SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   St. John's (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=700)
-   -   [St. John's] Retail Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198935)

q12 Mar 2, 2017 3:03 PM

Quote:

IKEA Canada Announces Five Collection Points in Atlantic Canada
02-03-2017

Launches in St. John’s, Charlottetown, Fredericton, New Glasgow and Sydney will make shopping at IKEA more accessible, convenient and affordable for local residents
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/about_ikea...s_Announcement

Gravelley Mar 2, 2017 5:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by q12 (Post 7728287)

My guess is this is due to the new IKEA in Dartmouth

djslue Mar 9, 2017 12:55 PM

Lids

Anyone know what is going on with Lids in the Avalon Mall ? Is it moved or closed ?

ec1983 Mar 9, 2017 4:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djslue (Post 7734949)
Anyone know what is going on with Lids in the Avalon Mall ? Is it moved or closed ?

Moving to where the Ecko store was located.

djslue Mar 9, 2017 5:32 PM

Ok thanks, Any news when it will re open ?

Tocchet22 Mar 10, 2017 11:59 AM

Avalon Mall Closing

Saw that Bench has a "Store Closing" sign up in the window yesterday. Seemed like bit of a delayed opening/bad timing anyways, well after popularity had faded...

SpongeG Mar 14, 2017 5:34 AM

Marshalls opens tuesday at 8 am!

http://www.thetelegram.com/news/loca...e-tuesday.html

Sox Mar 20, 2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpongeG (Post 7739695)

What an utter waste of time going to Marshall's ! The store is absolute garbage, and so overpriced .

I have been to many Marshall's stores throughout the United States, and have always enjoyed great savings and huge selections. Unfortunatley, the store on Stavanger drive ----- MASSIVE FAIL ! The men's section is a total of about 10 racks of clothes, and the prices are outrageous.

I did find a $ 5 toy for my dog thou. So all wasn't lost, at least he reaped the benefit.

It will be an awfully long time, if ever, before the inside of this store will ever be graced by my presence again.

NewfBC Mar 20, 2017 3:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sox (Post 7745651)
What an utter waste of time going to Marshall's ! The store is absolute garbage, and so overpriced .

I have been to many Marshall's stores throughout the United States, and have always enjoyed great savings and huge selections. Unfortunatley, the store on Stavanger drive ----- MASSIVE FAIL ! The men's section is a total of about 10 racks of clothes, and the prices are outrageous.

I did find a $ 5 toy for my dog thou. So all wasn't lost, at least he reaped the benefit.

It will be an awfully long time, if ever, before the inside of this store will ever be graced by my presence again.

Marshalls in Canada carry a lot of the same items as Winners (same company).. and they're priced the same.

Ron.

Sox Mar 21, 2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewfBC (Post 7745731)
Marshalls in Canada carry a lot of the same items as Winners (same company).. and they're priced the same.

Ron.

Which , when you think about it, doesn't make any sense whatsoever, because there already is a much bigger Winners already down the street.

Fool me once...........

NewfBC Mar 21, 2017 4:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sox (Post 7746688)
Which , when you think about it, doesn't make any sense whatsoever, because there already is a much bigger Winners already down the street.

Fool me once...........

we've got a new mall that recently opened here that have a Winners and Marshalls a few stores away from each other.

Ron.

Marty_Mcfly Mar 22, 2017 2:18 PM

It's not like this hasn't happened on Stavanger Drive before, with Future Shop and Best Buy literally across the street from one another.

SpongeG Mar 23, 2017 3:31 AM

Marshalls is set up to be more designer and such, they have a better shoe department.

Before Marshalls got bought out by TJ Maxx they were kinda better for selection I thought, but the stores themselves looked pretty bad, TJ maxx really seems to have made them look nicer.

They still aren't as cheap as ROSS, that store is a disaster but you can find some really cheap stuff there. I wonder if they will try come to Canada.

rthomasd Apr 3, 2017 4:30 PM

Looks like another business is getting ready to setup in the old Canadian Tire Building on Elizabeth Ave as City Council has approved a construction permit for Sugar Mama's Bakery.

PoscStudent Apr 3, 2017 5:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpongeG (Post 7748836)
Marshalls is set up to be more designer and such, they have a better shoe department.

Before Marshalls got bought out by TJ Maxx they were kinda better for selection I thought, but the stores themselves looked pretty bad, TJ maxx really seems to have made them look nicer.

They still aren't as cheap as ROSS, that store is a disaster but you can find some really cheap stuff there. I wonder if they will try come to Canada.

In the men's section, they have many of the same items as Winners. I was told the other day that the Women's section was a lot more expensive than Winners, so maybe they have higher end things there. The only difference I noticed was they had a number of men's suits and blazers, which you rarely see at Winners. As you mentioned, the shoe department is also different.

The Marshall's store is also a lot smaller than Winners.

rad709 Apr 3, 2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rthomasd (Post 7760765)
Looks like another business is getting ready to setup in the old Canadian Tire Building on Elizabeth Ave as City Council has approved a construction permit for Sugar Mama's Bakery.

Nice, thanks for the update.

Sox Apr 19, 2017 10:32 AM

Anybody have any information on the Coleman's Supermarket that was supposed to be opening on the corner of Torbay Rd and NL Drive?

Seems to me, it must be dead in the water, because it has to be over a year now since the Leased signs went up, but there has been no action on that space ever since.

jondrover Apr 19, 2017 9:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sox (Post 7777214)
Anybody have any information on the Coleman's Supermarket that was supposed to be opening on the corner of Torbay Rd and NL Drive?

Seems to me, it must be dead in the water, because it has to be over a year now since the Leased signs went up, but there has been no action on that space ever since.

Last I heard it was fall 2017

J_Murphy Apr 20, 2017 11:25 AM

Looks like construction is started on the parking garage for Avalon Mall. The entire parking lot at the corner of Thorburn and O'Leary is removed.

Malreynolds Apr 20, 2017 2:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Murphy (Post 7778569)
Looks like construction is started on the parking garage for Avalon Mall. The entire parking lot at the corner of Thorburn and O'Leary is removed.

FINALLY... been saying for years that they should make a parking garage for the Avalon its always hell getting a parking spot