SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   NASHVILLE | Development Showcase (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117104)

arkitekte Aug 30, 2011 9:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5395527)
The developer of Nashville's most successful high-rise luxury condominium, The Adelicia, is planning to construct a 300-unit apartment tower in the core's booming Gulch district.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...ent-tower.html

"Nashville’s first high-rise rental development in more than a decade is slated to be built in the Gulch at a much-discussed two-tower site at 12th Avenue South and Demonbreun Street."

"The 300-unit, amenity-rich project is aimed at the very top tier of the market— so-called "renters by choice," the type of tenants paying nearly $2.50 per square foot to lease high-end condo units. Featuring floor plans larger than other urban Nashville apartments, rents are expected to start around $1,200 and go as high as $4,000. Details of the project are still being tweaked."

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to seeing more about this.

BnaBreaker Aug 30, 2011 10:17 PM

I love that Elliston 23 will take up such a huge plot of empty space. Not to be a downer though, but looking at this picture it makes me sad that Nashville, up until very recently, had such lax standards for development this close to the center of the city. I mean, aside from that tiny one block stretch, there is really nothing there to promote a healthy urban street. It's really a shame that Elliston 23 will be surrounded on all immediate sides with suburban style crap that doesn't come anywhere close to fronting the street. You have to start somewhere, though, and this is one hell of a start.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6185/...785bbc42_b.jpg

futuresooner Aug 31, 2011 4:55 AM

Well, just right of the AT&T service structure is where Elliston Place really gets good and dense then runs into Baptist Medical Center. The other way, left of the site beyond the Hampton Inn & Suites it gets more dense yet again.

You're never going to have the most dense and best developments on all lots, I can say this though, thank god it is another empty, unused lot being filled in with something that isn't a parking lot.

futuresooner Sep 7, 2011 8:33 PM

West End Summit possibly a go this year?

The talk in the development community lately is surrounding the city's largest law firm, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, has been courting the possibility of moving. They're currently located in 170,000 sq. ft. of space in the Nashville City Center on Union Street and have come to the decision to either stay put or become the anchor tenant for the West End Summit once their lease expires in 2014. If they decide to move then construction of the WES will begin almost immediately because this will lock in the necessary piece to secure financing for the development. The Intercontinental Hotel will supposedly begin at the same time, but doubtful the Summit Residences will be included for that tower.

There is no timeline for the decision as the firm is currently listening to proposals of either staying or going. Needless to say, the development and office space community will be watching this very closely in the coming months.

arkitekte Sep 7, 2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5403501)
The talk in the development community lately is surrounding the city's largest law firm, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, has been courting the possibility of moving. They're currently located in 170,000 sq. ft. of space in the Nashville City Center on Union Street and have come to the decision to either stay put or become the anchor tenant for the West End Summit once their lease expires in 2014. If they decide to move then construction of the WES will begin almost immediately because this will lock in the necessary piece to secure financing for the development. The Intercontinental Hotel will supposedly begin at the same time, but doubtful the Summit Residences will be included for that tower.

There is no timeline for the decision as the firm is currently listening to proposals of either staying or going. Needless to say, the development and office space community will be watching this very closely in the coming months.

It would be nice watching West End Summit take form, but what impact would that have on the City Center? Who are the other major tenants there?

futuresooner Sep 8, 2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkitekte (Post 5403683)
It would be nice watching West End Summit take form, but what impact would that have on the City Center? Who are the other major tenants there?

Besides offices for the State of Tennessee and First Tennessee Bank I'm really not sure. If Waller leaves then that puts the building at roughly 30% vacancy, give or take a few points.

I think the big glut of vacancy currently in downtown isn't in the high-profile towers but more of the older classes B and C.

arkitekte Sep 8, 2011 2:11 AM

Would Palmer still include a hotel at WES? What about Marriott still throwing their name around for a new tower around 50 floors? Do you think that will be the other "big" hotel to support the convention center?

futuresooner Sep 8, 2011 3:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkitekte (Post 5403915)
Would Palmer still include a hotel at WES? What about Marriott still throwing their name around for a new tower around 50 floors? Do you think that will be the other "big" hotel to support the convention center?

