SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Tempe Projects Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=96153)

combusean Aug 4, 2020 4:24 AM

https://maps.mcassessor.maricopa.gov is updated annually as a backup.

soled Aug 4, 2020 4:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 9000315)
When the heck are they going to update downtown Phoenix?? It’s almost 4 years old!!!

I just looked up my house and it shows a car in my driveway we haven't had for over 5 years

exit2lef Aug 4, 2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soled (Post 9000423)
I just looked up my house and it shows a car in my driveway we haven't had for over 5 years

If only we could use out-of-date online maps as a time machine to return to the days before the pandemic.

soled Aug 4, 2020 1:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 9000500)
If only we could use out-of-date online maps as a time machine to return to the days before the pandemic.

Haha

TJPHXskyscraperfan Aug 5, 2020 3:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 9000410)
https://maps.mcassessor.maricopa.gov is updated annually as a backup.

I’m talking about google earth, 3D version. Google maps is pretty updated but not Earth.

combusean Aug 5, 2020 6:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 9001405)
I’m talking about google earth, 3D version. Google maps is pretty updated but not Earth.

Yeah I realized that later. Funny that the Tempe aerials are newer in 3D than 2D.

I do my nosying around in streetview usually anyways.

Spitfiredude Aug 8, 2020 6:27 AM

Heads up, I noticed that there are athletic fields being built East of East Athletic Village (Sun Devil soccer stadium) with lighting. I plan to ask my boss what this is about (I work for SDA). Obviously, after demolishing Karsten, it doesn't sound like they plan to develop those parcels anytime soon.

skiesthelimit Aug 8, 2020 6:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfiredude (Post 9004697)
Heads up, I noticed that there are athletic fields being built East of East Athletic Village (Sun Devil soccer stadium) with lighting. I plan to ask my boss what this is about (I work for SDA). Obviously, after demolishing Karsten, it doesn't sound like they plan to develop those parcels anytime soon.

Yeah, I noticed the lights the other day and I can see the grassy fields on the other side of the apartments. Unfortunately, my vantage point is closed due to covid or I’d be supplying you all with weekly updates but they’re a part of the new athletic village which is the first portion of Novus Phase II (or is it III?). Dorsey extension looks close to being paved soon as well since it’s now gravel it seems.

CB1 Aug 8, 2020 11:54 AM

https://i.imgur.com/3SvZYqq.jpg

The Pier

phoenixwillrise Aug 9, 2020 3:06 PM

The Pier

Why does this remind me of ARCOSANTI in the 70's? The utopian city in the AZ Desert proposed and started by Paolo Soleri that ended up being a couple of buildings that turned into a hippy hangout where they sell wind chimes. It could be a toss up between which project gets completed first. LOL

CrestedSaguaro Aug 10, 2020 4:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise (Post 9005433)
Why does this remind me of ARCOSANTI in the 70's? The utopian city in the AZ Desert proposed and started by Paolo Soleri that ended up being a couple of buildings that turned into a hippy hangout where they sell wind chimes. It could be a toss up between which project gets completed first. LOL

I actually checked out the Pier when I was at Tempe marketplace saturday. It seems to be building up steam. Vertical columns and rebar appear to be at least 2 floors above ground now. Really hope this starts moving faster.

Diamonddave Aug 10, 2020 5:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9006243)
I actually checked out the Pier when I was at Tempe marketplace saturday. It seems to be building up steam. Vertical columns and rebar appear to be at least 2 floors above ground now. Really hope this starts moving faster.

Is this project phased or are both towers going up at the same time ?

ASUSunDevil Aug 10, 2020 5:27 PM

Just drove past this site and noticed that a public hearing sign has been put up. Will be nice to see all of that industrial near Curry & Miller transform into mixed-use.

https://www.banyanresidential.com/banyan-north-tempe

Also, LGE Design + Build has fencing up for a project on Scottsdale Rd. just N of the 202 - anyone know what it's going to be? It was previously a car dealership.

0214685226 Aug 10, 2020 6:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9006276)

I really hate phased projects. The end result ends up being a shell of the original approved proposal, like Block 23.

exit2lef Aug 10, 2020 6:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0214685226 (Post 9006353)
I really hate phased projects. The end result ends up being a shell of the original approved proposal, like Block 23.

...or the West 6th towers. There were supposed to be four, but we got only two.

xymox Aug 10, 2020 8:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 9006356)
...or the West 6th towers. There were supposed to be four, but we got only two.

Considering the circumstances - we’re lucky we got those two. They sat unfinished for quite some time...

Gotta wonder if the project that took up the land for the other two projects would have had more height had they waited and built more recently...

skiesthelimit Aug 10, 2020 10:35 PM

Doing some googling at work as I'm bored and came across this this article stating the following:

Quote:

and the Omni hotel project will break ground at Mill Avenue and University Drive at the end of the year,” Laughner said.
This website appears to have some updated renderings of the the Novus Innovation Corridor. Or at least, they look updated to me, I could be wrong.

Additionally Novus has a twitter with some fantastic construction updates on how things are going. And seems to be pretty consistent with the last update 2 weeks ago.

Lastly, I was able to get pictures of the athletic fields but I have to wait until I get home to upload them so I will edit this post once I receive those pictures. I was very stunned to see how much they have done in such little time, there's 3 fields and a completed parking lot, plus lights.

muertecaza Aug 11, 2020 2:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiesthelimit (Post 9006666)
Doing some googling at work as I'm bored and came across this this article stating the following:

This website appears to have some updated renderings of the the Novus Innovation Corridor. Or at least, they look updated to me, I could be wrong.

Additionally Novus has a twitter with some fantastic construction updates on how things are going. And seems to be pretty consistent with the last update 2 weeks ago.

Lastly, I was able to get pictures of the athletic fields but I have to wait until I get home to upload them so I will edit this post once I receive those pictures. I was very stunned to see how much they have done in such little time, there's 3 fields and a completed parking lot, plus lights.

Thanks for the great info. That rendering of Novus looks new to me too. That stretch between Rural-University-Rio Salado-Light Rail-Mountain is going to be awesome when built out.

muertecaza Aug 11, 2020 2:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9006276)

Yes, as originally approved at least it was to be phased with the first phase being the underground and podium parking and one of the two planned towers, with the second tower being the second phase.

muertecaza Aug 11, 2020 2:46 PM

100 Mill