SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

yyzer Sep 19, 2018 12:27 AM

ah, thenoflyzone.. always making little digs against YYZ.... you are so predictable... :yuck:

q12 Sep 19, 2018 1:01 AM

Canada's top 8 busiest airports by total passenger numbers current top 10 weekly frequency (3rd week of September) :

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/canada

https://image.ibb.co/daRPSK/f24.png

thenoflyzone Sep 19, 2018 3:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yyzer (Post 8319053)
ah, thenoflyzone.. always making little digs against YYZ.... you are so predictable... :yuck:

Just following through on my earlier comments about Brussels Airlines is all.

thenoflyzone Sep 19, 2018 3:52 PM

OAG released its annual list of top 50 International Megahubs, and Canada's 3 main hubs are on it, once again.

1. LHR
2. ORD
3. FRA
4. AMS
5. YYZ (same spot as last year)
6. LAX
7. ATL
8. SIN
9. CDG
10. CGK
..
27. YVR (26th in 2017)
..
44. YUL (43rd in 2017)

YYZ also gained one spot in the world's top 25 low cost international megahubs, up in 15th spot.

You can download the report for free if you sign up.

https://www.oag.com/megahubs-interna...3-29867dfb5fb8

I think I've said too many positive things about YYZ. Feels weird. I need to balance that with a bit of trash talk. Here goes......YYZ sucks !....

Canadian74 Sep 19, 2018 5:17 PM

YYZ ahead of CDG, SIN ........ unexpected but nice

SaskOttaLoo Sep 19, 2018 6:30 PM

DEN to YYC
 
Just was told by the Westjet staff that they've reduced their flights to 3 per week from 7. They didn't know if it was competition from Frontier & United, or another reason.

hollywoodcory Sep 19, 2018 9:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaskOttaLoo (Post 8319934)
Just was told by the Westjet staff that they've reduced their flights to 3 per week from 7. They didn't know if it was competition from Frontier & United, or another reason.

This reduction came out when they released their winter schedule last month. Its unclear if its just a winter cut or permanent. It preformed pretty good this summer.

I've been pleasantly surprised with how well F9 has held their own at YYC. Curious to see if it could mean more routes from them in the future or upped frequencies.

thenoflyzone Sep 20, 2018 2:17 AM

YUL august numbers are out.

Total passengers: 2,084,049 +5.8%

Domestic: 757,702 +2.6%
Transborder: 417,819 +4.3%
International: 908,528 +9.3%

YTD increase 6.7%

https://www.admtl.com/sites/default/...et_2018_EN.pdf

thenoflyzone Sep 20, 2018 1:34 PM

Sept 28, 2017, AC's last date for new long haul route annoucements for summer 2018.

If they are going to announce their new routes for summer 2019, the next 10 days is probably when it will happen.

WS should be announcing routes for S19 as well.

Let's see what happens.

DDP Sep 20, 2018 1:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8320880)
Sept 28, 2017, AC's last date for new long haul route annoucements for summer 2018.

If they are going to announce their new routes for summer 2019, the next 10 days is probably when it will happen.

WS should be announcing routes for S19 as well.

Let's see what happens.


Air Canada just went through a large growth period, don't expect much going forward. The wide bodys are all but delivered. Rouge cannot take on more plans and new orders for the a220 and 737 max are replacements for the 190's and a320s.

chris Sep 20, 2018 8:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDP (Post 8320891)
Air Canada just went through a large growth period, don't expect much going forward. The wide bodys are all but delivered. Rouge cannot take on more plans and new orders for the a220 and 737 max are replacements for the 190's and a320s.

AC does have some A330s coming online next year, as well as 2 remaining 789s to be delivered.

SpongeG Sep 21, 2018 9:20 PM

whiners

Passenger rights advocate launches complaint, calls Swoop's baggage fees 'deceptive'

Advocate is claiming new low-cost airline unlawfully charges baggage fees
The Canadian Press · Posted: Sep 21, 2018

https://i.cbc.ca/1.4713156.152943994...swoop-plan.jpg
Swoop is a low-cost airline with 'a la carte' service. (Shawn Benjamin/CBC)

An air passenger rights advocate has filed a regulatory complaint against Swoop Inc. claiming the new low-cost airline is unlawfully charging baggage fees.

In a complaint to the Canadian Transportation Agency, Gabor Lukacs says the commercial carrier is flouting Canadian law by failing to offer passengers a basic fare that includes a carry-on and a checked bag.

The Canada Transportation Act requires domestic airlines to offer a basic fare for travel within the country that has no restrictions with "reasonable baggage."

