SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

zahav Jul 5, 2018 7:13 AM

They apparently are planning a PIK project on Level 4 for domestic transfers, not sure when it's opening though :(

thenoflyzone Jul 5, 2018 8:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mezzanine (Post 8241221)
I don't see any PIKS in that photo. Is that pre-kiosk?

..

Yes, pre-kiosk. The pic was taken in summer 2016, so no PIK units yet. Just some old units in the upper right hand side. You can see some green lights. Those are it.

The Chemist Jul 5, 2018 10:46 PM

Do the PIKs accept foreign passports, or only Canadian? I'll be travelling through Vancouver next week on my way back to Calgary, but my daughter is coming with me and she's a Chinese national so I 'm not looking forward to the customs in Vancouver.

thenoflyzone Jul 5, 2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chemist (Post 8242657)
Do the PIKs accept foreign passports, or only Canadian? I'll be travelling through Vancouver next week on my way back to Calgary, but my daughter is coming with me and she's a Chinese national so I 'm not looking forward to the customs in Vancouver.

Yes they accept foreign passports.

thenoflyzone Jul 6, 2018 12:25 PM

OAG released its annual on-time performance rating for airlines and airports. The reference period is June 2017-May 2018. Airports in the prairies lead the way, whereas both Toronto airports are in the gutter reference their OTP. As for airlines, WS is the best, Air Inuit the worse. But not all airlines are on there.

https://www.oag.com/on-time-performa...r-ratings-2018

whywhyzee Jul 6, 2018 5:02 PM

Austrian is adding one additional frequency on the VIE-YYZ route for winter. This changes the route frequency to 5x weekly.

zahav Jul 6, 2018 8:24 PM

Air Canada's YVR-YYZ route is the 9th highest revenue route in the world:

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/world...-2018-airlines

Quite a prestigious list, nice to have a Canadian route included. And remember, this is just Air Canada, there's also Westjet with about 11 daily and sometimes Sunwing and Transat. See above link and list below:

1. British Airways - New York JFK to London Heathrow: $1.04 billion
2. Qantas Airways - Melbourne to Sydney, $855 million
3. Emirates - London Heathrow to Dubai, $819 million
4. Singapore Airlines - London Heathrow to Singapore, $710 million
5. American Airlines - Los Angeles LAX to New York JFK, $698 million
6. United Airlines - San Francisco to Newark, $688 million
7. Cathay Pacific Airways - Hong Kong to London Heathrow, $632 million
8. Qatar Airways - London Heathrow to Doha, $553 million
9. Air Canada - Vancouver to Toronto Pearson, $552 million
10. Singapore Airlines - Sydney to Singapore, $544 million

cyeg66 Jul 6, 2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zahav (Post 8243618)
Air Canada's YVR-YYZ route is the 9th highest revenue route in the world:

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/world...-2018-airlines

Quite a prestigious list, nice to have a Canadian route included. And remember, this is just Air Canada, there's also Westjet with about 11 daily and sometimes Sunwing and Transat. See above link and list below:

1. British Airways - New York JFK to London Heathrow: $1.04 billion
2. Qantas Airways - Melbourne to Sydney, $855 million
3. Emirates - London Heathrow to Dubai, $819 million
4. Singapore Airlines - London Heathrow to Singapore, $710 million
5. American Airlines - Los Angeles LAX to New York JFK, $698 million
6. United Airlines - San Francisco to Newark, $688 million
7. Cathay Pacific Airways - Hong Kong to London Heathrow, $632 million
8. Qatar Airways - London Heathrow to Doha, $553 million
9. Air Canada - Vancouver to Toronto Pearson, $552 million
10. Singapore Airlines - Sydney to Singapore, $544 million


TOR-YUL $34.62? :haha:

thenoflyzone Jul 7, 2018 2:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyeg66 (Post 8243761)
TOR-YUL $34.62? :haha:

34 whole dollars? :cheers:

On a more serious note, it's probably the second highest revenue earner for AC. Would love to see the numbers.
.
.
.

Earlier this week Level started ORY-YUL. Inaugural had 300 passengers on board. (a 96% LF)

http://www.travelweek.ca/news/levels...ght-takes-off/

Paris-Montreal now has 5 carriers. AC, TS, AF, Corsair and Level. Good for passengers, as prices will be competitive, but puts pressure on airlines, as their yields will suffer.

https://montrealgazette.com/business...air-france-klm

London-Toronto also has 5 carriers. AC, WS, BA, TS and Primera. We already know Rouge canceled YYZ-LGW for this summer. Seems BA is struggling with the route also.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...0d2a924a7c76cd

zahav Jul 7, 2018 10:08 PM

I didn't even realize AC Rouge withdrew from Gatwick, that was quiet indeed. Of all the routes for them to cut, this one did make the most sense. We'll see if BA sticks around on it for next year. Airlines like Primera are very sketchy, if you follow Airlineroute.net they have updates on them changing schedules all the time, who knows what they will do. Ultimately the pie on some of these routes isn't THAT big and these airlines are just driving each other down.