ICH, the main company running InterContinental Hotels, remains on the lsit for the development so one can assume they're still committed to the site. They admitted they've wanted to get into the Nashville market the past few years because of continued growth not only in tourism but in business and the MCC only is accelerating such development.

The rumored Marriott would go at 8th Ave South and Demonbreun, NW corner of the MCC and is on a lot currently owned by the First Baptist Church of Nashville. They want to sell the lot and are apparently entertaining offers.

Besides that, a new Hill Center (locally based Southeast Venture specializing in urban development) is proposed at 21st Ave South and Broadway, focused at mainly at retail.
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...nYkPVT1A&pli=1

BnaBreaker Sep 8, 2011 3:46 PM

I'm excited about the government building and museum development potential around the mall. I've heard that the new state archives, a new Tennessee state museum, and the National museum of African American music are the most likely to be developed first. Has everyone seen the rendering of the new NMAA? It looks wonderful, although I'm not crazy about the parking lots.

arkitekte Sep 8, 2011 4:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BnaBreaker (Post 5404473)
I'm excited about the government building and museum development potential around the mall. I've heard that the new state archives, a new Tennessee state museum, and the National museum of African American music are the most likely to be developed first. Has everyone seen the rendering of the new NMAA? It looks wonderful, although I'm not crazy about the parking lots.

Any idea on when any of that development is going to start?

Also, any news on the Medical Mart? I know that they're slowly getting smaller tenants, but have they secured any larger ones?

futuresooner Sep 8, 2011 5:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkitekte (Post 5404550)
Any idea on when any of that development is going to start?

Also, any news on the Medical Mart? I know that they're slowly getting smaller tenants, but have they secured any larger ones?

There is no real timeline yet for the NMAAM and I didn't know about a new state museum and state library & archives building.

The Medical Mart is signing small tenants, granted at a slower pace than expected, but it will eventually take shape.

BnaBreaker Sep 8, 2011 6:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5404655)
There is no real timeline yet for the NMAAM and I didn't know about a new state museum and state library & archives building.

The Medical Mart is signing small tenants, granted at a slower pace than expected, but it will eventually take shape.

I'm pretty sure they are both in the infancy in the planning stage, but the plans are in place. I can't find much on the State Museum plans, but Tuck Hinton was already named the architect firm for the new archives building.

Here is a nighttime rendering from Tuck Hinton:

http://www.state.tn.us/tsla/images/NewBldgSmall.jpg

Here is a pdf rendering of the NMAAM for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's the only one I could find. I just realized that this is the back of the building not fronting the street.

http://nashvillepost.com/sites/defau...%20Culture.pdf

arkitekte Sep 8, 2011 11:44 PM

The NMAAM looks really good...can't wait to see more about it in the future.

futuresooner Sep 10, 2011 3:31 PM

Noticed something interesting last night while going to the bars on Church Street, there is fresh construction equipment, a backhoe, bulldozer, large truck, and construction shipping container on site. Those weren't there a few weeks ago, me thinks something is going to be happening at the West End Summit site soon.

futuresooner Sep 17, 2011 4:57 AM

Apparently from the few that are working on the West End Summit site right now they're confirming the rumors, West End Summit is going to get built. Now it would seem to make sense because they're directly employed at the site but until an official announcement is made, I won't put all my eggs in that basket but things appear to be leaning in favor of WES finally after all this time of getting built.

arkitekte Sep 17, 2011 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5413927)
Apparently from the few that are working on the West End Summit site right now they're confirming the rumors, West End Summit is going to get built. Now it would seem to make sense because they're directly employed at the site but until an official announcement is made, I won't put all my eggs in that basket but things appear to be leaning in favor of WES finally after all this time of getting built.

