SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   NHL 2012-2013 thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200039)

Mister F Feb 10, 2013 3:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 6008996)
Good lord... do Leafs fans realize that EVERY biting incident happens because a player has a hand or fingers in the opponent's face?

Stop making excuses for Grabovski, it's pathetic.

Seriously, watch the footage. Pacioretti grabbed Grabovski's face from behind with enough force to knock him down. How do you avoid biting when you're falling down with someone's arm jammed into your mouth?

Not that I expected a Canadiens loss without the usual whining.

You Need A Thneed Feb 10, 2013 4:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 6009141)
That's how we've always played. Even without our second line, we'll still play solid.

The difference between the Oilers and Flames vs Canucks is our defense. Tambellini has to have the balls to make a trade for some solid defensemen, instead of sitting back and collecting high draft picks year after year, otherwise you will never beat us.

The Flames are truly lost.

The comment was about diving. The Canucks still do plenty of it.

theman23 Feb 10, 2013 4:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 6008996)
Good lord... do Leafs fans realize that EVERY biting incident happens because a player has a hand or fingers in the opponent's face?

Stop making excuses for Grabovski, it's pathetic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCtjQemCIAAyBdl.png

Can you read, or are you just stupid?

I said he put his arm inside his mouth, not his face. There's a difference. Players don't put their appendages inside each others mouths during scrums.

And he didn't just put it in there for a momentary second - he jammed it in there, and then grabbed Grabovski's helmet to lock it in.

There's no evidence of a biting motion - all we see is Pacioretty jamming his arm into Grabovski's mouth, and then Grabovski falling down. You try jamming your arm inside someones mouth and then taking them to the ground - see if you can do that without getting any teeth marks.

Jesus christ, Montreal fans are salty. Your team got spanked, deal with it. Preferably without calling the cops this time.

Deepstar Feb 10, 2013 4:50 PM

Last year I thought the Flames were truly lost, but I don't feel the same this year. While Feaster hasn't scrapped the team for a re-build, there is more focus on younger players. I feel some hope for the coming years, even for this season.

The score last night didn't at all reflect the play in the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by logan5 (Post 6009141)
That's how we've always played. Even without our second line, we'll still play solid.

The difference between the Oilers and Flames vs Canucks is our defense. Tambellini has to have the balls to make a trade for some solid defensemen, instead of sitting back and collecting high draft picks year after year, otherwise you will never beat us.

The Flames are truly lost.

Monctoncore Feb 10, 2013 10:39 PM

After watching last nights game, I was right Montreal, can't handle bigger teams, and then the interviews after makes me laugh, Gorges calling players out, he's the one who went after Orr, then hearing Price talk about the goons taking over, Prust was the one who was going for heads and trying to take out the leafs "top players". All I can say is coming from a Bruins fan, the Habs players didn't want to admit to there loss so, they made excuses by saying the goons caused problems.... They aren't goons because they are bigger than you and faster... It means they are better.

Denscity Feb 10, 2013 11:41 PM

Vancouver beats Calgary and now has five wins in a row. Hottest team in the league for now. :tup:

Coldrsx Feb 11, 2013 2:13 AM

Finally a good win by the oil.

Nicko999 Feb 11, 2013 4:30 AM

I can't believe Leafs fans are defending the bite.

You guys were BY FAR the best team and deserved the win. We didn't show up and we have no excuse. But don't defend the biting... it was a BS play from a BS player.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the 2 pts by the Leafs.

Mister F Feb 11, 2013 5:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 6009937)

You guys were BY FAR the best team and deserved the win. We didn't show up and we have no excuse. But don't defend the biting... it was a BS play from a BS player.

Seriously, I'd like to see you try to take a guy down by his mouth and see if you don't get any teeth marks in your arm. Anyway, I just saw the clip again. Pacioretti's arm was jammed against Graboski's mouth and nose and he was yanking his head to the side. So let's see - cheap shot from behind, restricted breathing, and possible spinal injury. If anyone should be getting disciplined it's Pacioretti.

