SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

Northparkwizard Mar 24, 2015 8:17 PM

^ That SLC setup is a much better way of doing it, however it might take awhile seeing as though the "Uptown Planners" & former chair Leo Wilson plan on suing over the bike lanes... :hell:

In other news, this just popped up on Ron Roberts' Twitter feed, at the least the Supervisor has ideas. Bay to Park Link? That's the first Hashtag ever used with that line.

http://i.imgur.com/Qf4FZJx.png

embora Mar 25, 2015 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottSD (Post 6960613)
These traffic barriers were delivered the other day to the Ballpark Village site. Could this mean site preparations are starting soon?! Hopefully.

The developer is going back to the Civic San Diego board tomorrow for an increase in quantity of units.

Here's a link to tomorrow's Civic San Diego Board agenda: http://www.civicsd.com/meetings-and-...d-meeting.html

LosAngelesDreamin Mar 25, 2015 1:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucsbgaucho (Post 6962888)
I'm surprised more cities aren't following in SLC's footsteps when it comes to bike lanes and parallel parking. The bike lane on the inside of the street is dangerous, and SLC is now switching them, having the bike lane on the far outside of the street against the curb, and cars parking inside that lane. That way, cars and bikes never have to "cross" each other when coming and going. Like this:
http://www.slcgov.com/sites/default/...squatters1.jpg

thats weak... What SD should be doing for bike lanes is to have it in the order of traffic lane for cars, parking, solid buffer like concrete, steel fence or bollards, and then the bike lane.... DTLA's 7th street improvement project is a perfect example of how protected bike lanes should be implemented... not just a painted line on the street

SDCAL Mar 25, 2015 4:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mello (Post 6961661)
Speaking of mature trees what was up with the city hacking the giant trees along embarcadero park and same type on Harbor Island way back to little nubs? They provided no shade for two hot summers and look like absolute crap! I don't understand San Diego's hard on for uber tree trimming and this was one of the most noticeable examples.

I agree, I've noticed this and not sure what the reasoning is but it's really frustrating.

Streamliner Mar 25, 2015 6:20 AM

Has anybody come across One Paseo petition supporters outside grocery stores yet? I've seen them in a few places.

However, I've also ran into a group which is asking if people want to withdraw their signatures. According to them, the anti-One Paseo people were not being completely open about the petition.

Leo the Dog Mar 25, 2015 3:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 6963841)
Has anybody come across One Paseo petition supporters outside grocery stores yet? I've seen them in a few places.

However, I've also ran into a group which is asking if people want to withdraw their signatures. According to them, the anti-One Paseo people were not being completely open about the petition.

KUSI reporting that the signatures will be turned in today. However there is a fight to have 24,000 dismissed.

Also, there is a fight to further "downsize" the project because it is the biggest mixed use project in all of California without mass-transit.

SDfan Mar 25, 2015 7:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by embora (Post 6963484)
The developer is going back to the Civic San Diego board tomorrow for an increase in quantity of units.

Here's a link to tomorrow's Civic San Diego Board agenda: http://www.civicsd.com/meetings-and-...d-meeting.html

Excellent. Did you notice the Post Office redevelopment proposal in the agenda? There are a couple rendering at the end of the pdf. Looks like a nice tower (396 units, 18 stories).

SDfan Mar 25, 2015 7:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo the Dog (Post 6964131)
KUSI reporting that the signatures will be turned in today. However there is a fight to have 24,000 dismissed.

Also, there is a fight to further "downsize" the project because it is the biggest mixed use project in all of California without mass-transit.

Crossing my fingers it gets thrown out.

SDCAL Mar 25, 2015 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDfan (Post 6964617)
Excellent. Did you notice the Post Office redevelopment proposal in the agenda? There are a couple rendering at the end of the pdf. Looks like a nice tower (396 units, 18 stories).

Had a look. The tower is pretty non-descript nothing too exciting but good height. I like the idea of a tower there with preservation of the post office. It really is a cool old building that has not been up kept very good. I like that they restore it and leave it in tact in the renderings. Would make a very nice grand lobby.

By the way, I've noticed they are doing refurbishing work to it now. Perhaps in anticipation of the project??

Northparkwizard Mar 26, 2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCAL (Post 6964997)
By the way, I've noticed they are doing refurbishing work to it now. Perhaps in anticipation of the project??

