SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   NHL 2012-2013 thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200039)

Nicko999 Feb 1, 2013 12:22 AM

BTW-As much I like Markov, some players have to wake up... Desharnais and Eller for example. He is carrying the team on his own basically (literally... he has 75% of our GWGs)

Diaz is a product of Markov (like Souray, Streit, Komisarek and others)... so 3 pts ahead of Plekanec (and he's a D).:P
http://i48.tinypic.com/35cr2g7.png

If Marky stays healthy (big IF though), Erik Karlsson is gonna have some competition this year.:D
http://i46.tinypic.com/j73gbt.png

Denscity Feb 1, 2013 6:09 AM

So for the first time ever, i was able to watch out of market regionally broadcast hockey games tonight. I watched the Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton games including their local commercials ive never seen before. Is this the new normal or did i just get lucky? Its awesome.

artvandelay Feb 1, 2013 7:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denscity (Post 5996266)
So for the first time ever, i was able to watch out of market regionally broadcast hockey games tonight. I watched the Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton games including their local commercials ive never seen before. Is this the new normal or did i just get lucky? Its awesome.

There was a free preview of Centre Ice, so that was probably what you were watching.

Unfortunately it ended after tonight's games. :(

artvandelay Feb 1, 2013 7:34 AM

Flames played a good 40 minutes tonight but fell apart at the end, and Kipper put in a horrible performance.

On the bright side, we've seen more exciting, skilled hockey during this season thus far than the entire Brent Sutter era.

Denscity Feb 1, 2013 8:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artvandelay (Post 5996305)
There was a free preview of Centre Ice, so that was probably what you were watching.

Unfortunately it ended after tonight's games. :(

Actually all three games were on sportsnet ontario and west. Maybe its the new normal. Hope so. Thatll give me a lot more hockey to watch.

Calgarian Feb 1, 2013 4:08 PM

Going to be a long season for the Flames...

Great game by Hudler though, was really impressed with his performance last night.

MrOilers Feb 1, 2013 4:17 PM

Flames fans are starting to sound like Oilers fans now:

"Yeah, we got our asses handed to us 6-3, but at least it was fun to watch."

On that note, the Oilers lost 3-2 in a shootout with the Sharks, but at least they got a road point and it was a great game to watch.

suburbanite Feb 1, 2013 4:18 PM

The sharks are really something else. They've always been a good regular season team but they way they dominate every game makes them real fun to watch.

Marleau, Pavelski, and Niemi are single-handedly carrying my fantasy team to victory.

freeweed Feb 1, 2013 4:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artvandelay (Post 5996306)
Flames played a good 40 minutes tonight but fell apart at the end, and Kipper put in a horrible performance.

On the bright side, we've seen more exciting, skilled hockey during this season thus far than the entire Brent Sutter/Darryl Sutter/Jim Playfield/Mike Keenan era.

Fixed. :P

freeweed Feb 1, 2013 4:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denscity (Post 5996320)
Actually all three games were on sportsnet ontario and west. Maybe its the new normal. Hope so. Thatll give me a lot more hockey to watch.

Sounds like someone f'd up. Even with the Centre Ice preview, I was blocked out of seeing the original feeds on Sportsnet East/Ontario, and TSN Jets/Montreal.

Keep us posted if this continues - I'll be demanding my CI payment back if I can just watch for free. :haha:

MrOilers Feb 1, 2013 4:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suburbanite (Post 5996621)
The sharks are really something else.

Yes, they really have put a good team together.

But they can finish 1st overall in the NHL by a landslide, and I *still* wouldn't expect them to make it past round 2 of the playoffs. :haha:

freeweed Feb 1, 2013 5:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOilers (Post 5996646)

But they can finish 1st overall in the NHL by a landslide, and I *still* wouldn't expect them to make it past round 2 of the playoffs. :haha:

Sharks and Canucks will finish 1-2, and both be knocked out in the first round.

You heard it here first.

