SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   My City Photos (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   Bonjour Québec City! (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=240207)

FrAnKs Sep 2, 2019 6:01 PM

Bonjour Québec City!
 
1)
https://i.postimg.cc/YCbhtcHT/1.jpg
2)
https://i.postimg.cc/Kj2ZnQbn/2.jpg
3)
https://i.postimg.cc/B6Ws0NXd/3.jpg
4)
https://i.postimg.cc/c41W0vL4/4.jpg
5)
https://i.postimg.cc/qRXfdrf3/5.jpg
6)
https://i.postimg.cc/gJp5s7wk/6.jpg
7)
https://i.postimg.cc/DyNMH0WN/7.jpg
8)
https://i.postimg.cc/02hVZ4FR/8.jpg
9)
https://i.postimg.cc/vTktq1PL/9.jpg
10)
https://i.postimg.cc/2Sf41Ng6/10.jpg
11)
https://i.postimg.cc/Z0zyv67g/11.jpg
12)
https://i.postimg.cc/B6yY8Zry/12.jpg
13)
https://i.postimg.cc/YCkXLsPp/13.jpg
14)
https://i.postimg.cc/Kvb70gDf/14.jpg
15)
https://i.postimg.cc/NM19XpSc/15.jpg
16)
https://i.postimg.cc/SRgKL5Gw/16.jpg
17)
https://i.postimg.cc/mkgLrjGV/17.jpg
18)
https://i.postimg.cc/R014QySX/18.jpg
19)
https://i.postimg.cc/kGB0ZpCr/19.jpg
20)
https://i.postimg.cc/SKdHKhNF/20.jpg
21)
https://i.postimg.cc/HxVHDx0P/21.jpg22)
22)
https://i.postimg.cc/XY4bNxc5/22.jpg
23)
https://i.postimg.cc/hvTkc7XM/23.jpg
24)
https://i.postimg.cc/zG09zNfm/24.jpg
25)
https://i.postimg.cc/yYTGjKcJ/25.jpg
26)
https://i.postimg.cc/YSTD0CKP/26.jpg
27)
https://i.postimg.cc/ncnRCWgn/27.jpg
28)
https://i.postimg.cc/cC0mtKDF/28.jpg
29)
https://i.postimg.cc/76y1jGyq/29.jpg
30)
https://i.postimg.cc/x86Kk6Nd/30.jpg
31)
https://i.postimg.cc/yYNhqC23/31.jpg
32)
https://i.postimg.cc/Zq6pPbv2/32.jpg
33)
https://i.postimg.cc/wTPmSyhn/33.jpg
34)
https://i.postimg.cc/KcpkMks4/34.jpg
35)
https://i.postimg.cc/N0xLf5Hs/35.jpg
36)
https://i.postimg.cc/BnTnMXNT/36.jpg
37)
https://i.postimg.cc/Y2TFPLNZ/37.jpg
38)
https://i.postimg.cc/50TXDDzL/38.jpg
39)
https://i.postimg.cc/jjjC2RQy/39.jpg
40)
https://i.postimg.cc/L6BsVJxz/40.jpg
41)
https://i.postimg.cc/k4bJRGVR/41.jpg
42)
https://i.postimg.cc/fRqDHmm0/42.jpg
43)
https://i.postimg.cc/jS1Y6KYH/43.jpg
44)
https://i.postimg.cc/3NYsrx2T/44.jpg
45)
https://i.postimg.cc/TYy9LXQM/45.jpg
46)
https://i.postimg.cc/bwx1kYtM/46.jpg
47)
https://i.postimg.cc/LXXPczbK/47.jpg
48)
https://i.postimg.cc/prjJSfmV/48.jpg
49)
https://i.postimg.cc/Hs4Q7s5N/49.jpg
50)
https://i.postimg.cc/FRp4LSrR/50.jpg
51)
https://i.postimg.cc/Vv2HrsCv/51.jpg
52)
https://i.postimg.cc/nLnSQPC4/52.jpg
53)
https://i.postimg.cc/qB9TCp02/53.jpg
54)
https://i.postimg.cc/6Q5JN3Lx/54.jpg
55)
https://i.postimg.cc/VLj3rMKc/55.jpg
56)
https://i.postimg.cc/L8DwvSdC/56.jpg
57)
https://i.postimg.cc/B6rVtQD6/57.jpg
58)
https://i.postimg.cc/KvrHvbYG/58.jpg
59)
https://i.postimg.cc/6qKfD7nd/59.jpg
60)
https://i.postimg.cc/pXqJ6LTF/60.jpg
61)
https://i.postimg.cc/tg0ZrKh6/61.jpg
62)
https://i.postimg.cc/kGZX2SsS/62.jpg
63)
https://i.postimg.cc/BvgSxkN4/63.jpg
64)
https://i.postimg.cc/02w9tbZt/64.jpg
65)
https://i.postimg.cc/c4wrv9q4/65.jpg
66)
https://i.postimg.cc/8PQCgRF8/66.jpg
67)
https://i.postimg.cc/9M9jLkYD/67.jpg
68)
https://i.postimg.cc/rp06pHbf/68.jpg
69)
https://i.postimg.cc/brLVg0WG/69.jpg
70)
https://i.postimg.cc/1X4Dxp4V/70.jpg
71)
https://i.postimg.cc/cJ9QF9LG/71.jpg
72)
https://i.postimg.cc/JnSjLsXT/72.jpg
73)
https://i.postimg.cc/DzMXrSx2/73.jpg
74)
https://i.postimg.cc/nhdjxsbv/74.jpg
75)
https://i.postimg.cc/KvxRg7mP/75.jpg
76)
https://i.postimg.cc/kMF59VWB/76.jpg
77)
https://i.postimg.cc/sXzR0c6K/77.jpg
78)
https://i.postimg.cc/BZMGM2xc/78.jpg
79)
https://i.postimg.cc/fbn4JCNZ/79.jpg
80)
https://i.postimg.cc/wv2n4dsT/80.jpg
81)
https://i.postimg.cc/m2JJ5jhM/81.jpg
82)
https://i.postimg.cc/bJmFHHKZ/82.jpg

