SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Projects & Construction Updates (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=455)
-   -   1826-1854 Oxford St W. Retail Plaza - York Dev (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232160)

jammer139 Feb 17, 2018 2:37 PM

1826-1854 Oxford St W. Retail Plaza - York Dev

Urban design brief for this retail plaza at Oxford and Westdel Bourne.

Tim Hortons and McDonalds to be tenants.

https://www.london.ca/business/Plann...2018-02-21.pdf

The River Bend area development continues yet no road planning progress.

The county was going to start an EA and planning for widening Glendon Dr. and the Thames river bridge thru to the 402. This major east-west road is already seeing major traffic growth and serious accidents. You can't wait until 2030 to start this. The County, City and Prov should be aiming to see shovels in the ground ASAP.

MrSlippery519 Feb 20, 2018 2:59 PM

Also a gas bar by the looks of it which is actually a much needed addition to the neighborhood given the Esso is rather small and difficult sometimes to get in out (and dated beyond belief)

I would agree as I have been in the past traffic is the major concern, Westdel is already terribly handled. There needs to be another North link over the water and something South to highway. The amount of development in the Riverbend area and west is quite large for the current road network.

Djeffery Feb 20, 2018 5:37 PM

Hopefully the gas price is still as cheap on that corner. I think the guy that runs the Petrocan in Komoka was a little mad at me a couple weeks ago. I filled up at that little Esso for about 1.11. Then I stopped at Timmy's in Komoka where Petro was about 1.23. I drove through the parking lot and told a couple people who were about to get gas and they were like "Hey, thanks man, I'm going that way anyway". lol

ssiguy Feb 20, 2018 7:49 PM

Is Riverbend in London or Middlesex Centre?

MrSlippery519 Feb 20, 2018 8:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssiguy (Post 8092247)
Is Riverbend in London or Middlesex Centre?

It's London, use the Thames as approximate North to West line for what is London and what is middlesex

manny_santos Feb 20, 2018 9:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 (Post 8092296)
It's London, use the Thames as approximate North to West line for what is London and what is middlesex

North of the river, it's Middlesex Centre. Any bridge over the Thames that extended beyond the current northern terminus of Westdel Bourne would have to have county input. I would be in favour of extending it north to Sunningdale Road, personally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 (Post 8091854)
Also a gas bar by the looks of it which is actually a much needed addition to the neighborhood given the Esso is rather small and difficult sometimes to get in out (and dated beyond belief)

The old Indy's Gas Bar, back when that was way out in the country. Hasn't really changed since the early 90s, except for the name change.

MrSlippery519 Feb 21, 2018 1:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manny_santos (Post 8092358)
North of the river, it's Middlesex Centre. Any bridge over the Thames that extended beyond the current northern terminus of Westdel Bourne would have to have county input. I would be in favour of extending it north to Sunningdale Road, personally.

The old Indy's Gas Bar, back when that was way out in the country. Hasn't really changed since the early 90s, except for the name change.

Extending Westdel Bourne north would make to much sense, I am not holding my breath.

I almost feel a south express route to the 401 is more important though. I live in Riverbend for reference, currently to get to the 401 it is generally fastest to go through Byron to Col Talbot and straight to 401 or directly to 401 depending on the direction. I sometimes go up Westdel past #2 and turn down Westminister which follows 402 then onto Col Talbot but it can be hell in bad weather.

I remember that gas bar as an Olco as well :cheers:

Djeffery Mar 18, 2018 6:43 PM

Heavy machinery is on site grading the property.

Djeffery Sep 20, 2018 7:13 PM

And 6 months later, heavy equipment is back on site. Looks like sewer work starting.

jammer139 Dec 14, 2018 10:33 PM

Building retaining walls along Oxford St side and a lane way entrance off Oxford.

Djeffery Feb 10, 2019 8:14 PM

Looks like the Tim Hortons foundation is in, and the hole is dug for the gas station store.

MrSlippery519 Feb 11, 2019 8:29 PM

^^^ that and looks like most of the retaining walls are in place

jammer139 Feb 15, 2019 11:54 PM

Steel beams for one of buildings now installed. Can't tell which store it will be yet.

Djeffery Feb 16, 2019 1:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammer139 (Post 8476128)
Steel beams for one of buildings now installed. Can't tell which store it will be yet.

Tim Hortons is the one I posted about the foundation being in last weekend, so that's probably the one. Middle of the block, according to the site plan posted last year

Djeffery Feb 17, 2019 4:26 PM

Drove by yesterday, and yes that it's the Tim's that has the steel work up. Unless the site plan is changed, but it does look like a Tim's. Foundation was also poured at the gas station.

MolsonExport Feb 21, 2019 5:00 AM

London is starving from a shortage of Tim Hortons. We only have about 500. We must have more!! Double-double the construction of these exquisite fine-dining establishments for the pickup truck driver on the go. This is culture!

https://media.winnipegfreepress.com/...NEP2492705.jpg

he checks off nearly all the boxes. Goatee. Likely balding under the cap. overweight. sallow skin. Likes trump. Porky GF/wife taking the photo.

GeneralLeeTPHLS Feb 21, 2019 6:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MolsonExport (Post 8481759)
London is starving from a shortage of Tim Hortons. We only have about 500. We must have more!! Double-double the construction of these exquisite fine-dining establishments for the pickup truck driver on the go. This is culture!

he checks off nearly all the boxes. Goatee. Likely balding under the cap. overweight. sallow skin. Likes trump. Porky GF/wife taking the photo.

This is why I love you Molson, your humour never goes unnoticed :ohyeah

jammer139 Mar 4, 2019 11:40 PM

Steel beams going in today for another building just west of the Tim's that is moving along fast. No sure whether this is the McDonald's or some other business.

Djeffery Mar 4, 2019 11:43 PM

According to the site plan they posted last year, a gas station is going to the west of Tim's and McDonalds is to the east.

jammer139 Mar 8, 2019 3:09 PM

Foundation concrete forming underway for building east of the Timmies on site. This may be the footings for the McDonalds.