Nicko999 Feb 11, 2013 7:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister F (Post 6009971)
Seriously, I'd like to see you try to take a guy down by his mouth and see if you don't get any teeth marks in your arm. Anyway, I just saw the clip again. Pacioretti's arm was jammed against Graboski's mouth and nose and he was yanking his head to the side. So let's see - cheap shot from behind, restricted breathing, and possible spinal injury. If anyone should be getting disciplined it's Pacioretti.

:rolleyes: Pacioretty was trying to prevent Grabovski from giving free shots at Prust (who was being hold by the ref). It's no different than your typical facewash.

MrOilers Feb 11, 2013 3:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denscity (Post 6009660)
Hottest team in the league for now. :tup:

No, that would be Chicago. Nobody has beaten them in 60 minutes this year.

MrOilers Feb 11, 2013 4:02 PM

Pacioretty is a toolbag, and aside from Prust, the Habs don't have a single person who knows how to fight or stick up for their players.

That said, biting is for pussies and Canucks, and any league that allows it is a garage league.

NetMapel Feb 11, 2013 4:22 PM

Whatever finger biting incidents, they will never surpass troll master Lapierre ;)

http://spoutingoffsports.files.wordp...6/lapierre.jpg

Albertan fans just need to be less salty. Deal with it :P

http://postmediaprovince.files.wordp...-lapierre1.jpg

Darkoshvilli Feb 11, 2013 5:40 PM

I think the funniest part of the whole thing is Grabovski trying to get at Prust. That little weasel is lucky Prust had a guy on his back.

FrankieFlowerpot Feb 11, 2013 6:10 PM

No supplemental discipline against Grabovski

MrOilers Feb 11, 2013 7:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieFlowerpot (Post 6010440)
No supplemental discipline against Grabovski

Good. The NHL is really a garage league when it comes to pro sports, but sometimes they get it right.

Biting is totally childish, but give me a break on a suspension. Grabovski and Pacioretty should both be fined for being idiots, but Pacioretty should be fined a little more for being a tattle tale little bitch. his whining and showing bite marks to the ref just reeks of Montreal. Everything their entire team said after the game reeks of Montreal. The Toilet Seats' management should be fined for being such a bunch of whiny sissies.

feepa Feb 11, 2013 7:25 PM

Video Link

roccerfeller Feb 11, 2013 8:57 PM

I hope the Leafs can tire out the Flyers before they head over to Winnipeg tomorrow.

roccerfeller Feb 11, 2013 8:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feepa (Post 6010550)

haha that was awesome (and will forever be awesome) :cheers:

theman23 Feb 11, 2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 6009937)

No one's defending a bite because a bite didn't happen. Teeth marks don't prove a bite.

If you jam your hands inside a dead mans mouth, you're going to get teeth marks. Does that mean the dead man bit you? No.
Thats exactly what happened to Pacioretty. Its like putting your hand inside a bag of nails and not expecting to get poked. Pacioretty's a dumb whiny bitch and has no one to blame but himself.

theman23 Feb 11, 2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli (Post 6010401)
I think the funniest part of the whole thing is Grabovski trying to get at Prust. That little weasel is lucky Prust had a guy on his back.

As opposed to Grabovski having a guy trying to choke hold him from behind?

What was the quote by Gorges after the game? Be a man and drop the gloves? Kind of hard to do that when someones got their hand wrapped around your head from behind.

Darkoshvilli Feb 11, 2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theman23 (Post 6010777)
As opposed to Grabovski having a guy trying to choke hold him from behind?

What was the quote by Gorges after the game? Be a man and drop the gloves? Kind of hard to do that when someones got their hand wrapped around your head from behind.

Well grabs should be glad he didn't get to drop it with Prust. The hell was he thinking anyway?

freeweed Feb 12, 2013 7:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 6007628)
What is it that you find funny about his name? That Cliche sounds like cliché?

There is no accent on the last E, so the name is actually prounced ''clish''.

Late reply...

