SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Europe (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Skyscrapercity.com II (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=108647)

Chicago Skyline Aug 25, 2006 7:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambaldi
I had absolutely nothing to do today and with SSC being down I went and took some pictures (294 pictures to be precise) :banana:

BTW< Rambaldi, plan on posting your gigantic pix anytime soon here?:haha: :worship:

effer Aug 25, 2006 7:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Skyline
Yea, but I wouldn't want to get on it unless you have some very important PM to send! It is a mirror site with many bugs!:whip:

Are you sure that it's a mirror site?

Rambaldi Aug 25, 2006 8:16 PM

Quote:

BTW< Rambaldi, plan on posting your gigantic pix anytime soon here?:haha: :worship:

I am still resizing them and stuff, will post them on SSC when/if it is fixed :haha:

Mikey Aug 25, 2006 8:20 PM

Just chill out guys...... it will be back :)

Rambaldi Aug 25, 2006 8:32 PM

ok here is one picture :D

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/554/cw2cc5.jpg

effer Aug 25, 2006 8:37 PM

^^ It's beautiful!

Chicago Skyline Aug 25, 2006 8:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambaldi

WOW, that is one nice riverfront skyline!:tup:

I hope SSC down few more days so that you can out more and take more pix!:haha: :cheers:

M II A II R II K Aug 25, 2006 9:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coth
yes. few months ago as i remember. but average number of users online jumped quickly after upgrade from 2000 to 2800.

And in another few months when it goes to 4000 they'll need another upgrade :cool:

Maybe if they pruned it more it would be alot faster, don't think you need threads that haven't been posted in for almost 18 months hanging in there for each forum.

Grumpy Aug 25, 2006 9:32 PM

Recieved this e-mail from Jan:

Hi guys,

Just letting you know the forums are offline because we've been moved to another network, which requires some parts within the servers network to be updated. Also this weekend work on the new database has started, so even if it eventually turns back online, expect some outages and bumpy service. But is should all be for the good. Thanks for the patience!

Cheers,
- Jan

Chicago Skyline Aug 25, 2006 9:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy
Recieved this e-mail from Jan:

Hi guys,

Just letting you know the forums are offline because we've been moved to another network, which requires some parts within the servers network to be updated. Also this weekend work on the new database has started, so even if it eventually turns back online, expect some outages and bumpy service. But is should all be for the good. Thanks for the patience!

Cheers,
- Jan

Thanks Grumpy!:banana: :worship:

saab Aug 25, 2006 9:50 PM

SSC has been offline for over 36 hours now. I honestly can't believe the frequency of "regular maintenece" and other problems plaguing the site.

SSC is broken down so bloody often, it is unbelievable. This time, it is down for 36 hours and counting. A new record. SSC would also have to set the record for being offline the most out of any site on the planet; always, ALWAYS having "regular maintenece" being done (use 'regular' in the literal sense).

The key words in Jans letter are "Bumpy", "outages", "eventually"

I don't like coming here because it is nothing but a yank and canadian joint.

Chicago Skyline Aug 25, 2006 9:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
SSC has been offline for over 36 hours now. I honestly can't believe the frequency of "regular maintenece" and other problems plaguing the site.

SSC is broken down so bloody often, it is unbelievable. This time, it is down for 36 hours and counting. A new record. SSC would also have to set the record for being offline the most out of any site on the planet; always, ALWAYS having "regular maintenece" being done (use 'regular' in the literal sense).

The key words in Jans letter are "Bumpy", "outages", "eventually"

I don't like coming here because it is nothing but a yank and canadian joint.

To be honest with you, with beautiful city such as Melbourne, I would use this opportunity to hang out in the city then up here trolling about SSC because of its current upgrading status...you should expect it to be unreliable for couple more days as Jan indicated and all for the best service than you will ever get. Come on, breathe some fresh air and take some beautiful Melbourne skyline pix to share with us here!:tup: :cheers: :yes:

M II A II R II K Aug 25, 2006 9:54 PM

Well actually this place covers more like the whole Americas.

The service there is free by the way so it's not like anyone's getting ripped off.

saab Aug 25, 2006 9:57 PM

Quote:

To be honest with you, with beautiful city such as Melbourne, I would use this opportunity to hang out in the city then up here trolling about SSC because of its current upgrading status...you should expect it to be unreliable for couple more days as Jan indicated and all for the best service than you will ever get. Come on, breathe some fresh air and take some beautiful Melbourne skyline pix to share with us here!:tup: :cheers: :yes:

It's a clear day today - but I'm not going to Melbourne. So can't take photos.

you can see I don't hang out here often, I've been registered for 10 months and I made only 45 posts.

Rayado df. Aug 25, 2006 10:46 PM

Hi, Really I think SSC is dead because... more than 24 hours being offline..is very strange.... other times had been attacked... but now it have taken more hours and there is not any message gettin into the web site.

firulais Aug 25, 2006 11:16 PM

I got this messege from Jan

Yeah, no worries we've been moved to another network which requires the dns servers to update their data. Plus we're also upgrading hardware at this moment. But were on it. Eventually a improved version should return, so just enjoy the break :)

Cheers,
-Jan

malec Aug 25, 2006 11:28 PM

Just be patient.

saab Aug 25, 2006 11:44 PM

^^a big ask when SSC stuffs up twice a week minimum with lengthy "maintenece" and other bullshit.

Jasonhouse Aug 25, 2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M II A II R II K
And in another few months when it goes to 4000 they'll need another upgrade :cool:

Maybe if they pruned it more it would be alot faster, don't think you need threads that haven't been posted in for almost 18 months hanging in there for each forum.

From what I understand, it really doesn't matter much at SSC, since search is disabled. It's not like here, where search is heavily used, and thus pruning is a priority... And since since SSC has so many forums, the database is automatically unwieldy, even if it was pruned regularly (which greatly pisses off forumers there anyways).

Jasonhouse Aug 26, 2006 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
^^a big ask when SSC stuffs up twice a week minimum with lengthy "maintenece" and other bullshit.

It always amazes me when people bitch when they get something for free and it doesn't meet their standards...

SSC has doubled in size each year since it was created. If Jan didn't periodically shut it down to upgrade it, then it would crash constantly, from the flood of people who go there.

cheers