SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Proposals (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=361)
-   -   DALLAS | Field Street Development | FT | ~50-15 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247983)

KevinFromTexas Aug 15, 2021 3:54 AM

DALLAS | Field Street Development | FT | ~50-15 FLOORS

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...g1yhjfQl4K8MiY
Quote:

Dallas City Council approves 3.75M-SF mixed-use project in Uptown

By Ryan Salchert – Staff Writer, Dallas Business Journal
Aug 13, 2021, 9:30am EDT

One of the largest proposed projects in Dallas is moving forward after receiving unanimous zoning approval from the Dallas City Council Wednesday.

On an 11-acre parcel between N. Houston and N. Field streets where the North End Apartments are currently located, Dallas-based Hunt Realty Investments is planning an ambitious mixed-use project, tentatively called the Field Street development. The project could include multiple skyscrapers, a 1.5-acre park and as much as 3.75 million square feet of commercial and residential space. Its tallest skyscraper could also reach higher than 80 stories, according to plans submitted to the Oak Lawn Committee last year.

“What we are trying for here is a mix of uses — a dynamic mix of retail, shops, restaurants, hotels, office buildings and of course the open space,” Fitzgibbons told the city council.
-

https://i.imgur.com/k6Xypnr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WZbHImO.jpg

KevinFromTexas Aug 15, 2021 4:28 AM

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...feature-1.html
Quote:

More details revealed about Hunt Realty's massive Uptown mixed-use project

By Ryan Salchert – Staff Writer, Dallas Business Journal
Nov 9, 2020

An 83-story mixed-use tower, 1.9 million square feet of office space and 895 residential units — these are just some of the new details revealed about Hunt Realty Investment's proposed 11-acre project in Uptown.

Hunt Realty President Colin Fitzgibbons told the Business Journal last week that the project would feature five buildings built around a large park at 2323 N. Field Street. While he confirmed that the development would have about 3.75 million square feet of commercial and residential space, further details were not given, citing the preliminary nature of the plans. However, more concrete details have been revealed through an Oak Lawn Committee agenda, which will be presented Tuesday.

The centerpiece of the 11-acre project, as seen in renderings, will be an 83-story mixed-use tower. Plans for the tower include a 500-room hotel, which will sit below a 595-unit residential high-rise. At a proposed 890 feet tall, the tower would be the second tallest building in Dallas, coming in just shy of the 921-foot Bank of America Plaza.

Connected to the 83-story tower would be a smaller 52-story residential high-rise, complete with 300 units. Below the combined towers would be 33,900 square feet of retail space.

On either side of the residential towers will be two office towers, standing 49 stories and 38 stories tall. The taller tower would include 1 million square feet of office space and 22,400 square feet of ground floor retail. The smaller tower would have 753,000 square feet of office space with 33,900 square feet of ground floor retail.

sentinel Aug 15, 2021 3:28 PM

Gorgeous building, love the height!

Ahoi Jun 13, 2022 8:38 AM

DALLAS | Goldman Sachs (North End) Development | 890ft | 83 + 52 + 48 fl

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...-a-generation/

Dale Jun 13, 2022 11:20 AM

^ Wonder if there will be changes to the rendering we’ve seen for over a year now ?

Steely Dan Jun 13, 2022 3:03 PM

890' would be a new 2nd tallest for Dallas!

A pretty big deal; I don't know how I missed the announcement of this one last summer.

but i guess most of the forum did. the thread must've gotten buried quickly.

Dale Jun 13, 2022 3:06 PM

FWIW, the guys on Dallasmetropolis don’t think this is happening. On the other hand, the city is voting on incentives June 22, so that sounds like it’s in play.

JMKeynes Jun 13, 2022 3:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 9648223)
FWIW, the guys on Dallasmetropolis don’t think this is happening. On the other hand, the city is voting on incentives June 22, so that sounds like it’s in play.

I think that these buildings are pretty lame, but I hope that GS builds something new. However, it seems like a massive new corporate park in Plano or Frisco would make more sense. People won't want to commute thirty miles in Dallas traffic to work here.

Zapatan Jun 13, 2022 5:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 9648223)

People are overly negative, think about how many people thought with certainty that NYC would never see supertall skyscrapers after 9/11 and yet look at it today.

I see no reason one of the fastest growing cities in the US can't add another few skyscrapers. Dallas has already built taller decades ago.

SLO Jun 13, 2022 5:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 9648424)
People are overly negative, think about how many people thought with certainty that NYC would never see supertall skyscrapers after 9/11 and yet look at it today.