That a guy with a name that just screams "I'm Francophone!" has a last name like cliche (which of course has no accent in modern English, hence the joke).

Perhaps a visual is in order (not my work):

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ps604387bd.jpg

freeweed Feb 12, 2013 7:34 PM

For the record, every single bite incident in the league's history that I'm aware of (all 2 or 3 offhand) has resulted from someone putting their fingers or arm in or towards someone else's mouth. In no case that I'm aware of did the league sit back and say "pff, shouldn't put your fingers there, sorry". Every single biter has been villified for his actions, regardless of "who started it".

I'd like to say I'm surprised by how this one went, but for obvious reasons I'm not.

feepa Feb 12, 2013 8:04 PM

Spector tweet…..

“As we get better as an organization, there will be players who don’t meet our expectations anymore.” – Krueger.

Denscity Feb 13, 2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOilers (Post 6010264)
No, that would be Chicago. Nobody has beaten them in 60 minutes this year.

By hottest i meant most wins in a row. Vancouver is hottest and Chicago is best. And one of the only two times Chicago lost was to Vancouver. :tup:

logan5 Feb 13, 2013 3:11 AM

This better not go to overtime, I wanna watch the Canucks game.

Nevermind... TSN2.

Nice finishing move Habs.

theman23 Feb 13, 2013 3:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeweed (Post 6011900)
For the record, every single bite incident in the league's history that I'm aware of (all 2 or 3 offhand) has resulted from someone putting their fingers or arm in or towards someone else's mouth. In no case that I'm aware of did the league sit back and say "pff, shouldn't put your fingers there, sorry". Every single biter has been villified for his actions, regardless of "who started it".

I'd like to say I'm surprised by how this one went, but for obvious reasons I'm not.

The league concluded there was not enough evidence to support that a bite had occurred. Which is the correct conclusion to make from the available evidence.

And "for the record", you're wrong. Burrows lunged his mouth forward to bite Bergeron's finger. There's a video showing this, but the league still did not punish him. Your belief that there's a double standard here is not based in reality but rather a result of you not paying attention.

Nicko999 Feb 13, 2013 4:22 AM

LOL... WTF was that???

:facepalm:

Least satisfying win of the season.

roccerfeller Feb 13, 2013 4:35 AM

the Winnipeg Jets...beat the teams they "should not" be able to; lose to the teams they "should beat"

too little too late that game. ugh.

Coldrsx Feb 13, 2013 6:03 AM

Our first line...

Denscity Feb 13, 2013 6:18 AM

Vancouver 6 wins in a row! 18 points. :tup:
Special mention to Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. 16 and 15 points.

Coldrsx Feb 13, 2013 3:02 PM

Oilers outplayed and should have beat dallas last night... but 2 fluke goals and a Jagr will do that to you.

freeweed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theman23 (Post 6012656)
And "for the record", you're wrong. Burrows lunged his mouth forward to bite Bergeron's finger. There's a video showing this, but the league still did not punish him. Your belief that there's a double standard here is not based in reality but rather a result of you not paying attention.

Gah - you're right, I had forgotten about Burrows. My belief is more from not having an absolutely perfect memory, like most people.

I still notice a distinct difference in how the media and general public reacted to both. While the league may have let Burrows off the hook, he certainly gained a reputation after the fact.

It's got nothing to do with double standards, it's that the league's officiating is completely apeshit bonkers this year. And everyone knows it. Pretty much nothing is a surprise at this point.

MrOilers Feb 13, 2013 6:29 PM

The same group of refs from the infamous Oilers-Kings game earlier this year officiated the Carolina-New Jersey game yesterday, and apparently they missed a goal that was obvious to the players and everyone in the stands. Play went on for another 4 minutes before a whistle, then they finally reviewed the play and called it a goal.

The NHL needs to take a serious look at their officials, because it is a total gong show.

The NHL is a garage league.

freeweed Feb 13, 2013 6:32 PM

Wow, did they move the clock back 4 minutes?

