SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (Nordstrom)| 1,550 FT | 131 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191095)

phoenixboi08 Jan 15, 2013 2:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYguy (Post 5973684)
I wonder what this could be a reference to...:shrug:

http://www.luxuryloft.com/blog/

NEW YORK NEW DEVELOPMENT: THE NEXT CHAPTER

January 12th, 2013

That other Extell building? (or did that render already get released?)
I really can't keep up anymore...

PittsburghPA Jan 15, 2013 9:52 PM

Any idea on when we'll start to see some renderings?

sbarn Jan 16, 2013 7:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycaddict (Post 5966478)
so just how bad is it that the building permit was denied? is it not that big of a deal?

It wasn't denied. It just hasn't been approved yet.

NYguy Jan 18, 2013 5:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbarn (Post 5975223)

Right, hopefully when they refile, there will be more details to follow.

Meanwhile, this permit approved today at least allows them to move forward...

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:

PROVIDE EXPLORATORY TEST PITS AS PER PLANS FILED, TO INVESTIGATE SUB-SURFACE CONDITIONS IN PREPARATION OF PROPOSED NEW BUILIDNG 121328205.

TechTalkGuy Jan 19, 2013 12:51 AM

:previous: That's great news, NYguy! :cheers:

NYCrules Jan 19, 2013 2:54 AM

Can anyone tell me if this building really gets built or it is just a kind of tantalisation???

-Filipe- Jan 19, 2013 2:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCrules (Post 5979302)
Can anyone tell me if this building really gets built or it is just a kind of tantalisation???

same developer as one57 lol preety sure its getting built ;)

NYCrules Jan 19, 2013 3:10 AM

thank god and all thanks to you too, if it's assure it's getting built, my heart shall cool down...

Onn Jan 19, 2013 4:05 AM

It has a very good chance of being built. Not only because the higher end residential market in New York is on fire, but the Nordstrom department store chain has already made a huge financial and space commitment here. Also One57 has done so well that I'm sure international buyers are still itching to get their hands on an even taller tower. Everyone just seems to love Extell chief Gary Barnett.

NYCrules Jan 21, 2013 1:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbarn (Post 5975223)

Out of curiosity!!!
What's that site preparation for if its construction hasn't been yet approved??
Could you please explain???

sbarn Jan 21, 2013 2:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCrules (Post 5981634)
Out of curiosity!!!

The DOB simply reviews the building's adherence to City's building code. This isn't like the public review process where there are political pressures such as demands to reduce the building's height. This is a review that all systems of the building are in accordance with the code. Given the size of the project, it will probably take some time for the plan examiners to fully review and understand the building. If everything is in accordance with the code, the project will be approved and construction can move forward. In the meantime, it will remain "disapproved".

NYguy Jan 21, 2013 3:51 PM

^ That's correct.

Quote:

What's that site preparation for if its construction hasn't been yet approved?? Could you please explain???

It's just a formality. All building work, whether new, alteration, or demo, requires a building permit. The buildings department has to certify that everything is in order before you are granted a permit. If it is denied, that means something was not in order. Doesn't mean you can't do the work, it means you can't do the work until you get the permit. The DOB also has the power to shut sites down, even if you have your building permit, if rules are not being followed or until things are put in order. The One57 site still has a partial stop work order. Building plans are often revised, and new permits reflect changes.

Site preparation on new buildings begins regardless because its only a matter of when you get the permit, not if.

Crawford Jan 21, 2013 7:48 PM

Quote:

Out of curiosity!!!

The building is as of right. There are no special approvals needed. All they need is DOB to sign off on the construction documents.

They can start site preparation whenever they would like. Given that Nordstrom needs to be open in five years, and the buildout of that store will take some time following construction completion, they will likely get going soon.

NYguy Jan 21, 2013 7:52 PM

This will be underway shortly. I only wish Extell would get webcams installed like 432 Park so we could savor every minute, from excavation to construction. It wouldn't hurt to have some idea of the design either.

NYCrules Jan 22, 2013 1:37 AM

Oh! I see guys...
And why is the delay regarding the approval so imminent yet?
Any idea on when we first hear of the approval?

Crawford Jan 22, 2013 2:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCrules (Post 5982594)
Oh! I see guys...
And why is the delay regarding the approval so imminent yet?
Any idea on when we first hear of the approval?

Again, there is no "approval". This is as-of-right. If you're talking about DOB sign-off, that's a bureaucratic procedure.

You can watch the thread for updates.

babybackribs2314 Jan 22, 2013 4:09 PM

No demolition yet. Pics from yesterday.

225 West 57th Street January 2013 Construction Update

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gGqpC96bDp...121_141804.jpg

NYCrules Jan 23, 2013 12:48 AM

How many buildings actually needed demolition?

khaizer007 Jan 23, 2013 5:37 AM

2 buildings needs to be demolished for this project, one is already gone, the one left is the one with the netting.
As far as the last building being demolished, the "Morton Supermaket" vacated a little over a month ago. I'm no expert but from what i've seen from most building being demolished, they start by ripping apart the interior before tearing out the exterior; that could explain the lack of visible work on that building... just speculating here.

NYCrules Jan 23, 2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaizer007 (Post 5984144)
2 buildings needs to be demolished for this project, one is already gone, the one left is the one with the netting.
As far as the last building being demolished, the "Morton Supermaket" vacated a little over a month ago. I'm no expert but from what i've seen from most building being demolished, they start by ripping apart the interior before tearing out the exterior; that could explain the lack of visible work on that building... just speculating here.

Holy shit!!!
Just 2 buildings? I was assuming some 4 buildings gonna get demolished.
So this time again one more skinny building (like 432 Park) or it is gonna enclose at least the footprint area of One WTC???