SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   My City Photos (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   Day for Night (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155748)

flar Aug 10, 2008 5:10 AM

HAMILTON NEIGHBOURHOODS:
CorktownDurandCentralDundasLocke St. SouthBurlingtonStinsonWestdaleSt. ClairKeithLandsdale
The DeltaGibsonJamesvilleConcession StreetDurand NorthDurand SouthOld Dundas HousesHess VillageBarton Street
AncasterNorth KirkendallSouth KirkendallMcMaster UniversityDowntownThe BayfrontThe North EndKenilworth
Mountain BrowTextile DistrictStrathconaNorth StipleyFlamboroughBeasleyChedokeStoney CreekThe Beach Strip

HAMILTON FEATURES:
C I T Y _ L I G H T SStone HamiltonTwilight of the Industrial AgeTwilight of the Industrial Age II
Stone in Dundas and AncasterGoodbye, Hamilton (from 43 floors up)Dirty BrickDay for Night
This broken down old city still manages to wake up every morning...Everywhere, Ontario< R - E - T - R - O >
HAMILTON | Scenes from the cutting room floorS U B U R B I A !Everywhere, OntarioHamilton Rowhouses
< H E A V Y <> I N D U S T R Y > Old Man Winter vs. Hamilton

Day: Hamilton Mardi Gras Carnival
Interlude
Night: James North Art Crawl

Day:

Interlude:

Night:

http://aas.ath.cx/threads/summer.jpg

i_am_hydrogen Aug 10, 2008 5:20 AM

Amazing stuff, flar!

Top Of The Park Aug 10, 2008 5:52 AM

very colorful

raisethehammer Aug 10, 2008 1:07 PM

great photos Flar. We seriously need to get your stuff in tourism guides all over the province and NE States. So much more refreshing than the corporate tourism books and all the fake poses.

As a side note, why did both of these events take place on James St??
Main Street looks like a fabulous, pedestrian-oriented street that could host events like this. ;)

Millstone Aug 10, 2008 2:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisethehammer (Post 3725813)
great photos Flar. We seriously need to get your stuff in tourism guides all over the province and NE States. So much more refreshing than the corporate tourism books and all the fake poses.

As a side note, why did both of these events take place on James St??
Main Street looks like a fabulous, pedestrian-oriented street that could host events like this. ;)

Well, the first had a brief stint on Wilson St, let's not forget ;)

raisethehammer Aug 10, 2008 2:14 PM

hey, so I've noticed the reno's in that building with "La Petite Spa" sign out front.
What was going on there during the art crawl?? Is it an actual spa??

Kingofthehill Aug 10, 2008 2:16 PM

Great photos as usual..

Hamilton has a sizable Bahamian population? I knew Bahamians studied in Canada alot, but I thought they were concentrated in Toronto.

TinChelseaNYC Aug 10, 2008 3:25 PM

Very nice, Flar. Hamilton has a diverse population, huh? I never knew anything about that town until I started looking at your photos. Quite an education. Thanks!

flar Aug 10, 2008 5:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisethehammer (Post 3725864)
hey, so I've noticed the reno's in that building with "La Petite Spa" sign out front.
What was going on there during the art crawl?? Is it an actual spa??

I didn't go in, but it looked like a spa. There were a bunch of people standing around drinking wine during the art crawl. Maybe they had some art inside?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingofthehill (Post 3725867)
[COLOR="Purple"]
Hamilton has a sizable Bahamian population? I knew Bahamians studied in Canada alot, but I thought they were concentrated in Toronto.

Not sure about Bahamians in particular, but there seems to be a fair sized Caribbean population here, and Hamilton is really close to Toronto. I've seen quite a few Caribbean restaurants and groceries around the city.

raisethehammer Aug 10, 2008 7:45 PM

I think Hamilton is the 3rd most diverse city in Canada.
Thanks for the info flar....next month's art crawl should be interesting with some new openings, movings, and reno's on the street.

flar Aug 11, 2008 1:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisethehammer (Post 3726252)
I think Hamilton is the 3rd most diverse city in Canada.

Almost a quarter of Greater Hamilton is foreign born, third highest behind Toronto and Vancouver. Most of the foreign born are concentrated in the old city.

kcexpress69 Aug 11, 2008 2:09 AM

Mardi Gras in Canada?? I had no clue!! I guess I don't follow Mardi Gras enough. Great Shots!! :cool:

Evergrey Aug 11, 2008 3:04 AM

Hamilton seems like it's on a different world from nearby Buffalo.

These mimes look so cool...
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...2008/00010.jpg

xzmattzx Aug 11, 2008 4:09 AM

Interesting pictures. But why is Mardi Gras held in August? That's like having the Thanksgiving parade in June.

I actually was in Hamilton for a very short period of time this past week, and the street life was much greater than I thought it would be.

Rocket1964 Aug 11, 2008 4:45 AM

Some vibrant pictures!

fangorangutang Aug 11, 2008 5:40 AM

Great pics! That female mime is pretty hot.

dugdogmaster Aug 11, 2008 6:19 AM

Killer!

:cheers:

ColDayMan Aug 11, 2008 7:10 AM

Beautiful photos!

10101000 Aug 11, 2008 3:38 PM

Intresting

flar Aug 11, 2008 5:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcexpress69 (Post 3726820)
Mardi Gras in Canada?? I had no clue!! I guess I don't follow Mardi Gras enough. Great Shots!! :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xzmattzx (Post 3727009)
Interesting pictures. But why is Mardi Gras held in August? That's like having the Thanksgiving parade in June.

I'm not sure why they call it Mardi Gras :shrug: It didn't even take place on mardi let alone Mardi Gras (it was held on vendredi and samedi this past weekend). It really has nothing to do with Mardi Gras, it's a Caribbean festival like Caribana in Toronto.