SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   NEW YORK | 111 W 57th St | 1,428 FT | 85 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198228)

chris08876 Jun 11, 2015 8:19 PM

Developers need to learn that the bare minimum is not acceptable. Instead of putting a rendering made in paint, they build a high rise that is a rendering. Shvo could learn a thing or two. :haha: Example of how its suppose to be. 111 W 57th and Verre; art in the making.

JR Ewing Jun 12, 2015 1:25 AM

The chorus of anti-New Yorkers who declared this project dead dissipated quickly .

timpdx Jun 12, 2015 3:23 AM

I hope this goes, really do, but is there a way to ignore a user on this site anymore like the above user who is really getting tiresome and repetitive? Used to be an easy way to do it.

sbarn Jun 12, 2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR Ewing (Post 7059946)
The chorus of anti-New Yorkers who declared this project dead dissipated quickly .

How about you say this after its built.

JR Ewing Jun 12, 2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbarn (Post 7060287)
How about you say this after its built.

:haha: This is the Capital of the World, and it's the Age of Ramses.

Vertical_Gotham Jun 12, 2015 9:46 PM

@JDSDevelopmentGroup

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...e989f0fff5.jpg

hunser Jun 13, 2015 12:57 AM

^ I'm speechless. This is Gotham City!!

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/me.../340021196.png

JR Ewing Jun 13, 2015 1:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunser (Post 7061233)
^ I'm speechless. This is Gotham City!!

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/me.../340021196.png

I thought the same thing when I walked by tonight!

chris08876 Jun 13, 2015 1:02 AM

A future Batman movie needs to feature all of these supertalls. :slob:

JR Ewing Jun 13, 2015 1:15 AM

The Stairway to Heaven!!! :cheers::cheers:

Zapatan Jun 13, 2015 1:34 AM

Holy Moses that billboard is epic! That's how you advertise a skyscraper!

timpdx Jun 13, 2015 1:56 AM

Building size rendering = Excellent!

Nobody knows how to block douchebaggy users? Didn't it used to be that you clicked on the username you had the option. If I freakin' hear "age of Ramses" again I'm going to vomit.

chris08876 Jun 13, 2015 2:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timpdx (Post 7061274)
Building size rendering = Excellent!

Nobody knows how to block douchebaggy users? Didn't it used to be that you clicked on the username you had the option. If I freakin' hear "age of Ramses" again I'm going to vomit.

I just laughed so hard that my throat hurts. :haha:

Thank you for that. Well, if you do block him, your going to miss out on those great street updates that JR does. But that last sentence was just funny. :haha::haha:

At first, I had to look up that because I was like what age was that. I love JR's comments. Everyday I laugh. Funny fellow he is. :cheers:

Vertical_Gotham Jun 13, 2015 4:16 AM

Could this just end up being the most iconic skyscraper in NYC? It'll give the ESB a run for their money. :cheers:

chris08876 Jun 13, 2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham (Post 7061378)
Could this just end up being the most iconic skyscraper in NYC? It'll give the ESB a run for their money. :cheers:

I think so. It looks like it will exceed it. Not only is it almost as tall to the top of the pinnacle for the ESB, but it has a gothic element to it. It screams 1930's all over again, and this modern twist on a castle in the sky is just what we need.

This will go down as the creme de la creme of skyscrapers in the 21st Century. I haven't really seen anything that has wow'd me more than this. :D

JR Ewing Jun 13, 2015 2:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timpdx (Post 7061274)
Building size rendering = Excellent!

Nobody knows how to block douchebaggy users? Didn't it used to be that you clicked on the username you had the option. If I freakin' hear "age of Ramses" again I'm going to vomit.

Don't look at NY projects then, schmuck.

JR Ewing Jun 13, 2015 2:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 7061282)
I just laughed so hard that my throat hurts. :haha:

Thank you for that. Well, if you do block him, your going to miss out on those great street updates that JR does. But that last sentence was just funny. :haha::haha:

At first, I had to look up that because I was like what age was that. I love JR's comments. Everyday I laugh. Funny fellow he is. :cheers:

Cheers, Chris. This is the Age of Ramses in the Capital of the World!

CCs77 Jun 13, 2015 2:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 7061238)
A future Batman movie needs to feature all of these supertalls. :slob:

Well, actually don't. Because Batman is not set in New York, but in the fictional Gotham City. Obviously, Gotham City is modeled after New York, but is not New York, it is supposed to be a different city. It has a general image similar to New York, but they don't include the more iconic buildings and monuments, such as WTC, ESB or the Statue of Liberty and they give other icons to it instead. If these supertalls become iconic, they can't include them in a Batman movie, because it is Gotham City and not NY.

That said, the rendering do look like it was taken directly from a Batman movie.

CityGuy87 Jun 13, 2015 2:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCs77 (Post 7061570)
Well, actually don't. Because Batman is not set in New York, but in the fictional Gotham City. Obviously, Gotham City is modeled after New York, but is not New York, it is supposed to be a different city. It has a general image similar to New York, but they don't include the more iconic buildings and monuments, such as WTC, ESB or the Statue of Liberty and they give other icons to it instead. If these supertalls become iconic, they can't include them in a Batman movie, because it is Gotham City and not NY.

That said, the rendering do look like it was taken directly from a Batman movie.

Watch "The Dark Knight Rises" and you can clearly see that the Gotham City depicted in the film is essentially NYC because most of the skyline tracking shots show the Manhattan skyline and they don't really try to hide it despite some modifications but you can still make out some distinct landmarks such as the ESB, Chrysler Building, etc. and even 1 WTC under construction.

The New York Lion Jun 13, 2015 2:37 PM

This is a great design, but this isn't even the most iconic structure to be built in the Age of Ramses. That would be One World Trade.

I don't think any building ever will match the Empire State Building. That is THE skyscraper.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.