SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   St. John's (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=700)
-   -   [St. John's] Retail Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198935)

wmemeadusjr Oct 23, 2023 12:42 PM

I noticed several North Atlantic stations in and around St. John's are in the process of being converted to Petro Canada.

It was in May of 2003, that Petro Canada announced it was pulling out of Newfoundland and selling it's operations to North Atlantic. Full circle 20 years later.

J_Murphy Oct 25, 2023 6:17 PM

Anybody have any insight to what else may be going in Churchill Square? The retail space next to the new Shoppers is being developed but there is no indication to what it will be.

detroitdan1982 Oct 26, 2023 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Murphy (Post 10067307)
Anybody have any insight to what else may be going in Churchill Square? The retail space next to the new Shoppers is being developed but there is no indication to what it will be.

I thought it was going to be a Starbucks

Malreynolds Oct 26, 2023 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detroitdan1982 (Post 10067631)
I thought it was going to be a Starbucks

just what we needs another coffee shop

HockeyMan06 Oct 31, 2023 2:50 PM

Looks like Hakim Optical in the Village Mall has been taken over by Vogue Optical, they have a banner up covering the old sign

Crisisnf Nov 3, 2023 1:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyMan06 (Post 10071093)
Looks like Hakim Optical in the Village Mall has been taken over by Vogue Optical, they have a banner up covering the old sign

Avalon Mall location as well. I dont think tge sign is covered but Vogue bags all over the store.

HockeyMan06 Nov 16, 2023 11:33 PM

Charm Diamond in the Village Mall is moving downstairs into the former Telus/Things Engraved location. Looks like they've combined the 2 spots to make one big one for Charm

J_Murphy Dec 1, 2023 1:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Murphy (Post 10067307)
Anybody have any insight to what else may be going in Churchill Square? The retail space next to the new Shoppers is being developed but there is no indication to what it will be.

New store is now open in this space, and it's................another PetValu!

PoscStudent Dec 2, 2023 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Murphy (Post 10092230)
New store is now open in this space, and it's................another PetValu!

Oh good! It’ll be nice to have another pet store option in the city seeing there are so few! :rolleyes:

wmemeadusjr Dec 4, 2023 11:31 AM

Rooms + Spaces
 
I passed by Rooms + Spaces yesterday. The windows are all covered in brown paper and there's a sign on the door..."This store is permanently closed"

That was short lived.

Tocchet22 Dec 4, 2023 5:32 PM

Mastermind Toys
 
Mastermind Toys have been purchased by an equity firm and St. John's store has escaped an initial round of closures:

https://www.mastermindtoys.com/pages/storeclosures

cdotr Dec 13, 2023 1:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr (Post 10093895)
I passed by Rooms + Spaces yesterday. The windows are all covered in brown paper and there's a sign on the door..."This store is permanently closed"

That was short lived.

Yeah, apparently they hadn't paid the landlord for three months. It's happened with other locations.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/l...oadway-7934954

Sad as I was considering buying some things there for Christmas. I guess I will have to look elsewhere.

cdotr Jan 22, 2024 12:32 PM

I noticed over the weekend that Bell and Best Buy are teaming up in a rebrand of The Source stores to Best Buy Express. It indicates there are about 300 stores and they will be reducing it down to around 169. I wonder what that will mean for the locations locally. We used to have 3-4 The Source location in St. John's and now just the 1. Will it remain open.

I wonder what the future holds for the 9 others across the province.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...nd-the-source/

RCGA Jan 22, 2024 2:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdotr (Post 10125775)
I noticed over the weekend that Bell and Best Buy are teaming up in a rebrand of The Source stores to Best Buy Express. It indicates there are about 300 stores and they will be reducing it down to around 169. I wonder what that will mean for the locations locally. We used to have 3-4 The Source location in St. John's and now just the 1. Will it remain open.

I wonder what the future holds for the 9 others across the province.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...nd-the-source/

Can't wait to get the hard sell on a new cell phone plan every time I go in. Or internet. Or cable. Or Crave.

HockeyMan06 Jan 25, 2024 2:42 PM

Some more Village news: Charm has opened their new location downstairs next to Showcase. There's also something going into the former BMO next to 1949 Barbershop, but no signage has been posted on the construction wall

Crisisnf Feb 7, 2024 1:23 AM

Not sure if this hasbeen posted aready but some sort of dollar store opening in former Pipers location on Topsail Rd.

Offshore1 Feb 7, 2024 4:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisisnf (Post 10137937)
Not sure if this hasbeen posted aready but some sort of dollar store opening in former Pipers location on Topsail Rd.

Have we not reached a saturation point for "Dollar" stores? Same goes for pet stores and micro breweries.:shrug:

PoscStudent Feb 8, 2024 1:38 PM

Not near enough micro breweries!

jjavman Feb 8, 2024 3:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoscStudent (Post 10138946)
Not near enough micro breweries!

:cheers:

Arrakis Feb 8, 2024 9:48 PM

According to Avalon Malls’s Facebook page Lindt Chocolate will be opening a store in March in the the mall.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.