SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (Nordstrom)| 1,550 FT | 131 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191095)

Pete8680 Jun 10, 2015 11:21 PM

All i want is........
 
The mast 2 reach 1,816 feet. 1 foot taller then CN Tower! I don't care if this building is silver, green, blue, black or periwinkle . I want the tallest in the western hemisphere title back to Manhattan.

JR Ewing Jun 11, 2015 2:16 AM

Today
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/560/1...945b5475_b.jpg

RonV Jun 11, 2015 4:01 PM

I'm actually looking forward to this tower more than any other under construction currently it's going to be really cool to see. :) I saw the news reports that they said it would be taller then 1776 feet but then the developer said they would keep it at 1775 feet out of respect for 1wtc but which is true?

ILNY Jun 11, 2015 4:33 PM

^ We don't know yet, will have to wait to find out.

RonV Jun 11, 2015 4:39 PM

I think they should go for it! 1wtc won't be the tallest forever anyway, & NY always has had a friendly competition beginning with the Chrysler & ESB. Either way this is going to be a really cool tower. Maybe they should shoot for higher than the CN Tower ;)

chris08876 Jun 11, 2015 8:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonV (Post 7059212)
I think they should go for it! 1wtc won't be the tallest forever anyway, & NY always has had a friendly competition beginning with the Chrysler & ESB. Either way this is going to be a really cool tower. Maybe they should shoot for higher than the CN Tower ;)

If this man fulfills his dream, it could be slightly over 2100 ft. And in Chinatown!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17zi...g/original.jpg

:haha:

Pipedream, but.... never underestimate the Chinese people. They build skyscrapers in less than a month. :worship:

RonV Jun 11, 2015 9:27 PM

I really like the Nordstrom Tower it's going to be fun to compare it to 432 Park. It's roof height will be far taller than 1wtc's roof height. They might as well make the antenna higher than 1wtc's since it's really going to be way taller than 1wtc anyway by all measures that truly count (roof height). ;)

chris08876 Jun 11, 2015 9:29 PM

Its good that NYC is churning out tons of supertalls. This is the roaring 20's all over again.

photoLith Jun 11, 2015 9:38 PM

^
Hopefully not followed by another great depression...

NYguy Jun 12, 2015 4:25 AM

If you want to talk about China or Canada or anywhere else this tower isn't being built, don't. If you want to discuss the Nordstrom tower, carry on as usual.

Vertical_Gotham Jun 12, 2015 6:42 PM

Tidbit
The Nordstrom will utilize approximately 51,000 tons of structural steel. If you compared it to the 1 WTC, it used approximately 45,000 tons.


via DOB
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=SC456987123

1 WTC fact sheet:
https://www.panynj.gov/wtcprogress/p...act-Sheets.pdf

Zapatan Jun 12, 2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonV (Post 7059653)
It's roof height will be far taller than 1wtc's roof height.

The roof height is 1,522'. Certainly not "far taller" but a nice bump for sure. :)

RonV Jun 12, 2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 7061121)
The roof height is 1,522'. Certainly not "far taller" but a nice bump for sure. :)

True. Even 432 Park at its 1396 feet is visibly structurally taller than 1wtc even from Midtown so I can imagine how immense Nordstrom will appear when it's done :cool:

chris08876 Jun 12, 2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonV (Post 7061150)
True. Even 432 Park at its 1396 feet is visibly structurally taller than 1wtc even from Midtown so I can imagine how immense Nordstrom will appear when it's done :cool:

Elevation differences will make for some grandiose skyline shots.

Zapatan Jun 12, 2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonV (Post 7061150)
True. Even 432 Park at its 1396 feet is visibly structurally taller than 1wtc even from Midtown so I can imagine how immense Nordstrom will appear when it's done :cool:

That's true, and with the elevation difference Nordstrom should appear close to ~1600 to the roof which is definitely a noticeable difference, but I think it would be really great if there were a true signature tower that dwarfed 1WTC (really making 1WTC look small would require a roof height higher than its pinnacle).

Someday... for now 1,522' is a great milestone and perhaps long overdue.

RonV Jun 13, 2015 12:18 AM

Midtown is where it's at now & where it will be for quite some time for NY super/megatalls due to the demand for the residential specialty highrises so all the more for us to enjoy :)

In New York these things seem to shift back & forth so maybe in a few decades as the area around 1wtc develops more & more & the site becomes more crowded & lucrative for whatever purposes, perhaps more super/megatalls will develop around 1wtc but that will be a long time coming I don't think we'll see anything taller than 1wtc downtown for quite some time, if ever. I could be wrong of course but just my hunch.

But we can enjoy the cool boom in Midtown :) Btw, does anyone have any renderings of Nordstom from the base looking up I was just curious to see how that will look.

RonV Jun 13, 2015 12:20 AM

And forgive me but is Nordstrom going to have a glass curtain wall encasing it like 1wtc or will it be a mix/composite, or will it have a concrete or steel exterior? Just was wondering as I looked at some of the renders, thanks :cool:

Zapatan Jun 13, 2015 1:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonV (Post 7061201)
Midtown is where it's at now & where it will be for quite some time for NY super/megatalls due to the demand for the residential specialty highrises so all the more for us to enjoy :)

In New York these things seem to shift back & forth so maybe in a few decades as the area around 1wtc develops more & more & the site becomes more crowded & lucrative for whatever purposes, perhaps more super/megatalls will develop around 1wtc but that will be a long time coming I don't think we'll see anything taller than 1wtc downtown for quite some time, if ever. I could be wrong of course but just my hunch.

But we can enjoy the cool boom in Midtown :) Btw, does anyone have any renderings of Nordstom from the base looking up I was just curious to see how that will look.

It's rumored that SHoP's tower could go higher than 1WTC's roof at least (80 South Street).

Not sure if that's still accurate though

NYguy Jun 13, 2015 3:48 AM

Let's keep this discussion on the Nordstrom tower. All other issues can be discussed in appropriate threads.

Vertical_Gotham Jun 13, 2015 4:09 AM

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/60...2859a927c9.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/60...4f8590acc5.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.