Thanks for posting this! Do you think it will be the same design with two towers, or one larger tower? Either are fine with me, I just hope it doesn't get smaller, which might actually happen.

futuresooner Sep 17, 2011 8:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkitekte (Post 5414360)
Thanks for posting this! Do you think it will be the same design with two towers, or one larger tower? Either are fine with me, I just hope it doesn't get smaller, which might actually happen.

I'm assuming the original design, the main question is with the shorter tower, the one containing the Intercontinental Hotel because above it was supposed to be the Summit Residences, which were going to be very top of the line, sort of like the units at The Adelicia just a handful of blocks away. The residences and hotel were supposed to share the amenities from what I can remember, but like I said the condos are a question.

The WES website remains unchanged, renderings and development partners are still listed as the same.
http://westendsummit.com/flash_conte...h_content.html

arkitekte Sep 18, 2011 5:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5414392)
I'm assuming the original design, the main question is with the shorter tower, the one containing the Intercontinental Hotel because above it was supposed to be the Summit Residences, which were going to be very top of the line, sort of like the units at The Adelicia just a handful of blocks away. The residences and hotel were supposed to share the amenities from what I can remember, but like I said the condos are a question.

The WES website remains unchanged, renderings and development partners are still listed as the same.
http://westendsummit.com/flash_conte...h_content.html

Its been a long time coming, but props to Palmer for keeping this together. Hopefully we will hear an announcement about this in the next few months.

futuresooner Sep 18, 2011 9:26 PM

The 300-unit apartment tower that is proposed for the Gulch is apaprently going to be 23 stories, so not too bad. It is on a higher hill than the rest of the Gulch so it will appear even taller than what it is, much like the downtown skyline. Although I have no idea where the Tennessean got a 2012 completion date, that is next to impossible this late in 2011 when they're just doing simple core drilling at the site as of late.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...text|FRONTPAGE

"Ray Hensler, president of Market Realty Advisors, proposed a 28-story condo tower in the Gulch just as the housing market stumbled. He recently switched the concept to an upscale 23-story, 300-unit apartment project expected for completion in 2012 at 12th Avenue South and Demonbreun. Its price tag will exceed $50 million."

Dale Sep 19, 2011 12:20 AM

Sounds like it's a goer in any case.

arkitekte Sep 19, 2011 2:51 AM

I hope its a goer...there's a lot going down in Nashville right now and a whole lot more about to go down. :)

Dale Sep 19, 2011 2:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkitekte (Post 5415401)
I hope its a goer...there's a lot going down in Nashville right now and a whole lot more about to go down. :)

Do you know something we don't ? :cool:

arkitekte Sep 19, 2011 3:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 5415408)
Do you know something we don't ? :cool:

Haha...nothing that I haven't heard from futuresooner or on other boards...I'm no insider. Lol

futuresooner Sep 19, 2011 8:12 PM

Waller makes their decision, staying put

Well, I wonder if this puts the rumors to rest of the WES getting built as Waller has decided to stay put at the Nashville City Center. A parking garage will be added to the NCC on property that was originally going to be NCC 2.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

"Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP, has signed a letter of intent to renew its 159,000-square-foot, nine-floor lease within the Nashville City Center, the downtown business tower at 511 Union St.

As part of the new 15-year lease, a multi-level parking garage will be added to the Class A office complex by Parmenter Realty Partners, the Florida real estate company that owns the property.

“We decided to renew our lease in the City Center after thoroughly assessing our options, even considering a move to the planned The West End Summit,” said Tishler."

arkitekte Sep 19, 2011 9:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5416167)
Well, I wonder if this puts the rumors to rest of the WES getting built as Waller has decided to stay put at the Nashville City Center. A parking garage will be added to the NCC on property that was originally going to be NCC 2.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

"Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP, has signed a letter of intent to renew its 159,000-square-foot, nine-floor lease within the Nashville City Center, the downtown business tower at 511 Union St.

As part of the new 15-year lease, a multi-level parking garage will be added to the Class A office complex by Parmenter Realty Partners, the Florida real estate company that owns the property.

