SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

Dominion301 Aug 18, 2021 3:26 PM

Here's YOW's July pax stats.

Sector / Jul-20 / Jul-21 / % Change
Dom: 42,675 / 116,171 / +172.2% - for context Jan-May was 117,426
TB: 0 / 0 / #DIV/0!
Int'l: 0 / 0 / #DIV/0!
TTL: 42,675 / 116,171 / +172.2%

Sector / YTD 2020 / YTD 2021 / % Change
Dom: 815,802 / 278,434 / -65.9%
TB: 163,093 / 0 / -100.0%
Int'l: 168,382 / 0 / -100.0%
TTL: 1,147,277 / 278,434 / -75.7%

If July's upward trend holds, YOW might end 2020 over 1 million pax. Will need to avg ~144.3k pax monthly the rest of the year. That should be easily reached in August with an average of 30 departures/day now. Should continue to increase with Porter returning in September, transborder service in October and international sun routes in November/December.

12 Months Rolling / % Change vs Year End 2019
Dom: 494,669 / -87.6%
TB: 0 / -100.0%
Int'l: 0 / -100.0%
TTL: 494,669 / -90.3%

The meaningful indicator these days
Month-Over-Month Change
Sector / Jun-21 / Jul-21 / % Change
Dom: 44,837 / 116,171 / +159.1%
TB: 0 / 0 / #DIV/0!
Int'l: 0 / 0 / #DIV/0!
TTL: 44,837 / 116,171 / +159.1%
Avg/Day: 1,495 / 3,747 / +150.7%

Airboy Aug 18, 2021 3:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac888yow (Post 9368172)
Terrible circumstances brought an interesting visitor to YOW. Air Senegal A330-900 “neo”.

Quoting from YOW forum:

Refugees are going into Pierson.

Apparently about a 1000 so far. This will be steady according to the Gov until NATO shuts down operations.

Dominion301 Aug 18, 2021 4:00 PM

YXE July

https://www.cjwwradio.com/2021/08/17/127934/

Quote:

Saskatoon Airport Authority spokesperson, CJ Duchinski says there was a fair increase from June to July.
In July there were about 50,000 people arriving and departing from the airport.
For the year, the airport passenger numbers are down about 63 per cent.

Nicko999 Aug 19, 2021 3:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominion301 (Post 9368980)
If July's upward trend holds, YOW might end 2020 over 1 million pax. Will need to avg ~144.3k pax monthly the rest of the year. That should be easily reached in August with an average of 30 departures/day now. Should continue to increase with Porter returning in September, transborder service in October and international sun routes in November/December.

The stat that matters the most to me this year is yearly PAX numbers being higher than 2020.

That would be very telling about how far along cities and regions are in their recovery.

Dominion301 Aug 19, 2021 3:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 9369827)
The stat that matters the most to me this year is yearly PAX numbers being higher than 2020.

That would be very telling about how far along cities and regions are in their recovery.

I think most airports in Canada will end 2021 below 2020 as January, February and the first 1/2 of March 2020 were 'normal' months. Take YOW for example. It would have to average 244,000 pax per month in the final 5 months of the year to finish at the same pax count as 2020. That's probably not realistic given that YOW only surpassed 100,000 pax in a month for the first time since March 2020 in July. While I expect August at YOW could flirt with 200,000 pax, even with Porter coming back in September, UA in October and international sun flights in November, I just can't see 244,000/month happening. The same would be true for YUL and YYZ, just proportionally higher.

Dominion301 Aug 19, 2021 5:49 PM

There was a small plane crash at YQT on Monday evening. The pilot, the lone occupant, perished.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...osed-1.6143338

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...rash-1.6145508

Quote:

Details about what caused the crash, which left one person dead, are still largely unknown.

The Rockwell Commander 90, owned by MAG Aerospace, was headed for routine maintenance at its base in Dryden, Ont., after a day of flying as part of the province's firefighting response.

The TSB previously said the plane returned to the airport shortly after takeoff, and then crashed into the runway shortly after 9:00 p.m.

A statement from MAG Aerospace said they are withholding the name of the pilot, the sole occupant in the plane, to respect the next of kin notification process.

