SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Proposals (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=361)
-   -   HOUSTON | One Market Square | FT | 46 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=206523)

cloud713 Aug 1, 2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 6218492)
:haha: I counted 41 on top of the garage very well knowing it would sit on top of an 11-story garage. :help:


So this design may be quite different from the rendering? Will the developer keep the same theme but shorter?

i get the impression from posts by people who know what theyre talking about that yes it will be the same design, just reduced in height.

toxteth o'grady Aug 7, 2013 7:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 6218492)
:haha: I counted 41 on top of the garage very well knowing it would sit on top of an 11-story garage. :help:


So this design may be quite different from the rendering? Will the developer keep the same theme but shorter?

That would certainly reshape the bow. It should look interesting, in any regard.

Urbannizer Aug 26, 2013 8:22 AM

Another rendering of International Tower. This one was posted over on HAIF.

http://i.imgur.com/dThHJ9b.jpg

toxteth o'grady Aug 27, 2013 8:24 PM

Nice render. Hope it finds tenants soon.

kingkirbythe.... Aug 27, 2013 8:46 PM

Beautiful building.

shakman Aug 27, 2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbannizer (Post 6244583)
Another rendering of International Tower. This one was posted over on HAIF.

http://i.imgur.com/dThHJ9b.jpg

Is this the older rendering? I am counting more than 41-floors.

AustinTay Aug 28, 2013 1:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 6246446)
Is this the older rendering? I am counting more than 41-floors.

Yes it is.

Urbannizer Aug 28, 2013 9:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 6246446)
Is this the older rendering? I am counting more than 41-floors.

Yes. Same design, just a few floors trimmed off from the original plan. Here's the brochure:

http://i.imgur.com/uihdoUp.jpg

KevinFromTexas Aug 28, 2013 11:42 AM

It looks to be about 750 feet.

shakman Aug 30, 2013 3:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas (Post 6246984)
It looks to be about 750 feet.

I counted 41+ floors on the brochure rendering.

Would someone else like to squint and count the floors from the brochure? :D

AustinTay Aug 30, 2013 3:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 6249369)
I counted 41+ floors on the brochure rendering.

Would someone else like to squint and count the floors from the brochure? :D

It is def 50 floors on the brochure but it's an old rendering. It is going to be the same design but shortened like Urbannizer said.

KevinFromTexas Aug 30, 2013 4:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 6249369)
I counted 41+ floors on the brochure rendering.

Would someone else like to squint and count the floors from the brochure? :D

I counted 47 up to the base of the "crown" - which is what I'm guessing is the mechanical penthouse.

If this is rendering for the taller version then the true 41-story version might end up being under 700 feet.

shakman Aug 30, 2013 4:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas (Post 6249447)
I counted 47 up to the base of the "crown" - which is what I'm guessing is the mechanical penthouse.

If this is rendering for the taller version then the true 41-story version might end up being under 700 feet.

Even at 41-floors, this tower will be quite prominent from various angles of the skyline.

MightyYoda Aug 30, 2013 7:00 PM

Count me jealous, this is exactly the kind of signature office tower I want to see in Austin.

toxteth o'grady Sep 5, 2013 3:21 PM

I can't tell if this building is north or south of the Market Square development that's been proposed.

shakman Sep 5, 2013 6:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady (Post 6255674)
I can't tell if this building is north or south of the Market Square development that's been proposed.

It looks to be southwest of Market Square. Refer to the map at the top of this page.

Urbannizer Sep 12, 2013 7:22 PM

Now proposed at 46-floors / 651' according to the pdf file below (see page nine).

http://www.houstontx.gov/planning/Co...eral_DRAFT.pdf

cloud713 Sep 12, 2013 7:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady (Post 6255674)
I can't tell if this building is north or south of the Market Square development that's been proposed.

its proposed for the block directly south of market square.

some more information on this building was released on page 9 of this pdf. it also revealed another 35 story residential tower in the works.

it appears this tower is now 46 stories, and will be 651' in height. i guess the 725ish estimate was from the 50 story rendering. it will still be a very prominent building from multiple angles though, including the west, north, and north east, like shakman said.
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5493/9...09a0e086_o.png

Urbannizer Mar 6, 2014 11:06 PM

2Q 2017 completion date, meaning construction should begin this year.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2823/1...00f903b1_b.jpg

shakman Mar 6, 2014 11:32 PM

I missed Urbannizer's post giving the height of 651 ft. The height of this tower would currently, key word currently, be the 15th tallest in Houston. This would be between heights of BG Group and First City Tower.

I am super excited for Houston. :yes: :cheers: :worship:


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.