SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

Derek Sep 27, 2007 4:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg92101 (Post 3077803)

On a better note, more retail news... GORDON BIERSCH at IKON!

http://reappsfiles.breb.com/filecabi...restaurant.pdf

Hell yes!:tup:

sandiegodweller Sep 27, 2007 4:16 AM

Quote:

They have been 100% under contract for over a year. My friend is a RE Attorney, and tried to get someone out of their purchase contract at the Legend. They are Iron Clad. the deposit is 10% of the purchase price, which is at least 50k, and would be forfeited. Thats a LOT of money to walk away from. Those units will hold their value long term with that location.

What is your choice when you can't get financing? Are people still willing to blatantly lie and say that Electra will be their primary residence?

I backed out of The Mark and forfeited $26,000 which was 3%.

sandiegodweller Sep 27, 2007 5:07 AM

Quote:

This flier doesn't actually say that Gordon Biersch is going in. It is more of an artist rendering showing what it would look like. Did you get that info from the broker?

bmfarley Sep 27, 2007 5:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegodweller (Post 3077736)
According to the article that I posted earlier today, the bridge is 100% over budget. IF the bid gets awarded by the end of the year, the project COULD start next year and be done by late 2009.

Keep on posting those if you'd like, but most often do not read copied articles unless there is a brief summary of sorts provided by the poster. I read the paper often enough.... missed this one.

Soo 100% over budget? Ouch. The last figure I saw refernced somewhere in the neighborhood of $24-$26million for the bridge. Is that now doubled?

sandiego_urban Sep 27, 2007 5:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek loves SD (Post 3077711)
Does anybody know how many units Electra has sold?

I always thought that Electra was sold out. Even the Electra website has "Sold Out" stamped across it's home page http://www.electrasandiego.com/main.asp

sandiego_urban Sep 27, 2007 5:36 AM

I really hope they don't change the design of the pedestrian bridge too much in order to lower costs. It would suck if it ends up looking like the bridges you see over the freeways. :(

DowntownCharlieBrown Sep 27, 2007 7:19 AM

I hadn’t been to downtown San Diego (or at least seen it in the daytime) in about 2 years. I went to a wedding on at the Hotel Del Coronado. When we left at noon the next day and drove over the bridge, I was really amazed at how much the skyline had changed since the last time I saw it. And a lot still under construction. Very beautiful city. :tup:

sandiegodweller Sep 27, 2007 1:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmfarley (Post 3077978)
Keep on posting those if you'd like, but most often do not read copied articles unless there is a brief summary of sorts provided by the poster. I read the paper often enough.... missed this one.

Soo 100% over budget? Ouch. The last figure I saw refernced somewhere in the neighborhood of $24-$26million for the bridge. Is that now doubled?

The original budget was $12 million. It is now $24-$26 million.

sandiegodweller Sep 27, 2007 2:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiego_urban (Post 3078011)
I always thought that Electra was sold out. Even the Electra website has "Sold Out" stamped across it's home page http://www.electrasandiego.com/main.asp

All of the units in Electra may be reserved. The buyers put up a deposit 2 years ago and are in escrow to buy them. NONE of them have closed escrow because the building isn't completed yet. The buyers still need to arrange financing and close escrow.

My point earlier is that a lot of circumstances have changed over the past 18-24 months. Many of the units may have been reserved by buyers who had the intention of selling their current home and moving to Electra. There is a good chance that some of those will fall out of escrow.

Also, many buyers may have fibbed and told the lender that they will be using the Electra as their primary residence even though they weren't. This fib made it easier to underwrite the loan and get a better interest rate. Today, the underwriting isn't so fast and loose.

keg92101 Sep 27, 2007 3:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegodweller (Post 3077969)
This flier doesn't actually say that Gordon Biersch is going in. It is more of an artist rendering showing what it would look like. Did you get that info from the broker?

No, it's on their listing page. Broker's would never place an actual restaraunt logo on a Marketting flyer for two reasons:

1. Its illegal to use a copyrighted logo without paying the owner of that logo
2. It would deter interest in any other possible tenent if they think the space is already occupied.

A lot of time on the Burnham or Grubb & Ellis listing flyers, you see spaces called out as "lease pending", even if the tenent is all but certain to be taking the space, just because until the deal is signed, they don't want to pigeon hole themselves if the tennent ends up backing out.

sandiegodweller Sep 27, 2007 8:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg92101 (Post 3078480)
No, it's on their listing page. Broker's would never place an actual restaraunt logo on a Marketting flyer for two reasons:

1. Its illegal to use a copyrighted logo without paying the owner of that logo
2. It would deter interest in any other possible tenent if they think the space is already occupied.