“We decided to renew our lease in the City Center after thoroughly assessing our options, even considering a move to the planned The West End Summit,” said Tishler."

This certainly doesn't help WES, but I wouldn't say that it would necessarily put it to rest. Although WES is a little bit away from the MCC, the new hotel rooms are still needed and if Palmer can provide affordable apartments along with condos and commercial space, WES could still happen.

I'm thinking that he is gonna try to beat Eakin and some of the other proposed towers in the Gulch out of the ground to persuade buyers.

Dale Sep 19, 2011 10:40 PM

Funny, on UP they're were saying that there is activity on the site.

arkitekte Sep 19, 2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 5416365)

Yeah, I've been reading that over there too...who knows right now, but activity on the site is a plus.

BnaBreaker Sep 20, 2011 1:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 5416365)

I follow the Nashville development thread on skyscrapercity as they usually seem to have the scoop on what's up, and some of them were saying that the site was just being used temporarily as a staging area for construction work on some new water manes down the street. I hope that's not true.

futuresooner Sep 20, 2011 3:52 AM

If I were a betting man, I wouldn't doubt that the new NCC garage could be built to specs to allow for vertical development on top in the future. It would be a very, very smart decision for Parmenter to do as the site is right smack near the epicenter of downtown, which is 4th Ave North & Church St. and is an active area of retail and residential that started nearly across the street with The Cumberland in 1998.

I hope that WES is going to get going, it'd be smart for Palmer to pull the trigger and try to see just how much he can bring in because the site is at a very strategic location, where Broadway splits into West End Avenue.

arkitekte Sep 20, 2011 4:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5416690)
If I were a betting man, I wouldn't doubt that the new NCC garage could be built to specs to allow for vertical development on top in the future. It would be a very, very smart decision for Parmenter to do as the site is right smack near the epicenter of downtown, which is 4th Ave North & Church St. and is an active area of retail and residential that started nearly across the street with The Cumberland in 1998.

I hope that WES is going to get going, it'd be smart for Palmer to pull the trigger and try to see just how much he can bring in because the site is at a very strategic location, where Broadway splits into West End Avenue.

Exactly what I'm thinking about WES. I think Palmer will go ahead and start construction to see what other investors he can get on board...much like he did last time, I just hope this time it actually works, and with the MCC he might be successful.

Any other news on the 300 unit 23 story tower in the Gulch. I read the article, but has a website been launched? Any renderings?

futuresooner Sep 20, 2011 4:35 PM

Vanderbilt replacing outdated Kissam Quad

This will be a very nice addition to the main drag of Midtown, West End Avenue. The current Kissam Quad dates back to the 50s-60s and is pretty much an eyesore at the corner of 21st Ave and West End. Ground breaking is scheduled for next May at a price of $115 million and completion in 2014.

http://news.vanderbilt.edu/2011/05/v...college-halls/

http://news.vanderbilt.edu/files/Kis...e1-585x292.jpg

futuresooner Sep 20, 2011 6:32 PM

On another note concerning the Omni Hotel, the first tower crane base has been installed behind the Country Music Hall of Fame, directly beside 4th Ave South. I'm betting another will be installed across the site on the south end against 5th Ave South.

arkitekte Sep 20, 2011 6:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5417280)
On another note concerning the Omni Hotel, the first tower crane base has been installed behind the Country Music Hall of Fame, directly beside 4th Ave South. I'm betting another will be installed across the site on the south end against 5th Ave South.

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing this thing come into form. Any idea on how close they are to pouring the foundation?

futuresooner Sep 20, 2011 6:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkitekte (Post 5417284)
Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing this thing come into form. Any idea on how close they are to pouring the foundation?

I think it may be as soon as the end of the month but I don't know for certain. Looks like excavation is just about or is complete on site.

arkitekte Sep 22, 2011 7:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5417300)
I think it may be as soon as the end of the month but I don't know for certain. Looks like excavation is just about or is complete on site.

