SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   NEW YORK | 111 W 57th St | 1,428 FT | 85 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198228)

NYguy Dec 17, 2013 1:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPro (Post 6376425)
Well, yes...but I meant by way of clarification how this'll look superimposed on the skyline from more or less the same vantage point.

Well, it depends, but using the your imagination, it will be about 300 ft or so taller than One57. The picture you posted is an extreme view, you won't see many pics from that exact vantage point, but it will be about as tall as 432 Park and nearly as tall as the Nordstrom tower.

Submariner Dec 17, 2013 1:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYguy (Post 6376405)
Things have been quiet on that front. I'm taking that as a good sign.

In a way, it makes sense. Look at 56 Leonard, 39 Park Street, 432 Park, One57, 111W 57th, Tower Verre, etc. All of these ultra-high end buildings come with architectural flair and style. Even if you're not a fan of the design, they're certainly not bland glass boxes. If I were in that market, and sadly, I am not, I would like by building have a bit of style to it, especially if I am laying out anywhere between 5 and 90 million.

NYguy Dec 17, 2013 1:35 AM

^ The way that market is shaping up, in that particular area of Manhattan, you really do need an attention grabber. Height alone won't do it, because they're all tall.

JayPro Dec 17, 2013 3:52 PM

@NYGuy:
I agree with you on all that. It's just that sometimes people take skyline pics from odd angles that make everything line up "just right".
That pic will demonstrate this phenomenon to the proverbial tee once both towers are well towards completed.

King DenCity Dec 17, 2013 6:45 PM

This is my favorite NYC building as of now. Sorry to you TV lovers but this is the best for me ;)

Blaze23 Dec 18, 2013 2:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King DenCity (Post 6377276)
This is my favorite NYC building as of now. Sorry to you TV lovers but this is the best for me ;)

No offense taken, this tower's a masterpiece. It's not like you're picking that disaster of a rendering of the Nordstrom tower over TV. The thing that makes this and TV stand out is the level of details on those towers; TV with its dark metal and glass facade that exposes the structure of the building as well as the artful interiors, Steinway for its undulating Terra cotta and glass facade along with that lean figure and how it integrates the Steinway building to the design. You don't see that amount of details in new buildings these days, where the sole focus is on creating something over the top that catches the public's eye. This in fact is the only reason I have TV ahead of Steinway, along with its level of details, its frame is as unique as it gets, while the stepped facade of Steinway is not necessarily new, tho it looks stunning and is quite well executed. But either way, I'm glad both of those masterpieces will be rising in the city.

King DenCity Dec 18, 2013 6:07 AM

^Good! If anyone said Nordstrom tower will be the best tower (not that I think anyone would.) i would slap them through the computer. And TV is also pretty amazing. This just has a more classic NYC look to it and TV is more of a "Fresh New Angular NYC" look.

NYguy Dec 19, 2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPro (Post 6377023)
@NYGuy:
I agree with you on all that. It's just that sometimes people take skyline pics from odd angles that make everything line up "just right".
That pic will demonstrate this phenomenon to the proverbial tee once both towers are well towards completed.

I know what you mean, I've taken a few pics myself from the 57th street angle. what I'm saying is that it's a very specific point you have to get to in order to get that exact vantage point. The Manhattan skyline is so large that most people won't go through the trouble of trying to get that specific shot. But the canyon (close up) views of it will be fantastic.

ILNY Dec 23, 2013 6:22 AM

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7329/1...e6bf1711_b.jpg

This lot is scary small. If you think 432 is skinny this footprint looks much smaller.
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5544/1...49b7af87_b.jpg

King DenCity Dec 23, 2013 3:15 PM

at first when this goes up people will be thinking it's just a little highrise or something, and then, BOOM it gets taller than all the buildings right around it and they'll be all like WHAT!? the same wil happen with nordstrom tower except it's not as nice.

Busy Bee Dec 23, 2013 5:01 PM

The tower is wider than the lot width, it overlaps into the Steinway lot behind it's protected section.

Design-mind Dec 24, 2013 2:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILNY (Post 6383193)

ILNY the updates from yesterday - Phenomenal!:worship:

Did you happen get the completion date off this sign June 201?:???:

NYguy Dec 24, 2013 3:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busy Bee (Post 6383494)
The tower is wider than the lot width, it overlaps into the Steinway lot behind it's protected section.

That's correct.

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/152531302/original.jpg

SkyscrapersOfNewYork Dec 24, 2013 5:49 AM

Did it get thicker?

NYguy Dec 24, 2013 4:14 PM

^ No, it's always been that way since they moved to the taller tower.

Perklol Dec 25, 2013 10:42 AM

Hmm when did they get financed? It's good to go with the TV and 220.

ILNY Dec 25, 2013 6:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Design-mind (Post 6384146)
ILNY the updates from yesterday - Phenomenal!:worship:

Did you happen get the completion date off this sign June 201?:???:

Thanks, Unfortunately I did not get clear picture of this board but start date is 2014 and completion date states 2016. I think it will not be before 2017 that this tower is ready for tenants.

supertallchaser Dec 25, 2013 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILNY (Post 6385200)
Thanks, Unfortunately I did not get clear picture of this board but start date is 2014 and completion date states 2016. I think it will not be before 2017 that this tower is ready for tenants.

that sounds like a good time frame it will be a great landmark when finished :tup:

Onn Dec 25, 2013 10:53 PM

Wonderful to see the progress on site! Always feels good to have a render on the fence! Can't wait for this, so exciting! :D

wilfredo267 Dec 26, 2013 3:54 PM

ls this financed? l love this building.