Thanks for stopping by :)

xzmattzx Sep 3, 2019 4:33 AM

Nice pictures! I always like seeing Quebec City on here.

Where is the Quebec YMCA located?

FrAnKs Sep 3, 2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xzmattzx (Post 8675955)
Nice pictures! I always like seeing Quebec City on here.

Where is the Quebec YMCA located?

Thank you!

The YMCA was once located here in the Upper Town : https://www.google.com/maps/@46.8125...7i13312!8i6656
It will now move here in the Lower Town in a brand new building : https://www.google.com/maps/@46.8137...7i13312!8i6656

xzmattzx Sep 10, 2019 6:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrAnKs (Post 8676670)
Thank you!

The YMCA was once located here in the Upper Town : https://www.google.com/maps/@46.8125...7i13312!8i6656
It will now move here in the Lower Town in a brand new building : https://www.google.com/maps/@46.8137...7i13312!8i6656

Interesting. I walked right next to the old YMCA a couple years ago, but didn't know it. But that was probably because it was shrouded in construction stuff.

Where did you take #46 from?

FrAnKs Sep 11, 2019 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xzmattzx (Post 8683120)
Interesting. I walked right next to the old YMCA a couple years ago, but didn't know it. But that was probably because it was shrouded in construction stuff.

Where did you take #46 from?

Yes, during the construction they have made a temporary pedestrian tunnel to protect peds from falling objects, so you probably did not see the building.

#46 was taken from up there : https://www.google.com/maps/@46.8088...7i13312!8i6656

bilbao58 Sep 11, 2019 1:04 AM

An area that looks interesting to me, at least from looking at Google street view, is the Saint-Jean-Baptiste area. https://goo.gl/maps/m8RUzPoSjgrZnuN79 Dropped pin
Near Deligny, Québec, QC G1R 3A5, Canada

IMBY Sep 20, 2019 4:24 PM

Interesting tour, thanks! I didn't realize Quebec City was surrounded by high hills.

geomorph Dec 2, 2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrAnKs (Post 8675675)

This is my favorite shot. Thank you for an excellent variety of images from this great city.

FrAnKs Dec 15, 2019 5:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilbao58 (Post 8683593)
An area that looks interesting to me, at least from looking at Google street view, is the Saint-Jean-Baptiste area. https://goo.gl/maps/m8RUzPoSjgrZnuN79 Dropped pin
Near Deligny, Québec, QC G1R 3A5, Canada

Yes indeed! This is the city's densest neighbourhood :)

FrAnKs Dec 15, 2019 5:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMBY (Post 8693475)
Interesting tour, thanks! I didn't realize Quebec City was surrounded by high hills.

Yes absolutely! Not very big mountains such as the Rockies, but still decently sized hills between 1000 and 4000ft. just off the city.

FrAnKs Dec 15, 2019 5:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geomorph (Post 8764902)
This is my favorite shot. Thank you for an excellent variety of images from this great city.

Thanks!:cheers:

tdawg Dec 15, 2019 8:46 PM

I love all the grey stone. It's a feature really unique to the cities of the Province of Quebec.

FrAnKs Dec 15, 2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdawg (Post 8776771)
I love all the grey stone. It's a feature really unique to the cities of the Province of Quebec.

Really that much? I bet in most places you will rather see brown bricks?

Echoes Dec 16, 2019 9:00 PM

Great tour of a beautiful city!

FrAnKs Dec 17, 2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echoes (Post 8777560)
Great tour of a beautiful city!

Thank you! Ever visited?

mrnyc Dec 17, 2019 4:39 PM

wow nice pics -- i hope you add to this when you can -- i want to come up in the winter for sure! :tup:

Echoes Dec 17, 2019 5:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrAnKs (Post 8777845)
Thank you! Ever visited?

Yes, in 2016. Would happily visit again any time.

FrAnKs Dec 19, 2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrnyc (Post 8778348)
wow nice pics -- i hope you add to this when you can -- i want to come up in the winter for sure! :tup:

Good idea! I think I've never made a thread in winter. Thanks for the suggestion!

FrAnKs Dec 19, 2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echoes (Post 8778437)
Yes, in 2016. Would happily visit again any time.

Nice! You're always welcome :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.