SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

yyzer Mar 2, 2019 12:46 PM

AC announces a bunch of transborder expansion out of YYZ:

Air Canada in February 2019 announced Trans-Border service expansion from Toronto, for summer 2019 season. A number of routes will see capacity increase, with the introduction of Embraer E175 aircraft on additional markets.

Toronto – Austin eff 29APR19 Increase from 1 to 2 daily, Embraer E175 operating
Toronto – Baltimore/Washington eff 04JUN19 Increase from 1 to 2 daily, Embraer E175 operating
Toronto – Charlotte eff 01MAY19 Embraer E175 replaces CRJ200, 2 daily
Toronto – Memphis eff 01MAY19 Embraer E175 replaces CRJ200, 1 daily
Toronto – Minneapolis/St. Paul eff 03JUN19 Increase from 3 to 4 daily, Embraer E175 operating
Toronto – Nashville eff 01JUN19 CRJ900 replaces CRJ200, 2 daily
Toronto – Philadelphia eff 03JUN19 Increase from 4 to 5 daily, Embraer E175 operating
Toronto – Raleigh eff 01MAY19 Embraer E175 replaces CRJ200, 3 daily
Toronto – Washington Dulles eff 01MAY19 Embraer E175 replaces CRJ200, 3 daily

Separately, the airline is ending Toronto – Jacksonville FL service on 30APR19, currently served by CRJ200 aircraft.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...e-expansions-/

TheGreatestX Mar 3, 2019 6:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogie (Post 8489276)
Did some number crunching, and in percentage terms, YXU's growth will be huge this summer, especially considering, AC and WS are limiting their domestic capacity.

http://westernaviationnews.com/2019/...rport-in-2019/

You didn't take into account that WS will not be operating YXU-YWG as they did last summer.

hollywoodcory Mar 3, 2019 6:48 PM

WS has added 789 service next winter now.

YYC-LGW 3x Weekly 789.
They've also added additional flights to CDG and DUB in the fall as well.

I eventually see YYC-YYZ remaining on a 789 right through winter as well.

whywhyzee Mar 3, 2019 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 8492906)
WS has added 789 service next winter now.

YYC-LGW 3x Weekly 789.
They've also added additional flights to CDG and DUB in the fall as well.

I eventually see YYC-YYZ remaining on a 789 right through winter as well.

I imagine the winter will see YYZ-LGW go daily 789, YYC-LGW 5x weekly, daily YYC-YYC on the 789, and maybe some Hawaii flying. Especially once CDG and DUB ose for the season.

hollywoodcory Mar 3, 2019 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whywhyzee (Post 8493152)
I imagine the winter will see YYZ-LGW go daily 789, YYC-LGW 5x weekly, daily YYC-YYC on the 789, and maybe some Hawaii flying. Especially once CDG and DUB ose for the season.

YYC-LGW currently only shows 3x Weekly for the winter 789.

Also YYC-CDG's schedule got extended to Oct 31/Nov 1 so there's a possibility it could end up going year-round as well.

Are we sure the 789 could handle YYC-YYC? :haha:

whywhyzee Mar 4, 2019 3:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 8493165)
YYC-LGW currently only shows 3x Weekly for the winter 789.

Also YYC-CDG's schedule got extended to Oct 31/Nov 1 so there's a possibility it could end up going year-round as well.

Are we sure the 789 could handle YYC-YYC? :haha:

Lol. You got me. YYC-YYZ.

Makes sense for Paris, extends to the end of the IATA Summer season, though year round might be a real stretch, at least initially.

Cage Mar 4, 2019 4:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 8493165)
Are we sure the 789 could handle YYC-YYC? :haha:

Includes a trip to the northern tip of Norway before destination airspace is closed due to the potential for air to air missed attack.

Ottawaresident Mar 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Canada Canada Canada ...

thenoflyzone Mar 6, 2019 1:40 PM

Are Lingus is delaying DUB-YUL to summer 2020 due to A321LR delivery delays.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-04mar19/

TAP wanted to start YUL this summer as well, but is having similar delay issues.

thenoflyzone Mar 6, 2019 11:05 PM

Largest unserved Canadian routes to some of the main Asian hubs:

rolling 12 month O&D numbers

PEK-YOW 25,850 (13th largest unserved route from PEK)
YUL-HKG 34,782 (10th largest unserved market from HKG)
YYC-HKG 41,814 (5th largest unserved market from HKG)
SIN-YVR 39,790 (5th largest unserved market from SIN)
SIN-YYZ 40,841 (4th largest unserve market from SIN)
ICN-YYC 34,950 (12th largest unserved market from ICN)
BKK-YVR 59,820 (14th largest unserved market from BKK)
DEL-YYC 55,154 (9th largest unserved market from DEL)
DEL-YEG 42,050 (14th largest unserved market from DEL)

https://www.anna.aero/2019/03/06/100...-stop-service/

The largest of these routes, BKK-YVR, is still only 81 PDEW.

