SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   NHL 2012-2013 thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200039)

Boreal Apr 24, 2013 3:11 AM

There are two teams the Jets cannot play with in the NHL's east - Pittsburgh and Washington. Montreal gives us trouble too, but not to the degree the previous two do. We get outclassed by those clubs on a fairly regular basis.

No excuses, but the reality is - tough match up, plus they are rested and we are on a back to back, in Washington, facing a high powered offense, with our top two D-men - Enstrom and Bogosian - missing. Likely would have lost the game, but it is what it is.

Black Star Apr 24, 2013 3:42 AM

With all due respect...Welcome Winnipeg..... To Loser-ville! All we can do now is have some drinks and try to forget what the Hell happened in this Gong show of a season.

Shinook Apr 24, 2013 4:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topdog (Post 6102640)
What a great evening :) Loserpeg is all but officially done for, and the Scabs lose again.

I'm looking forward to watching your Pigtown Marble Laffs choke in the first round, and will revel in yet another 45 years (at least) where your perpetual team will continue their Stanley Cup drought :cheers:

Elmira Guy Apr 24, 2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinook (Post 6102757)
I'm looking forward to watching your Pigtown Marble Laffs choke in the first round, and will revel in yet another 45 years (at least) where your perpetual team will continue their Stanley Cup drought :cheers:

The WORST attempt at an insulting play on the Leafs name. But then that's what happens when you reply while angry eh? :)

I wonder what city The Jest will be playing in then. Or hey! Maybe they'll be back in Winnipeg again by that point.

Shinook Apr 24, 2013 2:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmira Guy (Post 6102923)
I wonder what city The Jest will be playing in then. Or hey! Maybe they'll be back in Winnipeg again by that point.

Speaking of worst attempt at insulting humor, I think we have a winner right here, because you know, we've never heard of that one before. Can't wait to watch you guys fall off your pedastal in the playoffs :)

suburbanite Apr 24, 2013 2:56 PM

If the Leafs do end up against Montreal which looks like a good possibility, then I wouldn't dismiss them so easily. Ottawa and Montreal are two teams that Toronto lines up very well against as evidenced by this season.

Elmira Guy Apr 24, 2013 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinook (Post 6103021)
Speaking of worst attempt at insulting humor, I think we have a winner right here, because you know, we've never heard of that one before. Can't wait to watch you guys fall off your pedastal in the playoffs :)

LOL! "Pedestal"? There's a word that, even as a life-long fan of the Leafs, I don't really think can be ascribed to them.

I don't give a damn if you've never heard it before! Is "Pigtown Marble Laffs" a Winnipeg staple? Funny, never heard it. I've heard the always classy fans chant "Leafs Suck" (which is kind of ironic given how things look as the season comes to an end), but never the little gem you used. I suspect you came up with that one yourself.

Look. Any true Leaf fans knows they've sucked for some time. With the exception of 93, and 99, it has been a dismal history for quite a while.

You and your fellow Leaf/Toronto haters have had lots to work with, and your unending comments of planned city parades are, while wholly inaccurate, somewhat deserved given their abysmal performance.

Having said all that, let me simply state that even if Toronto does go out in the first round, as a fan, I am deservedly pleased that they are in the playoffs. Certainly an improvement over the past nine years.

I realize that cheering for the Leafs on this board, even in an un-antagonistic way is not welcome, and subject to attack more so than any other team, I feel the same way about most other teams as you do about the Leafs/Toronto. The only Canadian teams I have any tolerance left for are Calgary and Edmonton. I was glad that Winnipeg got a team again, but given the attitude of many of their fans, I am utterly ambivalent to their future.

And as much as you will be joyously celebrating the Leafs' loss, should such a thing happen, I too will be filled with glee at the fact that your team almost certainly will not even have the opportunity to lose in the playoffs.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Surrealplaces Apr 24, 2013 4:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suburbanite (Post 6103057)
If the Leafs do end up against Montreal which looks like a good possibility, then I wouldn't dismiss them so easily. Ottawa and Montreal are two teams that Toronto lines up very well against as evidenced by this season.

As strange is it may seem the Leafs could still overtake Montreal and possibly Boston in the standings. Though not likely, it could still happen and they might end up playing the Sens.

Jets look to be toast, but you never know. Rangers lost to Florida so anything can happen.

Calgarian Apr 24, 2013 4:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmira Guy (Post 6103161)
Having said all that, let me simply state that even if Toronto does go out in the first round, as a fan, I am deservedly pleased that they are in the playoffs. Certainly an improvement over the past nine years.

I remember the excitement here when the Flames made the playoffs in '04 after 7 years of sucking really bad. Even without the cup run we were stoked to have playoff hockey back! I'm happy for Toronto fans, just dreading hearing nothing but Leafs news every time I turn on a Canadian news or sports channel.

