SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suburbs (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Flamborough (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149939)

fastcarsfreedom Apr 27, 2008 3:57 PM

At least things aren't turning personal here. I find linguistic elitists to be annoying--but since this is a public forum I tolerate them.

Since my entire argument was reduced to a comment about a turn-of-phrase, it clearly illustrates exactly how disinterested you are in actually discussing the issue at hand.

realcity Apr 28, 2008 1:05 PM

you got the hint??

it was already dead after all of my position statements re: Flamboro were ignored several posts ago.

fastcarsfreedom Apr 28, 2008 3:08 PM

So the thread 'dies' because you feel your 'position statements' were ignored? Interesting...

They chose to live in the middle of nowhere that's what they get.
I guess it's expensive to be an idiot

When this is the quality of your 'position statements' I think you can be fairly sure that most people will ignore them. I actually addressed this particular comment several times--otherwise all I read was something about lot sizes being too large (in a rural area)--Greenbelt will certainly help that, won't it? Your comments are hopelessly skewed by your biases and the opinions you've stated are beyond short-sighted. Having had the pleasure of reading some of your posts over in the "decorum" Thread I can see where you stand on the issue of civility.

markbarbera Apr 28, 2008 3:49 PM

sorry, I posted a comment in the wrong thread - moved it to its proper home.

beanmedic Apr 28, 2008 4:46 PM

edit: removed stupid joke

ihateittoo Apr 28, 2008 5:28 PM

gasp! are realcity and RTH the same person?!?

raisethehammer Apr 28, 2008 6:32 PM

Lol...no we aren't, but I admit to absolutely loving the line:

I guess it's expensive to be an idiot.

haha.

BCTed Apr 29, 2008 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihateittoo (Post 3515892)
gasp! are realcity and RTH the same person?!?

My suspicions have been confirmed.

BCTed Apr 29, 2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCTed (Post 3516892)
My suspicions have been confirmed.

So have mine.

fastcarsfreedom Apr 29, 2008 6:23 AM

Seriously RTH? I don't see the slightest humor in it. Frankly I would expect you to want better for this Forum--intended to be humourous or not (in fact, in context I believe it was meant to be deadly serious) it represents absolutely everything that is wrong with this Forum.

the dude Apr 29, 2008 8:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCTed (Post 3516893)
So have mine.

quoting yourself in typically bizarre fashion. sweet. you're the man...i mean men.

raisethehammer Apr 29, 2008 1:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastcarsfreedom (Post 3517570)

Seriously RTH? I don't see the slightest humor in it. Frankly I would expect you to want better for this Forum--intended to be humourous or not (in fact, in context I believe it was meant to be deadly serious) it represents absolutely everything that is wrong with this Forum.

Lol...I sure hope you're having a good laugh while writing stuff like that.
If not, I feel for you. Loosen up once in a while.

fastcarsfreedom Apr 30, 2008 6:53 AM

I have a sense of humor--rest assured and spare your pity of me--I was a Tigers fan in the Bobby Higginson era... In seriousness I merely call things as I see them--and I doubt you would find the humour in the statement if it was directed at your neighborhood or the people in it.

the dude Apr 30, 2008 10:51 AM

^ya, smith was useless but i'd have taken higginson on my team anyday.

raisethehammer Apr 30, 2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastcarsfreedom (Post 3520153)
I have a sense of humor--rest assured and spare your pity of me--I was a Tigers fan in the Bobby Higginson era... In seriousness I merely call things as I see them--and I doubt you would find the humour in the statement if it was directed at your neighborhood or the people in it.

ya, you're probably right. Living downtown, I don't ever get called names or get dirty looks. :yes:

And hey, Higginson wasn't that bad. But man, you're right. The Tigers stunk so long it's amazing.
I gotta come down and check that new ballpark. I'll be staying in Detroit for one night in June before flying to Mexico (they had cheapest flights anywhere in Southern Ontario by a MILE). Maybe I'll try to check out some places the evening before my flight.

coalminecanary Apr 30, 2008 2:04 PM

i miss tiger stadium and our traditional stop at white castle, getting served through a barrred window like an olde-west-style bank

realcity Apr 30, 2008 2:14 PM

another Letter to the Ed from a Flamboro resident complaining they don't have
- sidewalks
- busses
- streetlights
- fire fighters etc
appeared today in the SPec

I ask, If you wanted city amenities why did you chose to live in the 'country'. Low density sprawl can't afford to pay for these things.

raisethehammer Apr 30, 2008 3:47 PM

there's a fab letter in the Spec today telling Flambasterdas to basically take a hike or start looking after their own sick, homeless, criminals, parolees etc....

Jon Dalton Apr 30, 2008 5:21 PM

My co-worker from Flamborough has been involved in this. She claims that Flamborough was able to pay for its infrastructure on its own, with lower taxes, prior to amalgamation. It would be interesting to see how actual figures from the city budget compare to the insinuations of either side of this debate.

raisethehammer Apr 30, 2008 5:46 PM

there's no way. If Flambasterdas really generates only $40 million ANNUALLY, there's no way in heck they could afford to pay for their own infrastructure. Waterdown's roads alone would suck that up, not to mention massive snow clearing, potholes, hydro, sewer, underground, libraries, rec centres, town hall, police, fire, ambulance etc.....