SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Suburbs (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   [Halifax] 210 Willett Street | 59/43/25 M | 19/14/8 FL | Proposed (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=240922)

Dmajackson Nov 10, 2019 5:03 AM

[Halifax] 210 Willett Street | 59/43/25 M | 19/14/8 FL | Proposed
 
The Clayton Park Round Tower at the corner of Dunbrack and Willett is being demolished to make way for a redevelopment consisting of three residential buildings and townhouses. Timbercreek is the property owner and proponent.

Case 22332 Initiation Report

mleblanc Nov 10, 2019 4:54 PM

Looks really nice. Definitely an improvement for the area.

teddifax Nov 11, 2019 3:59 AM

Wow, I have been waiting on this... I had heard about this building being torn down, but had not heard about the proposal... I live across the street and this will really change the view. It will be an improvement from what is there now...

atbw Nov 11, 2019 2:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddifax (Post 8744881)
Wow, I have been waiting on this... I had heard about this building being torn down, but had not heard about the proposal... I live across the street and this will really change the view. It will be an improvement from what is there now...

This is a huge bump in density. I like the idea of actually giving Dunbrack a streetwall.

teddifax Nov 11, 2019 3:04 PM

Can we see more of what the buildings will actually look like?

Keith P. Nov 11, 2019 4:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddifax (Post 8745100)
Can we see more of what the buildings will actually look like?

There is only a single rendering so far:

http://i1.imgrr.com/10p/1953_210willett.JPG

teddifax Nov 11, 2019 5:03 PM

I saw that, but it is just a tease....

teddifax Nov 12, 2019 3:30 AM

I wonder, as a close neighbour, just what method is to be used to demolish the building... Will it be dynamite or like what they did with the old Citadel Inn, using a machine to knock it down from the top to the bottom.... ???

kph06 Nov 12, 2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddifax (Post 8745812)
I wonder, as a close neighbour, just what method is to be used to demolish the building... Will it be dynamite or like what they did with the old Citadel Inn, using a machine to knock it down from the top to the bottom.... ???

I think implosion is generally a no-go in Halifax. I would say you will see a couple small (10-12 ton) excavators craned to the top and it will come down floor by floor.

OldDartmouthMark Nov 12, 2019 3:29 PM

Hoo-ray for density, but I will say I always liked the uniqueness of the round building. Oh well.

teddifax Nov 12, 2019 4:52 PM

Don't want dynamite as I live across the street.... hopefully, none will be used for excavation either....

FuzzyWuz Nov 13, 2019 8:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kph06 (Post 8745947)
I think implosion is generally a no-go in Halifax. I would say you will see a couple small (10-12 ton) excavators craned to the top and it will come down floor by floor.

It was my understanding that implosion was only banned on the peninsula itself.

teddifax Nov 13, 2019 10:14 PM

There are a lot of buildings very close by...I hope they don't do any dynamiting!

OldDartmouthMark Nov 14, 2019 3:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddifax (Post 8747765)
There are a lot of buildings very close by...I hope they don't do any dynamiting!

They address it vaguely in the document:

Quote:

Demolition/Construction

Community members were concerned that the demolition/construction process would cause a lot of noise and dust, and potential have negative environmental impacts.

These concerns will be consideredwhen preparing a demolition plan and a construction mitigation plan. All provincial environmental regulations will be followed.
Regarding blasting, I would say it's a possibility if there is a lot of bedrock in your area, as the current building does not appear to have underground parking, and the new building will... so some material will have to be removed to allow for that, at least.

teddifax Feb 4, 2020 6:26 PM

I live across the street from this and just received notification of a meeting on Thursday, February 27, 2020 between 6 and 9pm at Our Lady of Lebanon Church Hall (3844 Joseph Howe Dr.0 to discuss this proposal. Case 22332. Visit www.halifax.ca/planning and scroll down to this case number.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.