SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

TGBinSD Jun 28, 2012 7:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lipani (Post 5749370)

i can't wait to see this beauty rise! it's going to be a great addition to the skyline. the base is amazing. :cheers:

psychotron Jun 28, 2012 8:11 PM

Great looking tower! Finally something different, some variety.

HurricaneHugo Jun 29, 2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lipani (Post 5749370)

Why can't they use some of the better pictures of it!

SDfan Jun 29, 2012 3:33 AM

Hope it gets built soon.

mello Jun 29, 2012 6:17 PM

Looks great, lets do this. Has anyone heard the status of BOSA's 1st Ave. and Island tower? I know he owns the parcel and the rendering was kind of Miami style with a twist... I guess he wants to take it one project at a time. I really think there is potential to market these condo high rises to Asian buyers similar to what Vancouver has done for decades. Rich guys from Shanghai, Hong Kong, Manila, etc.

We have the Japan flight coming on line in December next we need a Shanghai and Manila flight and we can begin to reach out to foreign investors similar to what Miami has been doing with Brazilian buyers coming in and snatching up units in their new condo towers.

Chapelo Jun 30, 2012 7:51 PM

Update on La Jolla Commons Tower 2:

Foundation work is proceeding, and two cranes are now on site. Foundation work is scheduled to continue into the fall, and structural steel installation will commence in December/January 2013.

There's also a live camera-feed of the site:

http://www.earthcam.com/client/hines/

spoonman Jul 1, 2012 5:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chapelo (Post 5752308)
Update on La Jolla Commons Tower 2:

Foundation work is proceeding, and two cranes are now on site. Foundation work is scheduled to continue into the fall, and structural steel installation will commence in December/January 2013.

There's also a live camera-feed of the site:

http://www.earthcam.com/client/hines/

Glad to see this going forward. From what I can tell, they may have left room to squeeze in a third tower on the site. The original plan was for 1 ofice, and 1 hotel/condo tower, but 2 office towers were built instead. IF the encomony improves, they may be able to go back to the drawing board and squeeze in the condo/hotel tower which was never built.

Chapelo Jul 1, 2012 9:38 PM

I know that the plot across from where the tower is being built is where the existing parking garage is being extended. Would that be on the far side of the site, closer to the 805?

spoonman Jul 3, 2012 1:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chapelo (Post 5753170)
I know that the plot across from where the tower is being built is where the existing parking garage is being extended. Would that be on the far side of the site, closer to the 805?

The leftover space should be at the corner of LaJolla Village and Judicial.

kpexpress Jul 6, 2012 9:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mello (Post 5751334)
Looks great, lets do this. Has anyone heard the status of BOSA's 1st Ave. and Island tower? I know he owns the parcel and the rendering was kind of Miami style with a twist... I guess he wants to take it one project at a time. I really think there is potential to market these condo high rises to Asian buyers similar to what Vancouver has done for decades. Rich guys from Shanghai, Hong Kong, Manila, etc.

We have the Japan flight coming on line in December next we need a Shanghai and Manila flight and we can begin to reach out to foreign investors similar to what Miami has been doing with Brazilian buyers coming in and snatching up units in their new condo towers.

That's all we need, more empty condo's owned by out-of-towners who come for a baseball game. We need families residing in our downtown neighborhoods!

mello Jul 7, 2012 6:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpexpress (Post 5758348)
That's all we need, more empty condo's owned by out-of-towners who come for a baseball game. We need families residing in our downtown neighborhoods!

Of course that would be better K but what is your plan to magically make 100k per year jobs blossom in Metro SD? If you haven't noticed companies here don't want to pay jack ish and Biotech isn't booming so... My point is we are languishing in mediocrity here and maybe some foreign investment would be a good thing.

If you have any ideas on how to jump start quality job growth here please let us know. Or if developers can build nice 1200 square foot units for families downtown for 300 to 400k and minimal homeowners fees that will work as well, but I don't see that happening either.

eburress Jul 7, 2012 4:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mello (Post 5758773)
If you have any ideas on how to jump start quality job growth here please let us know.

Build a new airport at Miramar. :)

HurricaneHugo Jul 7, 2012 7:07 PM

Screw downtown, move to Sherman Heights right next door and remodel an old house and raise my property's value. :cool:

HurricaneHugo Jul 7, 2012 7:13 PM

Also it looks like Grocery Outlet is almost ready to open

http://i.imgur.com/EMZBn.jpg

spoonman Jul 8, 2012 5:10 PM

Is anyone following the One Paseo development? This is a proposed multi-use development to create a walkable urban district in the Carmel Valley neighborhood. The residents complain about the height, density and traffic. That said, there is already considerable high-density ofice and hotels in the area, and this is right next to the 5 freeway.

http://onepaseo.com/

mello Jul 9, 2012 7:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 5759621)
Is anyone following the One Paseo development? This is a proposed multi-use development to create a walkable urban district in the Carmel Valley neighborhood. The residents complain about the height, density and traffic. That said, there is already considerable high-density ofice and hotels in the area, and this is right next to the 5 freeway.

http://onepaseo.com/

I'm all for One Paseo I think it would be great for that piece of land that is just sitting there awkwardly vacant. I can't believe it is still sitting there. The Height isn't a big deal because they will build the tower at the bottom the the sloping lot. You probably will barely be able to see it from the 5 or maybe not at all. Lets get er done.

Oh and whats up with the Old Police headquarters redo in to new restaurants... Any news on that?

kingchef Jul 10, 2012 10:29 PM

northbay, to get feet measurement, you will have to know the number of meters. 1 meter= approximately 3.36 ft. if the building were to be 500 meters, you would be seeing a building of approximately 1680 ft., that is an awfully tall building for san diego. consequently, i would think 500 ft might be correct, although, my visits to san diego suggest to me they're are several skyscrapers well over that range, and it wouldn't be very impressive in your skyline, which i think is quite attractive.. doesn't the cbd have a restriction on hts? kingchef

HurricaneHugo Jul 10, 2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingchef (Post 5761681)
northbay, to get feet measurement, you will have to know the number of meters. 1 meter= approximately 3.36 ft. if the building were to be 500 meters, you would be seeing a building of approximately 1680 ft., that is an awfully tall building for san diego. consequently, i would think 500 ft might be correct, although, my visits to san diego suggest to me they're are several skyscrapers well over that range, and it wouldn't be very impressive in your skyline, which i think is quite attractive.. doesn't the cbd have a restriction on hts? kingchef

Not sure who NB is but...

Downtown SD has a 500ft height limit and as such all our buildings are under 500ft. =(

Derek Jul 15, 2012 5:41 PM

Random observation...what's the difference between San Diego's airport and Las Vegas' airport? Las Vegas has 500'+ buildings in closer proximity to the runway than San Diego does. What gives?

Dale Jul 15, 2012 5:50 PM

San Diego pilots suck ?