Xelebes Feb 13, 2013 6:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOilers (Post 6013373)
The same group of refs from the infamous Oilers-Kings game earlier this year officiated the Carolina-New Jersey game yesterday, and apparently they missed a goal that was obvious to the players and everyone in the stands. Play went on for another 4 minutes before a whistle, then they finally reviewed the play and called it a goal.

The NHL needs to take a serious look at their officials, because it is a total gong show.

Francois St. Laurent and Tom Kowal.

suburbanite Feb 13, 2013 7:05 PM

Quote:

I was watching that game and to be fair it was a laser beam of a shot, most the of the players kept going right after. The announcers thought it went in, but I think most of the fans were pleasantly surprised when it was ruled a goal

Deepstar Feb 13, 2013 7:30 PM

Looks like Kipper will be out for a 2-3 weeks now. Should be interesting. As much as you hate to lose your #1 goalie, the Flames need to try out some of other goalies.

Boreal Feb 13, 2013 8:13 PM

The Jets are really looking good. At their current pace, they will win the Nathan MacKinnon, which if you do not win the Stanley Cup, is the second best possible finish this season.

Nicko999 Feb 14, 2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

But at least the RIGHT call was made.

And to be fair Kovalchuk has one the hardest shots in the league.

roccerfeller Feb 14, 2013 1:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreal (Post 6013565)
The Jets are really looking good. At their current pace, they will win the Nathan MacKinnon, which if you do not win the Stanley Cup, is the second best possible finish this season.

to be honest, i sorta hope this happens

thanks to the Oduya trade, this year's draft is going to be really special. Chicago - who knows what they were thinking with that deal.

edit: we'll have our normal picks, plus an extra 2 in the second round, and and extra 1 in the third round...though we lose our 7th round pick (to Pens)

edit 2: though apparently we gain it back for a 7th round pick from NJ this year lol....and a 4th rounder next year's draft...also from NJ.

Poni was traded to NJ! (he's going back where he was last season)

Nicko999 Feb 14, 2013 1:53 AM

Poor Sens...

I know it's Matt Cooke but I don't think he did it intentionally.
Video Link

roccerfeller Feb 14, 2013 2:06 AM

oh man thats not good. hope he's okay.

Nicko999 Feb 14, 2013 3:41 AM

:previous: He's not OK...:(

Sens’ Erik Karlsson faces surgery

Quote:

The Ottawa Senators will likely be without their Norris Trophy-winning defenceman for the rest of the season.

Erik Karlsson, who was voted the NHL’s best blueliner last summer and was the team’s most valuable player this season after goalie Craig Anderson, left Wednesday night’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins after suffering a lacerated Achilles tendon.

The injury will require surgery to repair.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Se...#ixzz2KqEBHozz

Coldrsx Feb 14, 2013 3:47 AM

Terrible injury for such a talented you guy.

Ayreonaut Feb 14, 2013 5:37 AM

I think this is the most upset about a non-Flame getting injured (perhaps Crosby, too, because he's great to watch). Definitely not intentional, I saw half a dozen similar plays in the Calgary game and they all lift their leg like that. Still, the play shouldn't have continued because the puck went out, so I'd still be livid if I were a Sens fan.

Calgary played two strong periods tonight and a mediocre third. Scoring four in the first helps though. Cervenka was today's Glencross.

suburbanite Feb 14, 2013 5:58 AM

It's a shame to see such a talented guy faced with an injury like that so early in his career. I'm guessing he'll be out for the rest of the season, but I wish him a speedy recovery.

Hybrid247 Feb 14, 2013 8:00 AM

Im a Sens fan and as biased as i am, it's obvious Cooke didnt do that intentionaly. Playoffs seem like a long shot at this point... On a positive note, at least this will give the sens prospects more ice time at the nhl level.

harls Feb 14, 2013 2:57 PM

Bob McKenzie is a turd.. "All Sens fans will be livid that no disciplinary action is made against Cooke". Like all Sens fans will see it as intentional. It was an accident.. how can you tell intent from video replay?