SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Europe (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Skyscrapercity.com II (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=108647)

Slugbelch Sep 16, 2006 12:27 AM

You don't need to come here to ask about Imre updates.

Just go to his website to see all you want. I'm sure he would enjoy some traffic over there (and so would his advertisers) ;)

TowerPower Sep 16, 2006 12:35 AM

^^ yeah I suppose so. However on Imre's website the pics are posted in small form. Rather than going there and spoiling it for me later I usually like to wait and see the original sizes on SSC.

Sinjin Sep 16, 2006 12:56 AM

"Forums are closed for server maintanance."

Krazy Sep 16, 2006 1:04 AM

im waiting :(

Sinjin Sep 16, 2006 1:07 AM

^ Did Jan mention any definite date/time that SSC would be back? :)

effer Sep 16, 2006 1:31 AM

:hell:

i_am_hydrogen Sep 16, 2006 4:23 AM

Everybody just relax. The server is being hooked up. And when it's complete, SSC will be lightning fast.

Sinjin Sep 16, 2006 4:32 AM

^ I'm patient :D But I'm not so confident about this being lightning fast though ;)

i_am_hydrogen Sep 16, 2006 4:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinjin
^ I'm patient :D But I'm not so confident about this being lightning fast though ;)

Jan gave the new server's specs a few weeks back. It's pretty beefy.

Sinjin Sep 16, 2006 4:49 AM

Oh okay, I failed to read it, we'll just wait and see :cool:

coth Sep 16, 2006 6:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHapp
Come off it, coth, and please quit giggling. There's nothing usual or normal about the constant appearance of that "slight problem with the database" message Grumpy cites on the previoius page. It's certainly normal & usual @ SCity, though. :rolleyes:

A couple of days ago Jan said he'd have to shut the place down again in order to do whatever he has to do in order to achieve smoother performance. So perhaps that's what is going on now.

check the date of my post. i refered just to bug.

CHapp Sep 16, 2006 6:47 AM

:previous: I'm aware of that, coth. Perhaps you should read my post again. Based on your statement I made a general observation about the regularity with which that bug appeared. It was all too frequent, even while SSC was "on." So maybe you can stop giggling now. :)

jef Sep 16, 2006 9:20 AM

Maybe it is down for good now.

Failure occurs quite too often anyway. How long will we have to wait this time?
Grrr...

malec Sep 16, 2006 9:24 AM

I think he's only installing the new server now. After the last SSC down period (the really long one) it wasn't running any faster so you can tell he didn't put up the new server until now.

jan966 Sep 16, 2006 10:12 AM

Everyone is talking about certain mithical Jan. Who is he? I mean at least some basic facts, age, profesion, nationality, citizenship, sex, political affiliation, religion, source of income. Does anyone know his profile?

Bergenser Sep 16, 2006 10:52 AM

SSC is down! Again.....

Jonas Sep 16, 2006 12:48 PM

It seems to be down for a second day in a row. Is it going to work again anytime soon?

DrJoe Sep 16, 2006 1:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen
Everybody just relax. The server is being hooked up. And when it's complete, SSC will be lightning fast.

Fast for about a month and then the whole cycle starts over again.

SrbijaCG Sep 16, 2006 1:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan966
Everyone is talking about certain mithical Jan. Who is he? I mean at least some basic facts, age, profesion, nationality, citizenship, sex, political affiliation, religion, source of income. Does anyone know his profile?

What, would you like to propose to him?:banana: :notacrook: :jester:

SrbijaCG Sep 16, 2006 1:30 PM

I miss my Serbian forum:(