Nicko999 Aug 19, 2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominion301 (Post 9370231)
I think most airports in Canada will end 2021 below 2020 as January, February and the first 1/2 of March 2020 were 'normal' months. Take YOW for example. It would have to average 244,000 pax per month in the final 5 months of the year to finish at the same pax count as 2020. That's probably not realistic given that YOW only surpassed 100,000 pax in a month for the first time since March 2020 in July. While I expect August at YOW could flirt with 200,000 pax, even with Porter coming back in September, UA in October and international sun flights in November, I just can't see 244,000/month happening. The same would be true for YUL and YYZ, just proportionally higher.

I also expect the next few months to be stronger with international passengers allowed next month.

While 2020 had 2 1/2 normal months, 2021 should finish with the strongest months post March 2020.

nname Aug 22, 2021 5:53 PM

For S22, AC plan to change routing for MXP service, effective May 22

Current:
AC 894 YYZ-MXP, 4x weekly

New:
AC 894 YYZ-YUL-MXP, 5x weekly 330


I thought AC no longer do one-stop services?

hollywoodcory Aug 22, 2021 7:37 PM

WS appears to be planning to resume YYC-SNA this winter with up to 2-3x weekly service. Currently only filed in the OAG, and not bookable.

Calfan12 Aug 22, 2021 10:06 PM

It currently looks like Air Canada plans to use the Boeing 777 between Calgary and Frankfurt Germany (again) starting end of March 2022 for next years Spring/Summer season.

Calfan12 Aug 22, 2021 11:15 PM

It currently looks like WestJet planning to resume (seasonal) Winnipeg to Phoenix Sky Harbor, US flights 2x weekly Mondays and Fridays starting November 1.While Swoop Airlines (seasonal) Winnipeg - Phoenix Mesa is 1x weekly in November on Mondays and 2x weekly starting December 10 operating Mondays and Fridays too. It operates to end of April.

Winnipeg - Las Vegas,US flights on WestJet resumes November 4 operating 2x weekly Sundays and Thursdays.

*Although it’s subject to change*.

Calfan12 Aug 23, 2021 1:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nname (Post 9373164)
For S22, AC plan to change routing for MXP service, effective May 22

Current:
AC 894 YYZ-MXP, 4x weekly

New:
AC 894 YYZ-YUL-MXP, 5x weekly 330


I thought AC no longer do one-stop services?

Yes,it’s becoming a trend for Airlines ✈️ to combine alot flight routes together more and more theses days! With the pandemic and travel demand still isn’t the greatest, not too surprising. Example:since Winter 2020 KLM 679 Amsterdam,Netherlands - Edmonton,Canada flights are combined (with a stopover in Calgary 1st).

nname Aug 23, 2021 2:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfan12 (Post 9373499)
Yes,it’s becoming a trend for Airlines ✈️ to combine alot flight routes together more and more theses days! With the pandemic and travel demand still isn’t the greatest, not too surprising. Example:since Winter 2020 KLM 679 Amsterdam,Netherlands - Edmonton,Canada flights are combined (with a stopover in Calgary 1st).

AC didn't operate YUL-MXP pre-pandemic though. Maybe it's a way to get more passengers for the MXP flight, as they were already scaling it down two summers ago.

On the other hand, AC just recently got rid of the YYZ tags on YYZ-YVR-SYD, YYZ-YYC-NRT, and YYZ-YUL-GVA...

Calfan12 Aug 23, 2021 4:46 AM

September 7 British Airways resumes London UK and Vancouver flights. From Sept 7-25 there will be 2 daily flights BA 84/85 and 86/87 using the Boeing 777 and it now looks like BA has pushed back the A350-1000 for Vancouver to March 2022.

It’s also the same day Air Canada resumes AC 850/851 3x weekly flights ✈️ between Calgary and London,UK from Western Canada too!

Calfan12 Aug 23, 2021 9:26 AM

Looks like WestJet has extended Calgary-San Francisco,US to year round now? Originally it was Spring/Summer seasonal flights✈️.

This Winter they’re keeping it around operating Sundays and Thursdays only.

thenoflyzone Aug 23, 2021 1:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nname (Post 9373164)
For S22, AC plan to change routing for MXP service, effective May 22

Current:
AC 894 YYZ-MXP, 4x weekly

New:
AC 894 YYZ-YUL-MXP, 5x weekly 330


I thought AC no longer do one-stop services?

Interesting development.

MXP is a business destination. AC was banking on that when they started YYZ-MXP back in 2014. It was initially supposed to operate year round, but the route struggled during the winter (suggesting lack of support from the business community), and became summer seasonal only. Year round service was reinstated in 2018 i believe.