EdmontonTraveller Jul 9, 2018 7:39 PM

Are all CDN pre-clearance locations now set up for CATSA screening first, then CBP inspection? Or is there still a location where the order is reversed - CBP first, then security? Info for a queue-wait-time project.

SignalHillHiker Jul 11, 2018 4:45 PM

Departures portion of the expansion of YYT opened today. A few pics from FB.

http://i64.tinypic.com/i6a8p1.jpg

I'm pleased with how Yellowbelly looks. I know it's only chain restauraunt quality but it actually looks a lot like their Public House and Takeaway on Water Street. Tickles me. Curious to see NL Chocolate Company too.

http://i64.tinypic.com/smwugw.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/mvoxv8.jpg

SpongeG Jul 12, 2018 5:56 AM

YVR's BorderXpress kiosks: Installed for first time in Europe

July 10, 2018 · The YVR Blog team

http://www.yvr.ca/-/media/yvr/blog/2...989E317CEDCDDD

Some exciting news for YVR today – our very own Innovative Travel Solutions (ITS) celebrated the installation of 74 BorderXpress kiosks at Pafos International Airport and Larnaka International Airport in Cyprus. This marks a major milestone for not only ITS but also the whole industry as this marks the first implementation of permanent kiosks for Entry and Exit border control in all of Europe.

BorderXpress uses self-service biometric-enabled kiosks to expedite the border clearance process without compromising security. This home-grown technology has proven success in 39 other airport and seaport locations across North America and the Caribbean and allow ports to increase passenger traffic and reduce wait times – all without having to add additional space or staffing resources. BorderXpress kiosks provide a modern and efficient experience, and are a smart choice for airports and governments as they help to reduce overall operating costs and allow airports to expand passenger traffic without having to add additional space or staffing resources. The kiosks also free up border security officers to focus more closely on enforcement and intelligence efforts.

...

http://www.yvr.ca/en/blog/2018/its-cypress-launch

lubicon Jul 12, 2018 4:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmontonTraveller (Post 8245746)
Are all CDN pre-clearance locations now set up for CATSA screening first, then CBP inspection? Or is there still a location where the order is reversed - CBP first, then security? Info for a queue-wait-time project.

I'm going strictly by memory but IIRC everything has been changed so CBP is always after CATSA and this was by demand from CBP. They did not want their agents exposed to passengers who had not been screened first as a safety measure.

Wpg_Guy Jul 12, 2018 10:52 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhxqIGrUEAA9txe.jpg
@PCLConstruction
Jul 10
More
#DYK Pier D will be @yvrairport’s largest terminal expansion since 1996? ✈️ #PCLBC

msmariner Jul 13, 2018 1:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy (Post 8249448)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhxqIGrUEAA9txe.jpg
@PCLConstruction
Jul 10
More
#DYK Pier D will be @yvrairport’s largest terminal expansion since 1996? ✈️ #PCLBC

Great looking expansion. Wonder what it’ll cost the communities to the south to build those mountains. Not sure there’s even a mound over and definitely no hills like the pic shows

DrNest Jul 13, 2018 3:28 AM

Sad news out of Buttonville today. Thoughts are with the pilot's family, first responders and the controllers that witnessed it.
one-person-killed-in-plane-crash-at-buttonville-airport

osirisboy Jul 13, 2018 4:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy (Post 8249448)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhxqIGrUEAA9txe.jpg
@PCLConstruction
Jul 10
More
#DYK Pier D will be @yvrairport’s largest terminal expansion since 1996? ✈️ #PCLBC

Seriously? The largest since 96?? They are only adding 4 gates

SpongeG Jul 13, 2018 5:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmariner (Post 8249563)
Great looking expansion. Wonder what it’ll cost the communities to the south to build those mountains. Not sure there’s even a mound over and definitely no hills like the pic shows

those mounds in the background are the gulf islands, i think the biggest hump is salt spring

whywhyzee Jul 13, 2018 12:21 PM

The next phase of moderate expansion at YYZ is taking shape. Tomorrow, they commission gates 247, 249, 251, 253, and 255 on the east side of the F pier commuter area. So I hear, next will be finishing the expansion of this pier to the south, and presumably preparing to begin construction of the H pier which I imagine will take place next year.


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.