Coldrsx Feb 1, 2013 5:33 PM

Dubs stole that game for us last night, even if only 1 pt.

Denscity Feb 1, 2013 5:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeweed (Post 5996700)

You heard it here first.

I agree sharks will finish 1st with a chance at the presidents trophy. The Canucks on the other hand will finish worse than second but will make into the second round. After that ive got no idea.

artvandelay Feb 1, 2013 5:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 5996764)
Dubs stole that game for us last night, even if only 1 pt.

I think you should thank the ref who called that BS penalty on Clowe (that negated a goal) for that point, rather than Dubnyk. :haha:

Coldrsx Feb 1, 2013 6:12 PM

or how about that 'cross check' by Petry

MrOilers Feb 1, 2013 6:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artvandelay (Post 5996791)
I think you should thank the ref who called that BS penalty on Clowe (that negated a goal)

BS penalty aside, the play was offside as well.

Nicko999 Feb 1, 2013 11:55 PM

My god... Max Pacioretty is a freak!!!:runaway:

Quote:

There was a surprise appearance from left-winger Max Pacioretty, who skated a full practice, with wind sprints at the end only six days after having an emergency appendectomy. He was expected to be out three-to-four weeks, but it appears he will make an earlier return.

He isn't expected to play this weekend but doesn't look to be far off of a return.

"The doctor told me I can't really make it any worse and it's part of my competitive nature to go out and push it as far as I can, so when I'm playing I'll be ready," said Pacioretty.

When asked when he will be back, Pacioretty said: "It's hard to tell. I don't know. If it were my choice, I'd play tomorrow."

The Chemist Feb 2, 2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarian (Post 5996605)
Going to be a long season for the Flames...

Great game by Hudler though, was really impressed with his performance last night.

They really screwed it up royally in the last five minutes, that's for sure. But the first two periods were very good, offensively at least.

The Hudler line was excellent all night. Stajan looks like a man reborn playing with the two Czechs.

theman23 Feb 2, 2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 5995812)
I told you guys... I've never seen an athlete able to heal so fast (even though Dr. Recchi is not impressed).

Only 5 days after the surgery.

http://i.imgur.com/MpWIisc.jpg

Dr. Nicko sounds impressed.

So when's prom this year?

Nicko999 Feb 2, 2013 3:45 AM

Welcome back!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your team still sucks though...
http://i45.tinypic.com/2qtlb48.png

Nicko999 Feb 2, 2013 4:29 AM

BTW-Sorry Flames fans but I'm cheering against you this season.:D

The better draft pick you have the better it is for us because we have your second rounder from the Cammy trade.:P
Hopefully that second rounder is like a late first.:)

BTW-How had Cammy been? I haven't seen him in highlights this season yet.

You Need A Thneed Feb 2, 2013 6:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 5997726)
-How had Cammy been? I haven't seen him in highlights this season yet.

Underperforming.

ZeDgE Feb 2, 2013 6:43 AM

Flames are currently last place in the league. (least games played though)

sigh

You Need A Thneed Feb 2, 2013 7:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeDgE (Post 5997827)
Flames are currently last place in the league. (least games played though)

sigh

Philly is last in the league.

ZeDgE Feb 2, 2013 7:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by You Need A Thneed (Post 5997850)
Philly is last in the league.

Based on games played? I was just going by points. ;)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...nav-stn-league

You Need A Thneed Feb 2, 2013 3:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeDgE (Post 5997855)
Based on games played? I was just going by points. ;)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...nav-stn-league

Based on points per game, the only fair way to compare when one team has played 60% more games than the other.

feepa Feb 2, 2013 5:05 PM

^ tell yourself what you need to.

Kiprusoff sporting a 3.76 GAA and an .854 save percentage
Iggy has yet to score, only 3 pts so far
Flames have but one win on the season
Cammy has yet to show up...

it's funny watching the melt down 300 km south of me. Some fans are delusional, "its just a slow start" some fans are in disbelief "Philly is worst than us, cause they have more games played" like that really matters.

