SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Supertall Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=323)
-   -   NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (Nordstrom)| 1,550 FT | 131 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191095)

JACKinBeantown Apr 8, 2016 6:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseball1992 (Post 7400578)
Unless 111w 57th got a height boost, then this rendering is off. Nordstrom is 112ft taller than it and is closer to the "camera" for this photo. That means it should look noticeably taller opposed to the equal height shown here.

First of all, it's a great rendering.

Now to quibble a little. CPT looks a little too short while 220 CPS looks a little tall. They're not off by much, but just enough that nerds like us will notice.

UTEPman Apr 8, 2016 7:05 PM

Only thing I don't like about the rendering -- It shows how small Verre will look in comparison to the other towers, when in reality it should be the centerpiece along with 111W. :(

NYC2ATX Apr 8, 2016 7:06 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I just have a gut feeling that we're going to be pleasantly surprised by this building, and that could be why they've held off on releasing official renderings. I just feel like how can you build a tower with the tallest roof height in the history of Manhattan skyscrapers and have it be just another unremarkable glass tower...I'd bet that Barnett still has some tricks up his sleeve. I hope.. :rolleyes:

sparkling Apr 8, 2016 7:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown (Post 7400662)
First of all, it's a great rendering.

Now to quibble a little. CPT looks a little too short while 220 CPS looks a little tall. They're not off by much, but just enough that nerds like us will notice.

I don't think 220 CPS is there at all. The tower in question is noticeably higher than One57 so it seems they've put 36 CPS in the rendering. Also, the shape of the tower fits one of the earlier proposal to replace Park Lane

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...MTkwNQ%3D%3D.2

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8795/...460230a1_b.jpg

Crawford Apr 8, 2016 7:46 PM

Yeah, they're definitely showing 36 CPS in that rendering. Of course we don't know the design for that tower yet; the previous was just a proposal.

NYCrules Apr 9, 2016 8:34 AM

Do you really think Barnett's job is to surprise us, out of all the things in the world? I mean, you think he's on some games with us? I don't think so. Though, there is some reason in keeping the official design secret, what you're thinking just can't be :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYC2ATX (Post 7400693)
I don't know about you guys, but I just have a gut feeling that we're going to be pleasantly surprised by this building, and that could be why they've held off on releasing official renderings. I just feel like how can you build a tower with the tallest roof height in the history of Manhattan skyscrapers and have it be just another unremarkable glass tower...I'd bet that Barnett still has some tricks up his sleeve. I hope.. :rolleyes:


Vortex11 Apr 9, 2016 7:33 PM

^^

While I don't think Barnett cares about surprising us per se, I do think it is in his best interest to make CPT stand out. He has a lot of competition now between 432, Steinway, Tower Verre and 220 CPS.

How he is approaching this however, is yet to be seen.

JACKinBeantown Apr 10, 2016 1:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkling (Post 7400766)
I don't think 220 CPS is there at all. The tower in question is noticeably higher than One57 so it seems they've put 36 CPS in the rendering. Also, the shape of the tower fits one of the earlier proposal to replace Park Lane

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...MTkwNQ%3D%3D.2

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8795/...460230a1_b.jpg

By Jove, you're right!

NYguy Apr 11, 2016 3:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCrules (Post 7401463)
Do you really think Barnett's job is to surprise us, out of all the things in the world? I mean, you think he's on some games with us? I don't think so. Though, there is some reason in keeping the official design secret, what you're thinking just can't be :cool:

That's just the case in particular with a lot of Extell developments. Remember, Barnett was already into construction at his "80 story" Manhattan Plaza development downtown, and was forced to put up a rendering by the DOB after complaints of not having one.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Citylover94 (Post 7400040)
This might not be the place to ask this but how can developers never publicly release official renders for projects in NYC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawford (Post 7400177)
There is no such requirement in NYC. Pretty pictures have nothing to do with the permitting process, at least not for as-of-right projects.

There is a requirement with the DOB, although it only went into effect a couple of years ago. It can be any rendering. Look at the various renders found at 220 CPS, 53W53, 111 W. 57th, etc.



http://www1.nyc.gov/site/buildings/s...uirements.page

Quote:

Construction Fence Signage Requirements

The new project information panel standardizes the appearance of temporary protective structures and provides important information to the community in a consolidated, uniform sign. Any new building, demolition, excavation and alteration project sites with a construction fence, as required by Building Code § 3301.9.1, must post a project information panel.