A lot of time on the Burnham or Grubb & Ellis listing flyers, you see spaces called out as "lease pending", even if the tenent is all but certain to be taking the space, just because until the deal is signed, they don't want to pigeon hole themselves if the tennent ends up backing out.

I just spoke with the brokers. Gordon Biersch is NOT signed up. They are still far apart on deal terms.

SDCAL Sep 27, 2007 8:29 PM

I know I will be in the minority here, but I have never like the bridge design. It looks like the sail of a boat, but it is tilted, and reminds me of a sinking ship or something. Maybe it's just the rendering, but it just doesn't look good to me :shrug:

http://www.ccdc.com/images/propertyI...0south-Web.jpg

I do agree we need a bridge there desperately and we need it right away

SDCAL Sep 27, 2007 8:36 PM

Ballpark Pubs and Bars

I think it's great that bars and pubs are starting to expand to the immediate ballpark area, I just hope some higher-end restaurants or clubs will soon follow as I fear the area might become too "frat-boyish" and not sophisticated enough.

I know that sounds kind of snobby, but I really think with all the rennovated warehouses and great architecture the ballpark area could be a little more high-end than hooters-like pubs.

I also noticed at the Farenheight building right near the ballpark, a really cool industrial looking building, there is an advertisement for some place called "Dirty Del's" going in on the corner. What is this, another hooters-type drinking pub just a block away from Diamond View where they will be putting in the other place?

Anyway, just my opinion, I'm all for a VARIETY of places and pubs with bar girls who have their breasts hanging out are fine, I just see the type of establishments taking a turn for the mid-to-lower end and I think SD has enough of these type of things and we could strive to maybe a little older (30s and 40s instead of 20s) crowd who has more money and still wants hip and trendy but in a more sophisticated manner

sdperry Sep 27, 2007 8:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCAL (Post 3079232)
...and we could strive to maybe a little older (30s and 40s instead of 20s) crowd who has more money and still wants hip and trendy but in a more sophisticated manner

Yes! I'd like to see more places like Basic (across from DiamondView), Neighborhood (8th and G) and Zanzibar (7th and G).

If the East Village gets a Trader Joes and more diverse and hip retail and dining, it could really be more like Soho in Manhatten or a lot of neighborhoods in San Fran, rather than an extension of the gaslamp.

SDCAL Sep 27, 2007 8:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdperry (Post 3079274)
Yes! I'd like to see more places like Basic (across from DiamondView), Neighborhood (8th and G) and Zanzibar (7th and G).

If the East Village gets a Trader Joes and more diverse and hip retail and dining, it could really be more like Soho in Manhatten or a lot of neighborhoods in San Fran, rather than an extension of the gaslamp.

I completely agree, I would love to see either a Trader Joe's, Henry's or Whole Foods come in. The first floow of the TR Produce building always struck me as a perfect place for a food market :)

visionary Sep 27, 2007 10:13 PM

TR Produce

Your wishes shall come true!!!
Trust!!!

Derek Sep 27, 2007 10:19 PM

Visionary, what do you mean?

HurricaneHugo Sep 28, 2007 2:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by visionary (Post 3079451)
Your wishes shall come true!!!
Trust!!!

Vida Guerra is going out with me??!!!:notacrook:

Derek Sep 28, 2007 4:48 AM

I like the way you think Hugo. :)

keg92101 Sep 28, 2007 2:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCAL (Post 3079232)
I think it's great that bars and pubs are starting to expand to the immediate ballpark area, I just hope some higher-end restaurants or clubs will soon follow as I fear the area might become too "frat-boyish" and not sophisticated enough.

I know that sounds kind of snobby, but I really think with all the rennovated warehouses and great architecture the ballpark area could be a little more high-end than hooters-like pubs.

I also noticed at the Farenheight building right near the ballpark, a really cool industrial looking building, there is an advertisement for some place called "Dirty Del's" going in on the corner. What is this, another hooters-type drinking pub just a block away from Diamond View where they will be putting in the other place?

Anyway, just my opinion, I'm all for a VARIETY of places and pubs with bar girls who have their breasts hanging out are fine, I just see the type of establishments taking a turn for the mid-to-lower end and I think SD has enough of these type of things and we could strive to maybe a little older (30s and 40s instead of 20s) crowd who has more money and still wants hip and trendy but in a more sophisticated manner

EnDev LLC (Stingaree, Sidebar, etc...) have a public notice sign on the old Ehmcke Sheet Metal Building. I wonder what's in store there?