Now that business traffic has all but disappeared, maybe this is AC's way to try and draw on whatever leisure traffic there is from both YYZ and YUL to make the route work. If there is decent cargo demand on the route, helping make ends meet, it might be a good strategy. And, yes, AC was indeed moving away from one-stop services. That being said, if a route is struggling, I guess all options are on the table before canceling it outright. I'll try and find out more about this from my contacts.

thenoflyzone Aug 23, 2021 1:34 PM

^ So after further digging, it's basically what I said.

Milan struggles in winter. With the YYZ-YUL combo, this is AC's attempt at making the route work year round. YYZ-MXP wasn't capturing the business traffic that originated in YUL, because of the backtrack. This routing might help with that. If it doesn't work, they'll go back to summer seasonal YYZ-MXP.

hehehe Aug 23, 2021 4:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nname (Post 9373519)
AC didn't operate YUL-MXP pre-pandemic though. Maybe it's a way to get more passengers for the MXP flight, as they were already scaling it down two summers ago.

On the other hand, AC just recently got rid of the YYZ tags on YYZ-YVR-SYD, YYZ-YYC-NRT, and YYZ-YUL-GVA...

Speaking of, remember when AC flew some sort of EZE-SCL or EZE-GRU fifth freedom route? I think they dropped EZE now. I guess another example.

thenoflyzone Aug 23, 2021 4:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hehehe (Post 9373885)
Speaking of, remember when AC flew some sort of EZE-SCL or EZE-GRY fifth freedom route? I think they dropped EZE now. I guess another example.

That was done on purpose, as EZE is a lower yielding destination compared to SCL and GRU.

They tried the non stop to EZE a few years back but quickly brought back the tag-on service. Yields were garbage on the non stop.

Dominion301 Aug 23, 2021 6:33 PM

Flair have re-added BUR to the route map and added YEG to the list of transborder gateways with service to BUR (in addition to YVR), LAS, AZA and PSP.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8128669/e...-flair-routes/

Dominion301 Aug 23, 2021 6:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfan12 (Post 9373616)
Looks like WestJet has extended Calgary-San Francisco,US to year round now? Originally it was Spring/Summer seasonal flights✈️.

This Winter they’re keeping it around operating Sundays and Thursdays only.

They have indeed, along with SNA-YYC coming back: https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...880156438.html

Dominion301 Aug 23, 2021 6:49 PM

A York Region Police drone struck a Cessna (172?) on approach to Buttonville earlier this month damaging the Cessna.

https://www.cp24.com/news/plane-dama...nada-1.5554610

Quote:

A few hours after the incident, police confirmed that a YRP drone had struck the aircraft, according to the report.

The drone was part of a YRP operation in Richmond Hill.

NAV Canada, the country’s air navigation service provider, had not been notified about the YRP drone, Transport Canada said.
Even the police can't follow Transport Canada's drone operation regulations.

Dominion301 Aug 23, 2021 7:00 PM

Disregard the politics in this article, but here's a peek at the Liberal and Conservative AC Jetz decal jobs:

https://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.5..._620/image.jpg

https://www.cp24.com/news/liberals-h...ests-1.5558077

Not surprising that AC hasn't yet painted any of the Jetz 319 fleet into the new livery.

hollywoodcory Aug 23, 2021 7:49 PM

Air Canada has basically given up in YYC extending the Transborder cuts through November. Are they really only going to serve PHX and Hawaii this winter?

Meanwhile at WS, they’ll have up to 60 weekly flights to the US by October, possibly going over 70 by November.

Ironically AC and WS will virtually the same amount of Europe service come September.

hehehe Aug 23, 2021 8:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 9374220)
Air Canada has basically given up in YYC extending the Transborder cuts through November. Are they really only going to serve PHX and Hawaii this winter?

Meanwhile at WS, they’ll have up to 60 weekly flights to the US by October, possibly going over 70 by November.

Ironically AC and WS will virtually the same amount of Europe service come September.

Looks like there's a very real possibility that WS at YYC goes back to normal by January.

Calfan12 Aug 24, 2021 5:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hehehe (Post 9374303)
Looks like there's a very real possibility that WS at YYC goes back to normal by January.

Good news for Calgary,Canada as WestJet flights ✈️ helps Alberta tourism sector and economy alot usually!

