8.i.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/...321_214052.jpg


8.
http://m9.i.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/...321_214121.jpg


9.

http://m0.i.pbase.com/o10/06/102706/...321_214154.jpg

streetscaper Mar 22, 2017 2:54 AM

Great update!

NYguy Mar 22, 2017 3:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetscaper (Post 7747623)
Great update!

We're officially in the fun stages, where progress is visible, and the higher it gets, the more people will pay attention to what's rising (in case that big rendering covering the building doesn't make it clear).

jsbrook Mar 22, 2017 6:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYguy (Post 7747638)
We're officially in the fun stages, where progress is visible, and the higher it gets, the more people will pay attention to what's rising (in case that big rendering covering the building doesn't make it clear).

Time for some cladding! Let's go!

mrnyc Mar 22, 2017 10:07 PM

its above its neighbors - soon even the general public will be not be able to help but to take notice. and when that amazing facade starts to go on we'll all be stunned!

NYguy Mar 23, 2017 3:21 AM

Yes, and of course the facade is what will knock it out of the park.

TowerDude Mar 24, 2017 2:32 AM

Are there any good renders of the Central Park facing side of this tower?

streetscaper Mar 24, 2017 2:51 AM

http://www.6sqft.com/wp-content/uplo...ent-WSP-41.jpg


https://imgs.6sqft.com/wp-content/up...ay-Tower-2.jpg

http://lobsintl.com/sites/default/fi...?itok=ILLrUbd9

excel Mar 24, 2017 4:15 AM

Couple renders:

https://static.dezeen.com/uploads/20...2-852x1150.jpg
https://static.dezeen.com/uploads/20...2-852x1150.jpg
https://static.dezeen.com/uploads/20...een_hero-1.jpg
https://static.dezeen.com/uploads/20...een_hero-1.jpg

:haha:

NYguy Mar 24, 2017 7:13 PM

Moved the Big Bend discussion to that thread as that's where the convo was headed.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=227460

jayden Mar 27, 2017 3:04 PM

What a stunner this will be.

NYguy Mar 27, 2017 3:22 PM

Also becoming more visible from the Top of the Rock...


Michele Haras

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2874/3...f0b8e0f1_k.jpg

jsbrook Mar 27, 2017 5:29 PM

I do not like the Big Bend (though I assume that's not representative of actual cladding given how early and speculative it is) or Zaha's tower. I think they both detract from this stunning building and Tower Verre.

NYguy Mar 27, 2017 6:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsbrook (Post 7753276)
I do not like the Big Bend (though I assume that's not representative of actual cladding given how early and speculative it is) or Zaha's tower. I think they both detract from this stunning building and Tower Verre.

The Big Bend isn't a real proposal. Nothing will detract from the Tower Verre. It is a stunning design in it's own right. The taller 111 W. 57th rising just to the north is also a stunning tower, but neither will detract from the other. Just more pieces to the stunning puzzle that is Midtown. When Steinway and Verre are completed, there will still be room for addition to the skyline, it won't be complete.

jsbrook Mar 27, 2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYguy (Post 7753346)
The Big Bend isn't a real proposal. Nothing will detract from the Tower Verre. It is a stunning design in it's own right. The taller 111 W. 57th rising just to the north is also a stunning tower, but neither will detract from the other. Just more pieces to the stunning puzzle that is Midtown. When Steinway and Verre are completed, there will still be room for addition to the skyline, it won't be complete.

I didn't mean detract in the sense that there's not room for other towers. Just that these ones are out-of-place and not attractive (in my eyes) and diminish the masterpieces that are 111 W. 57th and Tower Verre. But you are probably right, and the renders for both Big Bend and Zaha's tower probably are not what we'll actually get. Can't wait to see the cladding on 111 W. 57th. It's got to be close now!

NYguy Mar 28, 2017 2:46 PM

Not yet, but I wish this tower had some live cam action...


dasar



https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2903/3...2069b26a_h.jpg



https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3845/3...9cd112dd_h.jpg

streetscaper Mar 28, 2017 4:02 PM

Great finds! And I wish for that too!


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.