Elmira Guy Apr 24, 2013 5:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealplaces (Post 6103199)
As strange is it may seem the Leafs could still overtake Montreal and possibly Boston in the standings. Though not likely, it could still happen and they might end up playing the Sens.

Jets look to be toast, but you never know. Rangers lost to Florida so anything can happen.

It is possible, but I suspect they'll stay in 5th, though possibly 4th place. The latter would be nice in order to have home ice. Either way, a Toronto v Montreal series would be outstanding!

Coldrsx Apr 24, 2013 5:42 PM

Last game of year for me and the Oilers, thank god.

mintzilla Apr 24, 2013 6:13 PM

^lucky you, I still have to suffer through the Vancouver game.

there better be some pretty major changes this off season or i am done with this team (until they stop sucking anyway)

Hybrid247 Apr 24, 2013 10:41 PM

Apparently there's a chance Karlsson might play for the Sens tomorrow against Washington. that's unreal... he had 70% of his tendon severed and he's back in just 10 weeks. If Sens make the playoffs (yes I said "if") he'll be a great boost for the team. I hope Spezza can possibly make a return for the playoffs too.

Coldrsx Apr 25, 2013 5:03 AM

Decent game to watch tonight, also good pick.

Surrealplaces Apr 25, 2013 6:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 6104132)
Decent game to watch tonight, also good pick.

I wish the Flames were as good at losing. Last game they iced 10 of 12 forwards that were either first year players or players from the farm team, and still managed to almost blow it.

Calgarian Apr 25, 2013 8:00 PM

Flames have been great lately, too bad they couldn't have played this well when it mattered. Oh well, great experience for the young guys and gives me hope for next year.

verttoit Apr 25, 2013 8:35 PM

Big Game tonight people!!!

Winnipeg vs Montreal!

If Montreal wins tonight the Jets will be eliminated from the post-season.
Winnipeg needs to win its remaining game and hope that the Senators and Rangers lose both of their two remaining games.

If Winnipeg wins tonight and Boston wins tonight Montreal will finish most likely 2nt place in the North East Division and will 90% likely be facing the Toronto Mapple Leafs.

Go Habs Go!

JHikka Apr 25, 2013 8:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verttoit (Post 6104967)
Winnipeg needs to win its remaining game and hope that the Senators and Rangers lose both of their two remaining games.

Yeah, I think this is unlikely.

The Chemist Apr 25, 2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealplaces (Post 6104815)
I wish the Flames were as good at losing. Last game they iced 10 of 12 forwards that were either first year players or players from the farm team, and still managed to almost blow it.

Well, at least we'll have 3 picks in the first round, anyway. :)

Nicko999 Apr 25, 2013 11:04 PM

Jesus... Martin St. Louis is a freak of nature. He now has a 2 pts lead on Crosby and Stamkos.

If he wins the scoring race, he will become the oldest player in NHL history to win the Art Ross at the age of 37. Gordie Howe currently holds the record at 34.

Not bad for an undrafted player.

With 58 pts in 46 games, he is on pace for 103 pts (over a 82 games season). His career best is 102 pts.

Call me crazy if you want but I believe he's the better player (between him and Stamkos) right now.

EDIT: As for tonight, I expect Winnipeg to beat us... we have NO confidence right now.

Nicko999 Apr 26, 2013 3:46 AM

Haha... thanks Pavelec.:P

Even though we got the win, we still didn't play well. At least we have clinched home ice.

Bouillon is god awful.:help:

Eller and Galchenyuk are incredible. It's been now more than a month they have been our most dangerous forwards. Their ice time is up so that's great.

topdog Apr 26, 2013 5:27 PM

So loserpeg is officially out. :cheers: Too bad the Senaturds made the playoffs, but you can't win them all.

Hybrid247 Apr 26, 2013 5:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topdog (Post 6106232)
So loserpeg is officially out. :cheers: Too bad the Senaturds made the playoffs, but you can't win them all.

I don't see how you thought there was a possibility that both those teams wouldn't make the playoffs to begin with. If the Sens didn't make it then the Jets would have...

theman23 Apr 27, 2013 7:47 PM

suburbanite Apr 28, 2013 12:36 AM

Looks like Reimer wants Gallagher to win the Calder. Gift wraps him two goals to give him the lead in rookie scoring.

sa230e Apr 28, 2013 1:29 AM

Finally looks like the Habs of earlier this season are back. And not a moment too soon.

Nicko999 Apr 28, 2013 3:14 AM

Nice game Habs!:tup:

Damn how can you not like Gallagher. With tonight's performance, I think it's between him and Huberdeau for the Calder.