Calfan12 Aug 24, 2021 6:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 9374220)
Air Canada has basically given up in YYC extending the Transborder cuts through November. Are they really only going to serve PHX and Hawaii this winter?

Meanwhile at WS, they’ll have up to 60 weekly flights to the US by October, possibly going over 70 by November.

Ironically AC and WS will virtually the same amount of Europe service come September.

Not too surprising, as Air Canada US/International flights ✈️ Passengers demand is mainly Vancouver,Toronto and Montreal. AC Calgary-Europe must be more profitable for them over the US,currently.

Also WestJet is adding more US flights from their Calgary Hub in Alberta is not too surprisingly either,as recently a Calgary Herald news article mention that they plan to resume more destinations from Calgary faster 1st compared to other cities in Canada.

https://calgaryherald.com/business/v...hin-six-months

Calfan12 Aug 24, 2021 6:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominion301 (Post 9374092)
They have indeed, along with SNA-YYC coming back: https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...880156438.html

Great! Also the Simpleflying news article mentions WestJet’s plans for California this upcoming winter too.

https://simpleflying.com/westjet-california-return/

Calfan12 Aug 24, 2021 8:11 AM

Anything past mid October 2021 is likely to change for WestJet schedule wise.

Also a good example of it Air Canada has now pushed back the resume dates to most US nonstop flights out of Calgary Airport (YYC). The only 1 AC still operating currently for Alberta is between YYC and Phoenix.

Calfan12 Aug 24, 2021 8:18 AM

United Airlines (UA) has now pushed back the Edmonton to Denver and Houston US,flights✈️ to February 2022.

Calfan12 Aug 24, 2021 6:53 PM

Hawaii has now asked tourists to stay home (if)their trips are Non Essential - won’t be surprising if AC and WestJet will cut back on Hawaii,USflights ✈️this winter too!

https://globalnews.ca/news/8136003/c...-travel-risky/

Dominion301 Aug 25, 2021 2:15 AM

YYZ has introduced an online shopping portal for anyone in Ontario called The Shops at Pearson: https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...835848515.html

Dominion301 Aug 25, 2021 2:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfan12 (Post 9374877)
United Airlines (UA) has now pushed back the Edmonton to Denver and Houston US,flights✈️ to February 2022.

For now, UA are now showing YOW-IAD as returning on 31OCT21. This is about 3 weeks later than earlier planned with 1x CRJ. YOW-ORD is now pushed back from late October to 16DEC21 showing 3x CRJ from the get-go...seems a little far-fetched to be starting at 3x. YOW-IAD also shows as suddenly jumping to 3x on 16DEC21 (and from 1x CRJ to 1x ERJ & 2x E70 no less), which seems to indicate the schedule is only non-dummy to 15DEC21.

Dominion301 Aug 25, 2021 4:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominion301 (Post 9374106)
A York Region Police drone struck a Cessna (172?) on approach to Buttonville earlier this month damaging the Cessna.

https://www.cp24.com/news/plane-dama...nada-1.5554610

Even the police can't follow Transport Canada's drone operation regulations.

This article has a pic of the damage to the Cessna: https://skiesmag.com/news/police-dro...trike-airport/

https://assets.skiesmag.com/wp-conte...one-aug-20.jpg

Calfan12 Aug 25, 2021 6:06 PM

It looks like KLM 2x weekly flights ✈️between Edmonton and Amsterdam Netherlands circle routing with Calgary YYC ,has been extended to End of March 2022 for this upcoming Winter season too.1 of is reversed going AMS-YEG-YYC-AMS on KLM 673 operates Saturdays starting Dec.11. While the KLM 679 AMS-YYC-YEG-AMS remains the same operating Thursdays.

hollywoodcory Aug 26, 2021 5:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominion301 (Post 9375818)
For now, UA are now showing YOW-IAD as returning on 31OCT21. This is about 3 weeks later than earlier planned with 1x CRJ. YOW-ORD is now pushed back from late October to 16DEC21 showing 3x CRJ from the get-go...seems a little far-fetched to be starting at 3x. YOW-IAD also shows as suddenly jumping to 3x on 16DEC21 (and from 1x CRJ to 1x ERJ & 2x E70 no less), which seems to indicate the schedule is only non-dummy to 15DEC21.

UA's schedule has only been modified until mid-December. For YYC it shows SFO / ORD and IAH resuming December 16th at 2-3x daily. I assuming they're holding off updating the Christmas break schedule until closer to, to see what demand is like.

