SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

thenoflyzone Apr 27, 2019 1:15 AM

QR flights at YUL this summer:

YUL-DOH 4x weekly B77W
YUL-CDG daily A332 (begins June 15, wet lease by AC)
YUL-BCN daily A332 (begins June 15, wet lease by AC)
YUL-CMN daily B77W (begins June 21, operating on behalf of Royal Air Maroc)

LeftCoaster Apr 27, 2019 2:09 AM

Going to look like mini Doha at YUL!

hollywoodcory Apr 28, 2019 10:54 PM

Big day for WS. First TATL 787 flight goes out tonight YYC-LGW.

Also WS posted an update on its MAX8 schedule updates:
https://blog.westjet.com/guest-advis...update:twitter

-YHZ-CDG is suspended from June 3-August 2. (Poor YHZ first LHR now CDG)
-YEG-YOW suspended from June 3-July 3.
-YEG-YUL suspended from June 3-July 3.
-YYZ-YLW suspended from June 3-June 27.
-YVR-YQR suspended from June 3-July 3.

SpongeG Apr 29, 2019 3:56 AM

Air Canada drops Abbotsford-Toronto flight amid Boeing trouble
The daily non-stop flight will be suspended for the summer season, to return in 2020 summer season

ABBOTSFORD NEWS STAFF Apr. 27, 2019

Quote:

The change means the only non-stop flights Ontario from YXX until August are Swoop’s Hamilton flights (twice daily), and London flights (once daily).
https://www.abbynews.com/news/air-ca...oeing-trouble/

ghYHZ Apr 29, 2019 1:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 8555307)
Big day for WS. First TATL 787 flight goes out tonight YYC-LGW.

Also WS posted an update on its MAX8 schedule updates:
https://blog.westjet.com/guest-advis...update:twitter

-YHZ-CDG is suspended from June 3-August 2. (Poor YHZ first LHR now CDG)

TATL from Halifax had been shaping up to be a great summer…but now besides the previously cancelled MAX8s to LHR on Air Canada and KEF on Icelandair…..CDG flight is gone

WestJet will still serve DUB, LGW and GLA from Halifax this summer on ‘737-700s and Condor is here with ‘767s to Frankfort.

Guess there’s summer ’20 to look forward to or if the MAX8 issues get straightened out…..late summer or fall ’19!

SignalHillHiker Apr 29, 2019 11:24 PM

On Facebook a post is making the rounds of someone trying to get from St. John's to Paris at the end of May. WestJet routed them from St. John's to Halifax to Calgary with a 24-hour layover. That's about 9,250 km out of the way.

They could not possibly charge enough to cover that cost. They're losing money. Just put one fucking plane down in St. John's on its way across, Jesus. An hour of mainlander time for the landing isn't worth more than two days of ours no matter who they are.

thenoflyzone Apr 30, 2019 1:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker (Post 8556538)
On Facebook a post is making the rounds of someone trying to get from St. John's to Paris at the end of May. WestJet routed them from St. John's to Halifax to Calgary with a 24-hour layover. That's about 9,250 km out of the way.

They could not possibly charge enough to cover that cost. They're losing money. Just put one fucking plane down in St. John's on its way across, Jesus. An hour of mainlander time for the landing isn't worth more than two days of ours no matter who they are.

They actually are.

~2,061$ round trip. May 23-30

AC is charging you half that for YYT-YUL-CDG-YUL-YYT on the same dates.

SpongeG May 1, 2019 6:55 AM

nice

Video Link

p_xavier May 1, 2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpongeG (Post 8558203)
nice

Video Link

I came here to post this lol. I watched most of his clips. He's one of the few who does train rides which I like.

Glacier May 1, 2019 6:52 PM

How well do you know your airport trivia?

Take the Canadian airport trivia quiz to find out!

https://questioningthedata.survey.fm/canadian-airports

Gresto May 1, 2019 9:51 PM

Not well at all. I scored 36%, and it was almost all rank guesswork.

zahav May 2, 2019 5:53 AM

Damn that was a hard quiz! Definitely not for the average airport buff, it needed industry knowledge. 45% for me and I thought I was pretty well versed!

nname May 2, 2019 6:23 AM

91%... using the logic of "picking the least likely answer" when guessing :D


Pinus May 2, 2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glacier (Post 8558754)
How well do you know your airport trivia?

Take the Canadian airport trivia quiz to find out!

https://questioningthedata.survey.fm/canadian-airports

Why are all the measurements in feet?

Glacier May 2, 2019 4:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinus (Post 8559481)
Why are all the measurements in feet?

Airports are measured in feet. Aviation in general is that way.

Reecemartin May 2, 2019 6:37 PM

[Deleted]

SpongeG May 4, 2019 6:54 AM

westjet had a go around at yvr. I wonder why

starts at 2:56
Video Link

LeftCoaster May 6, 2019 10:31 PM

March YVR stats are out, pretty poor overall.

http://www.yvr.ca/-/media/yvr/docume...date.pdf?la=en

Feeling the effects of the MAX grounding in a big way.

Overall up 2.1% to 2,132,950
Domestic up 1.4% to 1,001,618
International up 2.7% to 1,131,332

International breakdown
Transborder up 3.2%
Asia Pacific up 2.6%
Europe down 1.7%
Misc intl up 3.5%

YTD overall up 3.0% to 6.0 million
YTD Domestic up 2.6% to 2.8 million
YTD Intl up 3.3% to 3.2 million

So all in all pretty poor numbers, but with a big asterisk in the max groundings. It will be interesting to see if other Canadian airports feel a similar slowdown or if this is just more slow growth from YVR.

thenoflyzone May 7, 2019 5:50 PM

Seems like TS will be starting YUL-New Orleans next winter. 2x weekly B738 service.

MSY was one of the largest unserved US markets from YUL.

153rd destination for YUL, if my count is correct.

8th international destination for MSY.

SpongeG May 7, 2019 8:55 PM

it's A380 season

Video Link


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.