msmariner Mar 7, 2019 3:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8497175)
Largest unserved Canadian routes to some of the main Asian hubs:

rolling 12 month O&D numbers

PEK-YOW 25,850 (13th largest unserved route from PEK)
YUL-HKG 34,782 (10th largest unserved market from HKG)
YYC-HKG 41,814 (5th largest unserved market from HKG)
SIN-YVR 39,790 (5th largest unserved market from SIN)
SIN-YYZ 40,841 (4th largest unserve market from SIN)
ICN-YYC 34,950 (12th largest unserved market from ICN)
BKK-YVR 59,820 (14th largest unserved market from BKK)
DEL-YYC 55,154 (9th largest unserved market from DEL)
DEL-YEG 42,050 (14th largest unserved market from DEL)

https://www.anna.aero/2019/03/06/100...-stop-service/

The largest of these routes, BKK-YVR, is still only 81 PDEW.

For comparison, what are some of the numbers for routes currently served to Asia?

casper Mar 9, 2019 4:17 PM

Not good news for Delta, they are dropping YYJ-SEA.

They had that as a regional jet. Not certain if they have any Q400 at all in their network. The competition is Alaska/Horizon with the Q400.

Given SEA is at capacity I wonder if this will happen with more flight. Alaska has already been shifting some of the YVR-SEA flights from Q400 to 737.

There is always the option that their new partner WestJet may help out by connecting Canadian cites to the SEA hub, however I think that is remote. SEA does not have a lot of extra capacity especially for non-pre-clearance flights arriving at peek times.

isaidso Mar 9, 2019 6:13 PM

Does anyone have 2018 data for the Top 50/Top 100 airports by International Passengers?

p_xavier Mar 10, 2019 1:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casper (Post 8500361)
Not good news for Delta, they are dropping YYJ-SEA.

They had that as a regional jet. Not certain if they have any Q400 at all in their network. The competition is Alaska/Horizon with the Q400.

Given SEA is at capacity I wonder if this will happen with more flight. Alaska has already been shifting some of the YVR-SEA flights from Q400 to 737.

There is always the option that their new partner WestJet may help out by connecting Canadian cites to the SEA hub, however I think that is remote. SEA does not have a lot of extra capacity especially for non-pre-clearance flights arriving at peek times.

American airlines seemed to have abandoned Canada in the last decade. I used to fly United business from YUL but it's not even available anymore.

thenoflyzone Mar 10, 2019 4:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_jeffrey (Post 8500753)
American airlines seemed to have abandoned Canada in the last decade. I used to fly United business from YUL but it's not even available anymore.

Can't recall the last time UA mainline served YUL. Probably more than 20 years ago, at least.

Only AA and DL send mainline to YUL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaidso (Post 8500449)
Does anyone have 2018 data for the Top 50/Top 100 airports by International Passengers?

2017 info for the top 20 is available on wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...senger_traffic

ACI publishes this kind of info. You can have it if you pay.

https://aci.aero/data-centre/customi...tics-packages/

isaidso Mar 10, 2019 7:25 PM

Yes thank you. I'll wait. Hopefully someone will post 2018 data here or on SSC.

casper Mar 10, 2019 9:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_jeffrey (Post 8500753)
American airlines seemed to have abandoned Canada in the last decade. I used to fly United business from YUL but it's not even available anymore.

Not certain I would say they have abandoned Canada. YVR gets mainline service from all the major US airlines to most of their major west coast or midwest hubs. If anything that has been growing.

It is the smaller communities that they are pulling out from.

hollywoodcory Mar 11, 2019 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_jeffrey (Post 8500753)
American airlines seemed to have abandoned Canada in the last decade. I used to fly United business from YUL but it's not even available anymore.

AA has been increasing it's presence in YYC recently. Last year they flew 3x daily on E75's. This year they have 1x daily mainline 738 and 3x daily E75's. They've even extended the seasonality of YYC-ORD to Nov.1 Last year it ended early September.

This summer YYC will see mainline from all of the US3 (DL, UA, and AA).

zahav Mar 11, 2019 6:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 8501342)
AA has been increasing it's presence in YYC recently. Last year they flew 3x daily on E75's. This year they have 1x daily mainline 738 and 3x daily E75's. They've even extended the seasonality of YYC-ORD to Nov.1 Last year it ended early September.

This summer YYC will see mainline from all of the US3 (DL, UA, and AA).

That is just compared to least year though, the trend is US service is still down from its peak at YYC and other airports

ghYHZ Mar 11, 2019 8:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_jeffrey (Post 8500753)
American airlines seemed to have abandoned Canada in the last decade. I used to fly United business from YUL but it's not even available anymore.

AA is back in Halifax again this summer (although not Mainline) with Republic E175s to PHL and LGA.

But United is Mainline with A320s and A319s to EWR. Also an Express Jet RJ145 to EWR and Skywest ERJ175 to ORD.

And Delta (Endeavour) has a CRJ200 to LGA.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.