Dominion301 Aug 26, 2021 7:33 PM

Saskatchewan pax numbers: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...41#post9376241

Quote:

Saskatoon saw 463,531 passengers in 2020, a decrease from 1,482,538 a year prior.

“For us locally, at the worst of the pandemic, we did see a 98 per cent decrease in passenger traffic at around April 2020, and we never really recovered after that since we finished the year about 69 per cent down from what we would have seen compared to 2019,” Dushinski explained.

As for Regina, there were 363,409 total passengers last year compared to 1,168,390 in 2019.

Calfan12 Aug 26, 2021 9:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominion301 (Post 9377732)

Not too surprising that Saskatoon and Regina,Saskatchewan Canada airport’s passenger numbers dropped, due to the Pandemic. All Airport’s had a drop in passenger traffic too around the World in 2020!

Calfan12 Aug 26, 2021 9:58 PM

From January- June 2021 in Western Canada, Calgary International Airport YYC handled a total of 1,387,968 passengers and were a little more busier than Vancouver. https://www.yyc.com/Portals/0/MEDIA/...r_paxtotal.pdf

While Vancouver International Airport handled a total of 1,339,069 from January-June https://www.yvr.ca/-/media/yvr/docum...passengers.pdf

thenoflyzone Aug 26, 2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominion301 (Post 9377732)

Could you correct your source pls. I"ll use it on wiki. I had the -69% from the YXE 2020 annual report, but didn't have the exact pax count.

youngregina Aug 26, 2021 11:37 PM

Does that make Calgary the second busiest airport in Canada for 2021 so far? Or is Montreal currently ahead of Calgary?

thenoflyzone Aug 26, 2021 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfan12 (Post 9377936)
From January- June 2021 in Western Canada, Calgary International Airport YYC handled a total of 1,387,968 passengers and were a little more busier than Vancouver. https://www.yyc.com/Portals/0/MEDIA/...r_paxtotal.pdf

While Vancouver International Airport handled a total of 1,339,069 from January-June https://www.yvr.ca/-/media/yvr/docum...passengers.pdf

Lack of US, Asian - especially to China - and Australian flights are really hurting YVR's numbers.

As for YYC, their domestic hub strength is evident. Over 90% of their passenger count is domestic. Which means they are more shielded compared to YVR or YUL when international borders close. Hence explaining the easy overtake of both.

Will be interesting to see if YYC can hold this lead and take 2nd place at the end of 2021. I don't think it will. With international flights opening up, YVR should overtake fairly quickly. YUL as well, but might take more time.

2021 will likely finish with the same ranking as 2020 : YYZ in first, YVR second, YYC third and YUL fourth. 2022 should see YUL back in third, if we don’t get a 5th, 6th and 7th wave of this fucking virus that is.

Impressive stuff by YYC nevertheless ! :cheers:

thenoflyzone Aug 26, 2021 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngregina (Post 9378089)
Does that make Calgary the second busiest airport in Canada for 2021 so far? Or is Montreal currently ahead of Calgary?

Yes it does, for now.
YUL, with 911,817 passengers January to June, is well below YYC's and YVR's overall numbers, but well above both in terms of international passengers. Like I said above, with international borders opening up, YVR should be able to overtake YYC soon enough. YUL might take some time to catch up to YYC's overall numbers as well, but it should happen eventually, once all is right with the world.......;)

International passenger numbers January-June 2021:

YUL: 413,625
YVR: 271,025
YYC: 128,384

SpongeG Aug 27, 2021 5:17 AM

not sure how this will affect Canada, they do fly to Toronto, but surprising to see them shut down.

Alitalia Is Shutting Down With All Future Flights Canceled Starting October 15

https://www.afar.com/magazine/alital...-on-october-15

rbt Aug 27, 2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpongeG (Post 9378382)
not sure how this will affect Canada, they do fly to Toronto, but surprising to see them shut down.

Alitalia Is Shutting Down With All Future Flights Canceled Starting October 15

It's not that surprising. They were shopping for a buyer a couple years before the pandemic began, and had losses for most of the decade prior to that point. The Italian government taking ownership was meant to be a stop-gap to allow purchase negotiations to continue but Alitalia doesn't have much worth buying.

Lots of passengers but they weren't able to compete with discount airlines HQ'd in other parts of Europe. Lufthansa, Air France, and Easyjet can comfortably take-over Alitalia routes/traffic without needing to buy the airline itself.

