SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   Halifax Developments List & Map (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154160)

someone123 Jul 29, 2008 6:27 AM

That's not really a comprehensive list. Lots of things are missing, but those are the main projects for which a lot of information is available.

Dmajackson Aug 8, 2008 3:48 AM

I am listing Gladstone Ridge as complete.

The two towers look done, the townhouses are finished and my grandmother has moved into the Berkley. She has an awesome view (Gorsebrook-Tuft's Cove area). :)

From my grandmother's apartment Armoury Square looks complete. Has anyone seen the frontside recently?

Spitfire75 Aug 12, 2008 3:31 AM

Any chance of you getting some pics of the view, maybe even a panoramic?

Dmajackson Aug 12, 2008 4:35 PM

Here's a sample. Unfortunately due to dirty windows and the fact i don't have any panorama progrms its diffucult to get it all but I'll see what i can do:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3253/...b6c56dbe_b.jpg
Credit: Me

The Trillium should fit nicely into this picture :D

Dmajackson Aug 13, 2008 1:47 AM

Well it turns out the compilation thread has spread :) Saint John now has a compilation thread in the Atlantic Canada Section.

After looking at that their thread i have decided to add the part of town each project is in. If you disagree with the part of town i have listed a project in just post what part of town it should be in and a reason. :yes:

EDIT: I've also added Harbous Isle/Sheppard's Island to the list

Dmajackson Aug 13, 2008 5:37 AM

After a long time of thinking I have decided to expand the list to include all projects with a thread (excluding urban-sprawl subdivisions) . This will truely show our densifacation efforts in all parts of HRM, wether it be big or small.

Dmajackson Aug 13, 2008 9:02 PM

I need some input in the "district" category. I've decided on the districts every where but for Halifax. On the peninsula I'm doing the four parts (Noorth, south, downtown and west) but the mainland is hard to choose. Preferably i would like three districts (north, south and armdale area) for it but I can't think of any boundaries or names. :shrug:

Please help me! :)

hfx_chris Aug 13, 2008 9:11 PM

Why not just mainland?

Dmajackson Aug 13, 2008 9:13 PM

I was worried about the size of it since it is huge but i might just leave it as it is. The mainland has a disproportionate amount of projects right now because of its land area.

Dmajackson Aug 16, 2008 5:58 AM

Just some updates lately:

-Gladstone is now listed as complete,
-Armoury Square is also listed as complete,
-Barrington Street Trail has been added,
-Harbour Isle has been added,
-and Trinity Harbourview has been added.

Keith P. Aug 16, 2008 10:37 AM

I don't think Armoury Square is close to complete yet. I drove by there this week and the entrance is still nothing but plywood, the site still is fenced off, and there is no landscaping or anything like that.

Dmajackson Aug 16, 2008 2:54 PM

I guess i must only look up when i drive by there. I think i will comprimise. I'll leave it listed as complete but when someone is able to tell me with certainty that it is done i'll update the completion date so it satys on the list longer.

Dmajackson Aug 18, 2008 10:33 PM

I've added a new feature. In the under construction category i've added the state of construction (site prep, foundation, exterior, ect).

I am using the lastest update provided on the projects thread so some of them are out dated (Crown Bay is 7 months old!).

spryscraper Sep 12, 2008 3:54 PM

You should add the Rockcliffe Village subdivision on the Mainland - just down the street from the Roxbury and Waterton. It's supposed to include 3 10-storey buildings.

Wishblade Sep 12, 2008 6:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spryscraper (Post 3795454)
You should add the Rockcliffe Village subdivision on the Mainland - just down the street from the Roxbury and Waterton. It's supposed to include 3 10-storey buildings.

If developments like these keep up out there, the outer fringe of Halifax will start to look pretty impressive coming in from Bayers Lake/Clayton Park.

Dmajackson Sep 12, 2008 8:02 PM

Added.

If these three get built judging by the pictures available in one of the documents these with Waterton/Roxbury will defenitely make a cool horizon coming from in town.

Dmajackson Sep 19, 2008 1:48 AM

Just to keep this thread active and on the radar I'm going to make a monthly list of updates made on this thread. Lets say every the second friday of every month (So today/tomorrow);

*Harbour Isle: split into two phases. Phase I is approved, Phase II is proposed,
*Dockside: Added to u/c list,
*Atrium: Added to u/c list,
*Seaport Farmer's Market added,
*Rockcliffe Village added.

Spitfire75 Sep 19, 2008 2:45 PM

You should add Governor's Brook as well.

Dmajackson Sep 20, 2008 1:02 AM

Id there even a thread for Governor's Brook?

If not, I'm trying to keep thid for projects with a thread and preferably a "landmark" building not just houses.

Wishblade Sep 20, 2008 1:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ (Post 3811502)
Id there even a thread for Governor's Brook?

If not, I'm trying to keep thid for projects with a thread and preferably a "landmark" building not just houses.

heh, if we included every development that was just a general subdivision, the list would never end.