Awesome...its gonna be fun watching the Omni rise along with the other proposals in the Gulch. I'm still holding on hope that WES will be built. With its location, it will look huge from downtown.

futuresooner Sep 26, 2011 2:02 AM

Small photo update

Just a small photo update/tour I was able to gather Wednesday afternoon. I'm very busy right now and it'll take time to get updates on more projects around the area but I'm working on it.

Encore SoBro Condominiums from Demonbreun
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6175/...5a307b49c0.jpg

Pinnacle at Symphony Place at night
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6179/...e2e13099c7.jpg

The Southern Steakhouse & Oyster Bar to occupy the Pinnacle's largest retail space fronting 3rd Ave and Demonbreun
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6179/...429a4e6d_z.jpg

NE corner of the Music City Center
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6158/...faf31647_z.jpg

Horrible pic, but shows glass installation continuing on the north side (main entrance) side of the MCC
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6163/...a1c29ca1e9.jpg

Facade cladding along the north side of MCC.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6157/...b0bb889c_z.jpg

Progress continues on the new section of the east bank part of Riverfront Park. This will include several water features, stage, bridge, and other things. The site used to be an old barge building facitility.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6155/...c053c76b_z.jpg

You can see the MCC between The Pinnacle and Encore. You used to be able to see the Gulch skyline from the bridge, no longer now.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6171/...0fc9120f_z.jpg

The skyline from the east bank on the Shelby Pedestrian Bridge
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6167/...a0177596_b.jpg

futuresooner Sep 27, 2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariesjow (Post 3491162)
New rendering for the Westin (or whatever brand it ends up) on Broadway...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...Westin-new.jpg

such a shame this Westin never came to, it would've been spectacular as a transition between historic Lower Broadway and the modern SoBro district.

arkitekte Sep 27, 2011 2:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5424203)
such a shame this Westin never came to, it would've been spectacular as a transition between historic Lower Broadway and the modern SoBro district.

Exactly where was the site for this project located? Was this gonna be one of the other hotels for the MCC? Also, any news on when an announcement would come? I know that the majority of the new projects in the Gulch are aiming toward condos/ rentals and offices and the Gulch seems like a bit of a walk for some, but where wold the other hotel be located? The parking low directly to the west of Bridgestone? Who was the developer interested in the First Baptist parking lot? Was that aimed toward a hotel of condos?

futuresooner Sep 27, 2011 2:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkitekte (Post 5424347)
Exactly where was the site for this project located? Was this gonna be one of the other hotels for the MCC? Also, any news on when an announcement would come? I know that the majority of the new projects in the Gulch are aiming toward condos/ rentals and offices and the Gulch seems like a bit of a walk for some, but where wold the other hotel be located? The parking low directly to the west of Bridgestone? Who was the developer interested in the First Baptist parking lot? Was that aimed toward a hotel of condos?

It was supposed to be built on a city block bounded by the Shelby Pedestrian Bridge to the south, Broadway on the north fringe, where it actually met, and between 2nd and 3rd Avenues South. The main tower, set back from Broadway, would've sat atop a current surface lot and alley with the NE corner of the property being new but built to character of Lower Broadway. The building at that corner was to be demolished, which still needs to be anyways.

The other MCC hotel is proposed on a surface lot owned by the FBC of Nashville and they're looking to sell it for a decent price. That lot is between 7th and 8th Avenues South and Demonbreun and McGavock, basically the NW corner of the MCC. The lot directly behind the FBC between 7th and 6th is in talks but FBC wants a heavy price because that is their only true parking lot. This site is the rumored 40+ story Marriott or whatever brand.

arkitekte Sep 27, 2011 9:33 PM

^^^Thanks for clearing that up futuresooner...Now, was it FBC that once was looking into building a parking garage, or wanting designated parking in a new garage on their property if sold? I may be imagining this but I wanna say I read it either in an article or on UP. If they do get that and the correct price I see them selling it.