Alexcaban Aug 27, 2021 1:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpongeG (Post 9378382)
not sure how this will affect Canada, they do fly to Toronto, but surprising to see them shut down.

Alitalia Is Shutting Down With All Future Flights Canceled Starting October 15

https://www.afar.com/magazine/alital...-on-october-15

Not surprising at all. They’ve been a mess for years.

Dominion301 Aug 27, 2021 3:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 9378067)
Could you correct your source pls. I"ll use it on wiki. I had the -69% from the YXE 2020 annual report, but didn't have the exact pax count.

Oops. Here you go: https://globalnews.ca/news/8140813/s...enger-traffic/

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 9378100)
Yes it does, for now.
YUL, with 911,817 passengers January to June, is well below YYC's and YVR's overall numbers, but well above both in terms of international passengers. Like I said above, with international borders opening up, YVR should be able to overtake YYC soon enough. YUL might take some time to catch up to YYC's overall numbers as well, but it should happen eventually, once all is right with the world.......;)

International passenger numbers January-June 2021:

YUL: 413,625
YVR: 271,025
YYC: 128,384

I think that means YYC is definitely 2nd busiest as here is to June for YYZ that I posted a couple of weeks ago:

Three months / Six months (in millions)

Sector/ 2021 Q2 / 2020 Q2 / # Change / % Change / 2021 YTD / 2020 YTD / # Change / % Change
Domestic / 0.6 / 0.3 / 0.3 / +93.8% / 1.2 / 3.5 / (2.3) / (65.3%)
International / 0.4 / 0.2 / 0.2 / +93.9% / 0.9 / 6.6 / (5.7) / (86.4%)
Total / 1.0 / 0.5 / 0.5 / +93.8% / 2.1 / 10.1 / (12.2) / (79.1%)

That's only about 800k behind YYZ.

thenoflyzone Aug 28, 2021 10:05 PM

Canada puts a ban on flights from Morocco, same way it did for flights from India back in April. Ban starts midnight tonight and runs until Sept 29, for now.

Needless to say, this will affect mostly YUL, as it has several daily flights to CMN everyday on AT and AC.

Quote:

PURSUANT TO SECTION 5.1 OF THE AERONAUTICS ACT, THE MINISTER OF
TRANSPORT IS OF THE OPINION IT IS NECESSARY FOR AVIATION SAFETY
AND THE PROTECTION OF THE PUBLIC, TO PROHIBIT THE OPS OF ACFT
INVOLVED IN SKED AND NON SKED INTL COMMERCIAL AIR SVC FM MOROCCO,
FOR THE TRANSPORT OF PASSENGERS ON AN INBOUND FLT TO CANADA
. THIS
PROHIBITION FURTHER APPLIES TO OPS OF ACFT INVOLVED IN PRIVATE
AND CHARTER AIR SVC.
THIS PROHIBITION DOES NOT APPLY TO ACFT OPERATED IN THE FLW
CIRCUMSTANCES:
- CARGO FLT
- MEDEVAC FLT
- FERRY FLT
- FLIGHT CREW REPATRIATION FLT
- TECHNICAL STOPS WHERE PASSENGERS DO NOT DISEMBARK, OR
- AT ALTERNATE AP IDENTIFIED IN A FLT PLAN TO ADDRESS WX, OR
- ACFT SAFETY SITUATIONS, OR
- FLT EN ROUTE TO CANADA AT THE TIME THIS NOTICE TAKES EFFECT
- IN THE CASE WHERE SPECIAL AUTH HAS BEEN GRANTED BY
TRANSPORT CANADA: 1-613-992-6853.

jamincan Aug 29, 2021 12:39 AM

Is something happening in Morocco that I'm not aware of? We are starting a survey for a mining company there soon, and the equipment was detained by CBSA to review whether it required export permits (it didn't as it turns out). Now they're stopping flights from Morocco?

hollywoodcory Aug 29, 2021 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamincan (Post 9380220)
Is something happening in Morocco that I'm not aware of? We are starting a survey for a mining company there soon, and the equipment was detained by CBSA to review whether it required export permits (it didn't as it turns out). Now they're stopping flights from Morocco?

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-c...r-29-2021.html

Due to COVID.

Quote:

An increase in COVID-19 positive test results has been observed in travellers arriving in Canada from Morocco over the past month.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.