SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   St. John's (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=700)
-   -   [St. John's] Retail Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198935)

suvla85 Jul 14, 2023 4:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr (Post 9991116)
Planet Fitness will open a second location in the Metro St. John's area early in the new year. I was told by a manager at the current location. She was not at liberty to say where at this time as details are still being worked out.

It was in the news a couple of weeks ago. Tech NL Innovation Centre (the old Rona) up in the east end.

wmemeadusjr Aug 11, 2023 11:06 AM

Rooms + Spaces will be opening Monday August 14 in the former Bed Bath & Beyond location at the Village

350pontiac Aug 11, 2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr (Post 10011600)
Rooms + Spaces will be opening Monday August 14 in the former Bed Bath & Beyond location at the Village

it's actually open now. My wife was in there yesterday.

KAO79 Aug 16, 2023 5:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350pontiac (Post 10011617)
it's actually open now. My wife was in there yesterday.

It looks to be about 60% full right now, they are definitely waiting for more stock. So far, it’s laid out exactly the same as BB&B, with very similar products. They are however, part of the ToysRUs family, so they have the back corner (where the wedding registry stuff was) full of toys, board games, Lego and stuffies.

cdotr Aug 20, 2023 5:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAO79 (Post 10014998)
It looks to be about 60% full right now, they are definitely waiting for more stock. So far, it’s laid out exactly the same as BB&B, with very similar products. They are however, part of the ToysRUs family, so they have the back corner (where the wedding registry stuff was) full of toys, board games, Lego and stuffies.

I was there today and was surprised by the Toys R Us section. I hadn't realized it was the same retail group starting this up.

Hopefully they can make it work.

The Pipers store has not yet opened in The Village. The Topsail Rd store has closed.

There are a lot of empty stores in that mall. Sure would be nice if they could secure new retailers. It's probably about half occupancy with the Pipers store. And almost nothing left in the food court except Tim Horton's and Kuma Bento that I noticed.

HockeyMan06 Aug 22, 2023 5:21 PM

Saw a picture on Facebook of the former Walmart on Topsail Road (by the Village) getting repainted. Any word on what's going in there?

J_Murphy Aug 28, 2023 12:05 PM

Anyone know what is going in the new building in Churchill Square? I've heard rumour that Shoppers is moving over, but haven't heard anything official on that. I think there are a few other retail spaces there.

The building is supposed to be open in the fall.

wmemeadusjr Aug 30, 2023 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Murphy (Post 10025088)
Anyone know what is going in the new building in Churchill Square? I've heard rumour that Shoppers is moving over, but haven't heard anything official on that. I think there are a few other retail spaces there.

The building is supposed to be open in the fall.

Red panels are being installed on the bottom floor. Shoppers colours I can assume?

Larla77 Aug 30, 2023 3:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr (Post 10026936)
Red panels are being installed on the bottom floor. Shoppers colours I can assume?

The shoppers drug mart sign is up on the space now.

J_Murphy Aug 30, 2023 5:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larla77 (Post 10027165)
The shoppers drug mart sign is up on the space now.

Yes, I noticed just last night. It must have went up yesterday or day before.

This means that the current Shoppers space in the square will open up. Hoping to see a good restaurant or even a small supermarket open up in that space.

NLResident Aug 31, 2023 5:03 PM

Pipers open in The Village

Pipers is now open in The Village Mall. Former covid vaccaine spot. Has access inside and outside the mall

J_Murphy Sep 13, 2023 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Murphy (Post 10027305)
Yes, I noticed just last night. It must have went up yesterday or day before.

This means that the current Shoppers space in the square will open up. Hoping to see a good restaurant or even a small supermarket open up in that space.

New Shoppers in Churchill Square is opening tomorrow morning.

the_nomad Sep 26, 2023 2:15 PM

Avalon Mall

Looks like Pandora will be coming to the Avalon Mall.
(https://www.crombie.ca/wp-content/up...09-20-2023.pdf)

wmemeadusjr Oct 10, 2023 4:49 PM

Marks has closed 2 stores. The Mount Pearl store is closed while it moves to the soon to be opened Galway location. The Stavanger Drive location is permanently closed and for lease. The Mount Pearl spot is already leased to Mark's sister brand Party City to open in 2024. The Kelsey Drive location will remain and is the only one open in the meantime.

PoscStudent Oct 12, 2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr (Post 10056424)
Marks has closed 2 stores. The Mount Pearl store is closed while it moves to the soon to be opened Galway location. The Stavanger Drive location is permanently closed and for lease. The Mount Pearl spot is already leased to Mark's sister brand Party City to open in 2024. The Kelsey Drive location will remain and is the only one open in the meantime.

Had no idea the Stavanger location had closed. Interesting considering there’s no other Marks nearby.

cdotr Oct 15, 2023 1:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoscStudent (Post 10057648)
Had no idea the Stavanger location had closed. Interesting considering there’s no other Marks nearby.

To mainlanders everything is nearby in St. John’s. So the fact you have to drive 5-10 mins to get to another Marks doesn’t matter to them.

I remember when Marks was in the Avalon Mall then moved to Freshwater Rd. It was the only one we had. Then we ended up with 3!

the_nomad Oct 16, 2023 7:11 PM

I believe it started in the lower level of the Village, near where Payless Shoes used to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdotr (Post 10059649)
To mainlanders everything is nearby in St. John’s. So the fact you have to drive 5-10 mins to get to another Marks doesn’t matter to them.

I remember when Marks was in the Avalon Mall then moved to Freshwater Rd. It was the only one we had. Then we ended up with 3!

wmemeadusjr Oct 17, 2023 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_nomad (Post 10060334)
I believe it started in the lower level of the Village, near where Payless Shoes used to be.

Mark's have been everywhere over the years.
Mark's once had a location at Sobey's Square.
They also had a location in front of the Avalon Mall. The building they were in originally housed a small supermarket called Lo Food. The last thing to occupy the building was Kenmount Bingo before it was demolished. McDonald's now sits on the site.

Offshore1 Oct 19, 2023 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr (Post 10060671)
Mark's have been everywhere over the years.
Mark's once had a location at Sobey's Square.
They also had a location in front of the Avalon Mall. The building they were in originally housed a small supermarket called Lo Food. The last thing to occupy the building was Kenmount Bingo before it was demolished. McDonald's now sits on the site.

In several mainland cities I've seen Marks stores either adjacent to or as part of Canadian Tire stores. Not surprising since Canadian Tire purchased them 20 years ago.
With no coverage on that end of the city now it wouldn't be out of the question for them to do that at the Hebron Way Canadian Tire. Haven't heard any rumours - just musing.:shrug:

Crisisnf Oct 20, 2023 2:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offshore1 (Post 10062613)
In several mainland cities I've seen Marks stores either adjacent to or as part of Canadian Tire stores. Not surprising since Canadian Tire purchased them 20 years ago.
With no coverage on that end of the city now it wouldn't be out of the question for them to do that at the Hebron Way Canadian Tire. Haven't heard any rumours - just musing.:shrug:

I was thinking the same thing.