The panel design includes a project rendering, elevation drawing of building or zoning diagram of building exterior, a description of the project and anticipated completion date, owner and contractor information, 311 information and the primary Department of Buildings permit.

Demolition sites require a project information panel without a rendering. In addition, one-, two and three-family home projects are not required to post this new information panel.

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/buildings...quirements.jpg


It's why Barnett was forced to put one up Downtown...

http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/show...&postcount=168


Quote:

Extell Development, which is building at 250 South Street, released renderings of the two 71-story luxury towers in the shadow of the working-class Two Bridges
neighborhood on the East River.

Two Bridges tenant association president Trever Holland said the renderings weren’t present on the construction fence for a while. “We had to force them to get that
rendering, we had to file a report with the Department of Buildings (D.O.B.) because by law all construction projects are required to have renderings on their fence,”
he said.


http://www.nypress.com/apps/pbcsi.dl...w=550&maxh=500



Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawford (Post 7400177)
Re. the discussion on "official renderings", I don't know what people are looking for. Gary Barnett never releases images of anything pre-marketing (anything you see is second-hand leaked), and we have enough leaked images to understand the building's appearance (plus the building permits give exact schematics).

We've been on the board too long not to appreciate the difference between "official" renderings and other images that give us an "idea" of what a building would look like.

chris08876 Apr 15, 2016 7:32 PM

Its growing!!!

Credit: walpole
https://cdn-standard.discourse.org/u...e549993869.jpg

NYguy Apr 26, 2016 4:29 AM

Final height of this tower could be 1,569 ft...

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/WebBlobServlet


http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083287/original.jpg



APRIL 25, 2016


1.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083136/original.jpg


2.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083137/original.jpg


3.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083138/original.jpg


4.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083139/original.jpg


5.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083140/original.jpg


6.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083142/large.jpg



http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083142/original.jpg


7.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083143/original.jpg


8.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083144/original.jpg


9.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083145/original.jpg


10.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083146/original.jpg


11.
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083147/original.jpg


12.

http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083148/original.jpg

tokilamockingbrd Apr 26, 2016 4:58 AM

getting bigger

WIGGLEWORTH Apr 26, 2016 6:27 AM

Always good news to see a height bump. Even if it only is by 19 feet. I hope its true...

NYguy Apr 26, 2016 3:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIGGLEWORTH (Post 7420779)
Always good news to see a height bump. Even if it only is by 19 feet. I hope its true...

We'll see. It was also stated to be 1,551 ft at another point of the building, and 1,449 at another. Given the way skyscraper heights are measued, we will end up with whichever is the highest.

NYguy Apr 26, 2016 4:28 PM

patsnaps@yahoo.com

https://c3.staticflickr.com/2/1711/2...3bfc50a6_b.jpg

JACKinBeantown Apr 26, 2016 5:27 PM

Thanks for all the pics and info, NYguy. Even at several feet thick, those core walls look thin. Approximately how tall is the core now? 200 feet?

NYguy Apr 26, 2016 5:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown (Post 7421267)
Thanks for all the pics and info, NYguy. Even at several feet thick, those core walls look thin. Approximately how tall is the core now? 200 feet?


I don't think it's that tall yet. Maybe close. But looking at it, I get the impression that this is what 111 West 57th Street will look like when it begins to rise higher.



http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/163083138/original.jpg

chris08876 Apr 27, 2016 12:36 AM

Before:

https://www.manhattanscout.com/sites...kyline_nyc.jpg
Credit: https://www.manhattanscout.com/news/...ue-hits-market

After: :worship: *Although 2wtc foster is in the before, but for sake of a before/after, lets pretend its not there.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...NTUyNA%3D%3D.2
Credit: http://iconosquare.com/nyc_skyscrapers

NYguy Apr 27, 2016 4:17 AM

One Vanderbilt needs to be added to that rendering.

WIGGLEWORTH Apr 27, 2016 6:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYguy (Post 7422068)
One Vanderbilt needs to be added to that rendering.

True. I hope to god that Nordstrom joins it in the spire department.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.