SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | 300 N Michigan Ave | 523 ft | 47 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240138)

chicagodeckerdude Jul 17, 2020 3:17 PM

Yeah even if the building design just had it set back from the street a bit I would have been a happy camper.

Zapatan Jul 17, 2020 4:48 PM

Nice, good news. It'll be kind of hidden where it is but still a 500+

Will wait for more renderings though because the design looks kind of boring as is

Skyy Jul 17, 2020 7:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 8984277)
Nice, good news. It'll be kind of hidden where it is but still a 500+

Will wait for more renderings though because the design looks kind of boring as is

I agree, tall is great, but infill is always still good, especially in prominent locations like this

Goose Island Guru Jul 18, 2020 12:45 AM

Love this play by SB / Magellan. “You want us to build your hotel? Ok but you have to buy it when construction is done.”

Talk about eliminating risk from the development side. Way to go.

RedCorsair87 Jul 18, 2020 5:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 8984277)
Nice, good news. It'll be kind of hidden where it is but still a 500+

Will wait for more renderings though because the design looks kind of boring as is

It's a shame Goettsch wasn't hired for this. A 500ft version of the taller tower at One Chicago that speaks with C+C would be great here.

r18tdi Jul 20, 2020 9:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCorsair87 (Post 8985162)
It's a shame Goettsch wasn't hired for this.

We would have a blue box... with fins.

marothisu Aug 9, 2020 10:08 PM

300 N Michigan Ave was issued a new construction building permit on Friday, under the address of 88 E Wacker Pl. it's for caissons, foundation, and superstructure up to the 4th floor.

harryc Aug 9, 2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marothisu (Post 9005733)
300 N Michigan Ave was issued a new construction building permit on Friday, under the address of 88 E Wacker Pl. it's for caissons, foundation, and superstructure up to the 4th floor.

As former pizza driver - I would like to slam somebody's head into the wall repeatedly. The building is NOT on Wacker.


--- why does this building have it's own thread ?

marothisu Aug 9, 2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryc (Post 9005743)
As former pizza driver - I would like to slam somebody's head into the wall repeatedly. The building is NOT on Wacker.


--- why does this building have it's own thread ?

Not true. Its on Wacker PLACE not Wacker Drive. Wacker Place is a very short street not more than a block or 2 long, south of Wacker Drive.

Steely Dan Aug 9, 2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryc (Post 9005743)
why does this building have it's own thread ?

It's a 500 footer.

harryc Aug 9, 2020 11:44 PM

Is this still the design ?


BVictor1 Aug 21, 2020 10:06 PM

Caisson rigs, rebar and liners are on site.

KWillChicago Aug 21, 2020 10:24 PM

Awesome. Glad this isn't dead.

Zapatan Aug 21, 2020 10:25 PM

Nice, Chicago's boom still going strong

harryc Aug 21, 2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 9018500)
Caisson rigs, rebar and liners are on site.

Thank you ! I didn't for a minute think this was actually going to start this year.

sentinel Aug 21, 2020 10:55 PM

Wish it was a better design.

Steely Dan Aug 22, 2020 5:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 9018500)
Caisson rigs, rebar and liners are on site.

oh, thanks for the update. :tup:

the 2nd 500 footer to start DURING the pandemic.

kind of amazing.

harryc Aug 27, 2020 10:03 AM

Aug 24


Steely Dan Aug 27, 2020 1:30 PM

^ HUZZAH!

I still can't believe this one landed financing in the middle of the pandemic.

Skyguy_7 Aug 27, 2020 1:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 9019094)
oh, thanks for the update. :tup:

the 2nd 500 footer to start DURING the pandemic.

kind of amazing.

Considering the pandemic and the sharp rise in crime due to social unrest, I’d like to know what you attribute this to.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.