Lars Eller was an absolute beast. I'm liking the Halak trade more and more. This might turn out to be the best move Gauthier has done.:P The kid is going to be the #2 center of this team for a long time. He looks like a bigger, stronger, more physical version of Plekanec out there. He finishes the season (30 pts in 46 games) only 3 pts behind Pleky. Once again, 3 pts and 6 hits tonight, the most by any Hab.

Boston has to win tomorrow if they want to take the division. If they win, we play Toronto. If they lose, we play Ottawa.

logan5 Apr 28, 2013 4:07 AM

Yakupov is trade bait.

Coldrsx Apr 28, 2013 4:38 AM

Hell no.

Awesome.

logan5 Apr 28, 2013 5:15 AM

yakupov for a Hamhuis type and a Burrows type player? this is what the oilers are missing

Coldrsx Apr 28, 2013 5:20 AM

Vancouver, a cup is what you are missing:)

GrahamH Apr 28, 2013 5:42 AM

Edmonton, a playoff spot in the past 8 years is what you're missing. :)

Hardhatdan Apr 28, 2013 5:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 6107718)
Vancouver, a cup is what you are missing:)

And about 12million a year they should get back from their goal tending.

Bobby Lou gave me the only thing I wanted, watching his confidence implode during the last game of the season.

LOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Oh did I cheer for him.

Coldrsx Apr 28, 2013 5:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamH (Post 6107728)
Edmonton, a playoff spot in the past 8 years is what you're missing. :)

Meh, just trying to give other non cup teams like you more chances.

logan5 Apr 28, 2013 6:00 AM

who you gonna trade then to support this young group of talent? no clue just like tambelinni and mactsvish?

GrahamH Apr 28, 2013 7:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 6107734)
Meh, just trying to give other non cup teams like you more chances.

Oh that makes sense, how nice of you guys. We'll give you a nice victory without our top line, two defenseman and our starting goalie. I hope you enjoyed your last game of the season.

Coldrsx Apr 28, 2013 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamH (Post 6107756)
Oh that makes sense, how nice of you guys. We'll give you a nice victory without our top line, two defenseman and our starting goalie. I hope you enjoyed your last game of the season.

I'd have sat them as well, they need to be well rested if you are going to not quite make it again, again,again...

Coldrsx Apr 28, 2013 3:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 6107742)
who you gonna trade then to support this young group of talent? no clue just like tambelinni and mactsvish?

Hemsky and our top pick this draft, maybe nuge, revamp 3-4.

GrahamH Apr 28, 2013 5:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 6107913)
if you are going to not quite make it again, again,again...

Predicting the future now too huh? I guess the Oilers will keep missing the playoffs again, again, again. I honestly don't think the Canucks have what it takes to win it all this year, but I'm making no predictions. Ever since last year I keep my thoughts on the playoffs relatively confined because after seeing a finals of the Kings and the Devils, all bets are clearly off. I didn't see any of the "expert" analysts pick them, but instead Pittsburgh, New York, Vancouver, and any of the other teams you would see the average fan will pick.

I hear a lot of people say that Vancouver will "never win the cup". I can't imagine ever being arrogant enough to say something like that. See you next season.

Rico Rommheim Apr 28, 2013 5:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 6107660)

Boston has to win tomorrow if they want to take the division. If they win, we play Toronto. If they lose, we play Ottawa.

Gonna be an interesting series either way.

logan5 Apr 28, 2013 7:02 PM

This is kind of a funny video. Yakupov with his over the top celebration in what is basically an exhibition game, then those Canuck jerks making fun of him.

Video Link

feepa Apr 28, 2013 11:54 PM

Sorry Logan, I can't hear you.

Video Link

libtard Apr 29, 2013 12:34 AM

Oilers celebrating last night :haha:

Act like the losers you are. Jeez how shameless and embarrassing can you get?

suburbanite Apr 29, 2013 1:44 AM

Looks like the Sens have ended Toronto's playoff run before it even began. What a good last game of the season though.

Nicko999 Apr 29, 2013 5:25 AM

Northeast division champs!:tup:

I honestly believed we wouldn't be able to do it.:tup:

http://i44.tinypic.com/dtdax.png

From 28th in the league to 4th.

roccerfeller Apr 29, 2013 6:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 6108539)
Northeast division champs!:tup:

I honestly believed we wouldn't be able to do it.:tup:

http://i44.tinypic.com/dtdax.png

From 28th in the league to 4th.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

sa230e Apr 29, 2013 8:01 AM

Sweet. I'm just glad we don't have to play the leafs. Then again, we haven't done all that well against the sens this season, either.

Xelebes Apr 29, 2013 1:03 PM

Playoff thread opened. Regular Season thread closed.