I'm guessing once all this water from the weekend is pumped out and the site dries we will see the foundation being poured for the Omni.

futuresooner Sep 28, 2011 1:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkitekte (Post 5425394)
^^^Thanks for clearing that up futuresooner...Now, was it FBC that once was looking into building a parking garage, or wanting designated parking in a new garage on their property if sold? I may be imagining this but I wanna say I read it either in an article or on UP. If they do get that and the correct price I see them selling it.

I'm guessing once all this water from the weekend is pumped out and the site dries we will see the foundation being poured for the Omni.

From what I know a few years back Metro tried to purchase the lot directly behind the FBC but they refused to sell, stating that Metro was trying to get it on the cheap. Now it is worth much more, a parking garage with designated space for the church would be a smart move, with retail fronting Demonbreun and 8th Ave South. Hopefully it'll come to fruition soon, they can't hold onto that surface lot forever.

BnaBreaker Oct 8, 2011 2:07 AM

Tony G coming back on the scene with this eight story monster called Park 25 in Elliston Place.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/1...tment_building

http://nashvillepost.com/sites/defau...cture%2010.png
Source: Nashville Post

Dale Oct 8, 2011 2:11 AM

Tony G. lives!

arkitekte Oct 8, 2011 3:28 AM

It's about time Tony G. made the news on a positive note again. That'll be some nice infill.

futuresooner Oct 8, 2011 4:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BnaBreaker (Post 5437451)
Tony G coming back on the scene with this eight story monster called Park 25 in Elliston Place.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/1...tment_building

http://nashvillepost.com/sites/defau...cture%2010.png
Source: Nashville Post

So glad to see him back and this is the perfect kind of infill that Nashville needs, especially in Midtown. If he goes with projects like this instead of big, bold projects like Signature Tower or May Town Center, he'll get places and make a much better profit and be sustainable for his business.

I can't wait to see more and larger renders for this, looks very sleek and modern and fits the area perfectly.

BnaBreaker Oct 8, 2011 5:10 AM

It looks to be taking the place of an older brick structure, at least if that rendering is accurate. I like this development a lot, but it is a bit frustrating that he'd choose to demolish a perfectly good building (which is not spectacular by any means, but better than many West End structures) instead of just taking one of the countless empty lots. Oh well.

On another note, it is right next to the Sportsplex, which I spent SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time in as a kid. Lots of good memories of afternoons spent there and across the street in the park.

futuresooner Oct 8, 2011 2:51 PM

The only real valuable thing on the site are the large willow oaks and a magnolia. This place will have excellent park views and ease of access to Vanderbilt and HCA. I wonder if they'll be able to get the overhead power lines underground fronting the street.

While at the Omni site, tower crane #4 is currently going up.

BnaBreaker Oct 8, 2011 4:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 5437846)
The only real valuable thing on the site are the large willow oaks and a magnolia. This place will have excellent park views and ease of access to Vanderbilt and HCA. I wonder if they'll be able to get the overhead power lines underground fronting the street.

While at the Omni site, tower crane #4 is currently going up.

I know, I'm not saying the building is 'valuable', but it's at least semi-attractive brick structure that, unlike the majority of buildings in Nashville, actually faces the street. I just don't understand why it had to go there given all the empty holes in Nashville's urban street wall. Oh well...I'm glad it's being built, regardless of where.

And let's not forget that it's more or less right around the corner from this project, Elliston 23:

http://nashvillepost.com/sites/defau...cture%2030.png

arkitekte Oct 8, 2011 6:49 PM

Hopefully there will be some good activity at street level with these projects. I know its still early for it, but have there been any rumors at what might go at the street level as far as retail or dining?

futuresooner Oct 9, 2011 11:56 PM

Pretty cool today watching new Fifth Third Bank signage getting hoisted and placed by a helicopter atop the Fifth Third Financial Center at 5th & Church. They used the parking lot where Signature Tower was supposed to be built as the staging area.

I got pics and video of the signange flying and a new tour of downtown and updated pics of the MCC and Omni site.