...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tive-1.4833062

isaidso Sep 21, 2018 11:11 PM

More newsworthy is that Swoop doesn't understand the Canada Transportation Act. Makes you wonder what else they don't know.

thenoflyzone Sep 21, 2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpongeG (Post 8322699)
whiners

Passenger rights advocate launches complaint, calls Swoop's baggage fees 'deceptive'

Advocate is claiming new low-cost airline unlawfully charges baggage fees
The Canadian Press · Posted: Sep 21, 2018

Swoop is a low-cost airline with 'a la carte' service. (Shawn Benjamin/CBC)

An air passenger rights advocate has filed a regulatory complaint against Swoop Inc. claiming the new low-cost airline is unlawfully charging baggage fees.

In a complaint to the Canadian Transportation Agency, Gabor Lukacs says the commercial carrier is flouting Canadian law by failing to offer passengers a basic fare that includes a carry-on and a checked bag.

The Canada Transportation Act requires domestic airlines to offer a basic fare for travel within the country that has no restrictions with "reasonable baggage."

...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tive-1.4833062

Whiner? Hardly.

Gabor Lukacs is a well known passenger rights advocate. If he takes on a case, it's because he's probably gonna win.

Canadian airlines know him very well and usually settle the case, because he's always right.

Cage Sep 22, 2018 3:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8322850)
Whiner? Hardly.

Gabor Lukacs is a well known passenger rights advocate. If he takes on a case, it's because he's probably gonna win.

Canadian airlines know him very well and usually settle the case, because he's always right.

In this case the CTA will have to rule on the use of the word “or” at the end of 55.1(a). The full definition of basic fare is:

Quote:

basic fare means

(a) the fare in the tariff of the holder of a domestic licence that has no restrictions and represents the lowest amount to be paid for one-way air transportation of an adult with reasonable baggage between two points in Canada, or

(b) where the licensee has more than one such fare between two points in Canada and the amount of any of those fares is dependent on the time of day or day of the week of travel, or both, the highest of those fares; (prix de base)
Swoop has more than one fare that is dependent on time of day or Day of week. The use of the “or” generally means only one of two clauses need be met for the definition to be true.

If both clauses must be met, or if the first clause must be met under all conditions, then “and” should replace “or” at the end of part A.

Since Lukacs has been doing lots of the air passenger rights cases his losses have mounted. He had to take the CTA to court to get intervenor status on a few cases because complainants are not allowed to have representation.

craneSpotter Sep 22, 2018 5:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaidso (Post 8322820)
More newsworthy is that Swoop doesn't understand the Canada Transportation Act. Makes you wonder what else they don't know.

I'm sure Westjet (& any name they operate under) fully understands the CTA.

cyeg66 Sep 22, 2018 9:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8322850)
Whiner? Hardly.

Gabor Lukacs is a well known passenger rights advocate. If he takes on a case, it's because he's probably gonna win.

Canadian airlines know him very well and usually settle the case, because he's always right.

Max Domi is the son of a Canadian hockey dad. If he gets to lace up the skates, it’s likely because he’s well known by his name.

The Montreal Canadians know him very well and acquired him, because they’re convinced he’s good.

kwoldtimer Sep 22, 2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cage (Post 8322984)
In this case the CTA will have to rule on the use of the word “or” at the end of 55.1(a). The full definition of basic fare is:



Swoop has more than one fare that is dependent on time of day or Day of week. The use of the “or” generally means only one of two clauses need be met for the definition to be true.

If both clauses must be met, or if the first clause must be met under all conditions, then “and” should replace “or” at the end of part A.

Since Lukacs has been doing lots of the air passenger rights cases his losses have mounted. He had to take the CTA to court to get intervenor status on a few cases because complainants are not allowed to have representation.

You can't read that "or" without also reading the "such fares" that follows. The complaint would seem to have a reasonable basis.

isaidso Sep 22, 2018 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8319685)
OAG released its annual list of top 50 International Megahubs, and Canada's 3 main hubs are on it, once again.

1. LHR
2. ORD
3. FRA
4. AMS
5. YYZ (same spot as last year)
6. LAX
7. ATL
8. SIN
9. CDG
10. CGK
..
27. YVR (26th in 2017)
..
44. YUL (43rd in 2017)

Do you have the top 50?

DDP Sep 22, 2018 4:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 8321433)
AC does have some A330s coming online next year, as well as 2 remaining 789s to be delivered.

They have 6 widebodys coming from now and end of 2019. 4 A330, 2 789's.

They have 6 widebodys leaving from now and end of 2019, all of them 767's. Not being transferred to Rouge, just leaving the fleet.

There widebody growth is done, unless they take on some leases, which right now they have not announced.

Narrow body will see some growth


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.