I see no reason one of the fastest growing cities in the US can't add another few skyscrapers. Dallas has already built taller decades ago.

I could see this happening in Dallas easily. I had doubts about uptown when the American Airlines Center was built, but its been an incredible growth area with a tremendous density of low and mid rise buildings. I can imagine if this project works there would be more to come.

pianowizard Jun 13, 2022 5:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 9648424)

Indeed, at the rate that several Texas cities are growing, someday this state may even have the country's tallest building. 890 ft is nothing.

Urbannizer Jun 24, 2022 12:35 AM

News articles have been a bit misleading. To be clear, the Goldman Saks tower will be 800,000 sq feet in size, so closer closer to 35-45 floors with a completion date no later than December 2027. The 83-story tower is proposed as residential/hotel, no updates on it since November 2020.

Zapatan Jun 24, 2022 6:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbannizer (Post 9658175)
News articles have been a bit misleading. To be clear, the Goldman Saks tower will be 800,000 sq feet in size, so closer closer to 35-45 floors with a completion date no later than December 2027. The 83-story tower is proposed as residential/hotel, no updates on it since November 2020.

Yea, the Goldman Sachs tower may end up only 15-20 stories according to the Dallas projects thread.

But anyway here's Hunt's website

https://huntrealty.com

MAC123 Jun 24, 2022 8:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pianowizard (Post 9648440)
Indeed, at the rate that several Texas cities are growing, someday this state may even have the country's tallest building. 890 ft is nothing.

Insert extreme doubt

Dale Jun 24, 2022 9:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAC123 (Post 9659156)
Insert extreme doubt

I wouldn’t be shocked if Austin eventually achieved the nation’s tallest.

Altoic Jun 24, 2022 9:51 PM

Ehhh

Zapatan Jun 25, 2022 1:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 9659246)
I wouldn’t be shocked if Austin eventually achieved the nation’s tallest.

Considering mid-sized cities down in Mexico and Brazil are proposing buildings that would be amongst the tallest in the US, I don't see why Austin / the US in general can't do the same.

I hope Austin, along with Houston and Dallas (once they fill in a bit more) will surprise us with new tallests, maybe Atlanta too?

DCReid Jun 25, 2022 1:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 9659446)
Considering mid-sized cities down in Mexico and Brazil are proposing buildings that would be amongst the tallest in the US, I don't see why Austin / the US in general can't do the same.

I hope Austin, along with Houston and Dallas (once they fill in a bit more) will surprise us with new tallests, maybe Atlanta too?

Except for NYC, just about all the supertall buildings in the US have been residential. That's why even Miami, a relatively weak corporate center given its metro size, is proposing all of those tall residential buildings. Even Chicago has only built supertall residential buildings. I would guess that Austin is at the peak of its supertall construction, especially considering real estate prices have skyrocketed and the metro now seems to be more actively sprawling like Dallas and Houston. And those two cities don't seem to have the demand for supertall residential, and neither does Atlanta. I only see Miami, NYC, Chicago, and maybe LA building the next wave of supertalls this decade. And maybe one from a place like Charlotte, and one more from Austin.

Zapatan Jun 25, 2022 1:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCReid (Post 9659454)
Except for NYC, just about all the supertall buildings in the US have been residential. That's why even Miami, a relatively weak corporate center given its metro size, is proposing all of those tall residential buildings. Even Chicago has only built supertall residential buildings. I would guess that Austin is at the peak of its supertall construction, especially considering real estate prices have skyrocketed and the metro now seems to be more actively sprawling like Dallas and Houston. And those two cities don't seem to have the demand for supertall residential, and neither does Atlanta. I only see Miami, NYC, Chicago, and maybe LA building the next wave of supertalls this decade. And maybe one from a place like Charlotte, and one more from Austin.

I'd love to see more from LA. Also Seattle, Philly and SF have supertalls proposed so I hope at least one or two go through.

Chicago has two office supertalls though, Sears and AON, so that isn't true unless you're referring to recent construction.

There were rumors that a 90 story building is planned for Austin so hopefully that can sneak in before said peak if that's the case.

As far as demand for supertall residential I think / hope that will happen once those cities start filling in more.

MAC123 Jun 25, 2022 2:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 9659461)
Also Seattle, Philly have supertalls proposed so I hope at least one or two go through.

Chicago has two office supertalls though, Sears and AON, so that isn't true unless you're referring to recent construction.

John Hancock?

Also what supertalls are proposed for Philly and Seattle