Maybe feaster can sign another vet towards the end of his career? maybe you can chase after that elusive RFA/UFA? that's worked really well for both the Flames and Oilers over the year.

Maybe, just maybe, the flames will realize its TIME TO REBUILD.

Though, I'd prefer the flames to finish just below the playoff cut, they will likely do much worse this year, and unforunately they will be in the running for drafting Jones or Macinnon

ZeDgE Feb 2, 2013 6:41 PM

It was time to rebuild a couple of years ago. :(

They are more entertaining to watch this season though, so that's a plus. Players seem to be less handcuffed into sleep inducing play style.

Darkoshvilli Feb 2, 2013 9:46 PM

Galchenyuk 7pts in 7 games, playing third line minutes with another rookie and a grinder.

We got a good one.:yes:

Surrealplaces Feb 2, 2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOilers (Post 5996646)

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeweed (Post 5996700)

You heard it here first.

I wouldn't count out the Sharks so soon. Yeah, they've sucked in the playoffs many a time, but keep in mind that they made it to the Conference finals in 2010 and 2011. They still have a pretty potent team.

Surrealplaces Feb 2, 2013 10:14 PM

What makes you think fans are delusional? The Flames have only played 5 games!
BTW, you've just proven their point. The team is 1-3-1, and Kipper hasn't played well, Iggy and Cammy haven't played well, and the two new guys (Hudler and Cervenka) have only played two games but look great.

Not to mention the fact that they should have won the last game..... if they had the outlook 5 games into the season would be completely different.

Sure, I think the Flames are likely going to have to rebuild soon, but as far as this season games, 5 games does not make a season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feepa (Post 5998058)
^ tell yourself what you need to.

Kiprusoff sporting a 3.76 GAA and an .854 save percentage
Iggy has yet to score, only 3 pts so far
Flames have but one win on the season
Cammy has yet to show up...

it's funny watching the melt down 300 km south of me. Some fans are delusional, "its just a slow start" some fans are in disbelief "Philly is worst than us, cause they have more games played" like that really matters.

Maybe feaster can sign another vet towards the end of his career? maybe you can chase after that elusive RFA/UFA? that's worked really well for both the Flames and Oilers over the year.

Maybe, just maybe, the flames will realize its TIME TO REBUILD.

Though, I'd prefer the flames to finish just below the playoff cut, they will likely do much worse this year, and unforunately they will be in the running for drafting Jones or Macinnon

Nicko999 Feb 2, 2013 10:29 PM

Man, this is team is so fun to watch...:)

6-1 win vs the Sabres.

Denscity Feb 3, 2013 4:17 AM

Vancouver beat Chicago last night in a shootout. Its so nice to beat your biggest rival, a team better than you in the standings, and at home. :tup:

Nicko999 Feb 3, 2013 5:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli (Post 5998391)
Galchenyuk 7pts in 7 games, playing third line minutes with another rookie and a grinder.

We got a good one.:yes:

I hate seeing any player injured but if Galchy was not injured, he would probably have gone first overall so we wouldn't have him right now.

Quote:

Talent Analysis

Many scouts felt that Galchenyuk was more talented overall than his Sarnia Sting teammate, Nail Yakupov. Galchenyuk may not be the natural goal-scorer that Yakupov is, but he has good hands and the ability to see and make plays that the average player may not be able to conjure up. Galchenyuk also pays attention to the defensive side of the game, moreso than does Yakupov. In time, Galchenyuk should be a contender to be a No. 1 center with the Canadiens.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/alex_galchenyuk/

Gallagher and Galchenyuk lead the Habs with +6 and +5 respectively.

I'm actually more impressed by Galchenyuk's defensive game (because we already knew he was a beast offensively). I did not expect to see this from an 18 years old kid.

Darkoshvilli Feb 3, 2013 5:12 AM

Is it safe to say he's the most talented prospect the habs have had since Roy?