Gonna go out on a limb and say that they're going to have to remove some old hazardous materials from the post office.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end doing the same sort of thing with the old library building across the street.

Urbanize_It Mar 27, 2015 10:57 PM

Survey on possible Ballpark Village stadium, convention center or combination of both...Take a few minutes to let your stance be known.

http://bit.ly/sdccexpanded

chris08876 Mar 29, 2015 3:42 AM

Not sure if this has been posted in the past, but its a really nice aerial/panorama of San Diego.

Its large, but super nice. Be sure to scroll up and down as again, its extensive, but probably the best aerial I've seen of SD. ;)

Aerial/Panorama: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1065

Full Screen is a must! I'm not sure on the dating of this photo though? Maybe a San Diegan can help?

Urbanize_It Mar 29, 2015 6:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 6969309)
Not sure if this has been posted in the past, but its a really nice aerial/panorama of San Diego.

Its large, but super nice. Be sure to scroll up and down as again, its extensive, but probably the best aerial I've seen of SD. ;)

Aerial/Panorama: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1065

Full Screen is a must! I'm not sure on the dating of this photo though? Maybe a San Diegan can help?


Great pic. Looks to have been taken in late 2012 to early 2013. :tup:

HurricaneHugo Mar 29, 2015 7:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbanize_It (Post 6968006)
Survey on possible Ballpark Village stadium, convention center or combination of both...Take a few minutes to let your stance be known.

http://bit.ly/sdccexpanded

Tailgating at Petco Park?

That'd be pretty cool!

nezbn22 Mar 30, 2015 3:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbanize_It (Post 6969391)
Great pic. Looks to have been taken in late 2012 to early 2013. :tup:

Spot on with those dates...the Waterfront Park broke ground in the fall of 2012, and it looks like they had just started moving dirt in this pic.

S.DviaPhilly Mar 30, 2015 6:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 6969309)
Not sure if this has been posted in the past, but its a really nice aerial/panorama of San Diego.

Its large, but super nice. Be sure to scroll up and down as again, its extensive, but probably the best aerial I've seen of SD. ;)

Aerial/Panorama: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1065

Full Screen is a must! I'm not sure on the dating of this photo though? Maybe a San Diegan can help?

Such a great pic. Anyone else notice that on the bottom right corner of the pic, across from the New Central SD Library and the Thomas Jefferson School of Law, that the building on the corner of Park Blvd. and Island is also the same building on the corner of Park Blvd. and J St.?!?!? The corner of Park Blvd. and J St. is where the old Crossfit Gym was. It is a two story empty commercial building, not the building they show there. Super weird....and I wonder why and how the photographer did that?!?!?!

Leo the Dog Mar 30, 2015 7:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 6969309)
Not sure if this has been posted in the past, but its a really nice aerial/panorama of San Diego.

Its large, but super nice. Be sure to scroll up and down as again, its extensive, but probably the best aerial I've seen of SD. ;)

Aerial/Panorama: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1065

Full Screen is a must! I'm not sure on the dating of this photo though? Maybe a San Diegan can help?

Awesome find Chris! Doesn't get much better than this. Really shows the growth of the East Village.

SDCAL Mar 30, 2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbanize_It (Post 6968006)
Survey on possible Ballpark Village stadium, convention center or combination of both...Take a few minutes to let your stance be known.

http://bit.ly/sdccexpanded

I hate to be negative, but what's the point of this? The city task force already deemed mission valley the site they are looking at, and this appears to be a survey put out by the developer who wants to build it downtown. It's pretty biased towards the downtown location and I'm wondering if they are going to try and submit it to the city if they get enough signatures as "proof" people want a stadium downtown? Again, I'm just not sure it would really carry any weight.

SDfan Mar 31, 2015 1:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCAL (Post 6971310)
I hate to be negative, but what's the point of this? The city task force already deemed mission valley the site they are looking at, and this appears to be a survey put out by the developer who wants to build it downtown. It's pretty biased towards the downtown location and I'm wondering if they are going to try and submit it to the city if they get enough signatures as "proof" people want a stadium downtown? Again, I'm just not sure it would really carry any weight.

While I noticed the pro-downtown stadium slant, I filled out the survey to give my "hell no!" opinion anyways. It's biased, but let them know what you think. It's not binding to anything important.

Bertrice Mar 31, 2015 3:17 AM

Google maps just updated the satellite view. looks like its from december .
I noticed winter wonderland in petco


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.