Darkoshvilli Feb 3, 2013 5:22 AM

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...psa79ce6c0.jpg

ZeDgE Feb 3, 2013 6:00 AM

Ugh... only the Flames can outshoot, out chance, out play a team and still manage to lose.. yay for loser point though. :/

Nicko999 Feb 3, 2013 7:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli (Post 5998795)
Is it safe to say he's the most talented prospect the habs have had since Roy?

It's kind hard to compare a player to a goalie. One thing is sure though, he's scary good already!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli (Post 5998804)

And now Subban is back!

BTW-Nice spelling mistake on "assists":P

Calgarian Feb 3, 2013 5:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealplaces (Post 5998442)
What makes you think fans are delusional? The Flames have only played 5 games!
BTW, you've just proven their point. The team is 1-3-1, and Kipper hasn't played well, Iggy and Cammy haven't played well, and the two new guys (Hudler and Cervenka) have only played two games but look great.

Not to mention the fact that they should have won the last game..... if they had the outlook 5 games into the season would be completely different.

Sure, I think the Flames are likely going to have to rebuild soon, but as far as this season games, 5 games does not make a season.

You can't talk to feepa about the Flames / Oilers, the guy is such a homer it's impossible to have a rational conversation with him.

Anyway, great game by the Flames last night, Emery had a ridiculous game to steal that win for Chicago. Its too bad that last goal went in, the Flames definitely deserved the win, can't keep giving these points away...

feepa Feb 3, 2013 5:39 PM

Cause your not a big fucking flames homer yourself? Good lord. You live, breathe, and drink all that is flames koolaid.

"Flames deserved to win" right. You took 47 shots mostly from the perimeter. Next you'll tell me that the flames could've won every game so far this season "if only for..." or "if so and so only "

Ya... homer 1-3-2

Nicko999 Feb 3, 2013 6:52 PM

HAHA, Max Pacioretty is back in the lineup...

That was the quickest "3 to 4 weeks", I've seen!:P

Yep, this guy really is Wolverine.:haha:

ZeDgE Feb 3, 2013 6:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feepa (Post 5999136)
Cause your not a big fucking flames homer yourself? Good lord. You live, breathe, and drink all that is flames koolaid.

"Flames deserved to win" right. You took 47 shots mostly from the perimeter. Next you'll tell me that the flames could've won every game so far this season "if only for..." or "if so and so only "

Ya... homer 1-3-2

Did you watch the game? its not just the shots, they had a good 9-10 scoring opportunities that could have been goals. Not to mention a couple of posts. On top of that they pretty much carried the play for most of the game. Just couldn't finish. The Hawks seem to be masters of putting in the least amount of effort and still coming away with a win..lol :haha:

Darkoshvilli Feb 3, 2013 7:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 5998888)
It's kind hard to compare a player to a goalie.

Oh you can compare a skater with a goalie. In terms of their talent level in their position and the overall potential they have.

Rico Rommheim Feb 3, 2013 7:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 5999230)

Yep, this guy really is Wolverine.:haha:

He is very tenacious, there's no doubt about that!

Calgarian Feb 3, 2013 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feepa (Post 5999136)

Ya... homer 1-3-2

I'm a fan, but I'm a rational person, I don't delude myself and see things the way I want to, unlike you.
Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you, it will go nowhere and I have better things to do with my time.

Calgarian Feb 3, 2013 8:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeDgE (Post 5999237)
The Hawks seem to be masters of putting in the least amount of effort and still coming away with a win..lol :haha:

Good teams find ways to win, mediocre teams find ways to lose, that's what happened last night.

Nicko999 Feb 3, 2013 10:30 PM

LOL, sorry Sens fans I know you guys get screwed.

I'll take the 2 pts though... now 6-2!!!:tup:

MrOilers Feb 4, 2013 1:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 5999230)

The Habs sure like to lie about injuries.

Nicko999 Feb 4, 2013 6:18 AM

And the Oilers sure like to tank.:rolleyes: